Notices

Neighbor and pool situation

Old 08-14-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Sounds like a better plan!

When I worked from home. I used the UPS Store for my shipping/mail address.

It really helped...
Not having to be home to receive packages etc.

Also, I didn't want all my suppliers and clients having my home address.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

sunshine that all sounds like a good plan
I've had to board my dogs at a kennel a number of times now. It was a reputable kennel run by friend of a friend. Very kind lady, who also did dog training, had show dogs. My dogs were never unhappy to go there.
It's hard the first time, but I think if you find a good one you will feel much better. You can always see if you can take the doggies for a "trial run" with the people who run the kennel to check out the facilities and how things are run.
My dogs spent 6 weeks in a kennel while I was in treatment. It was hard being away from them for so long, but really in the end I KNEW they were being taken care of while I was away and could have some peace of mind and stop scrambling to find a house sitter.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good grief, sunshine - what an eventful summer.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

So besides the toilet paper holder being ripped out of the wall I have found men's underwear hanging on a door knob upstairs and a meat thermometer poolside... Lol not even angry anymore... Who knows what will turn up tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Sorry for the bump,but I've been following this thread for the 'soap opera'.. Wow..What a chain of events! At least you have your pool back to yourselves!
Old 08-25-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Just read your post. WOW...put the breaks on these horrible, selfish neighbours. Time to "do you". Your house...your rules....your right to tell them all to take a hike.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi Heavencanwait. I put the brakes on big time... Have the lock on the gate. Now they avoid me like the plague. It is a horrible trade off. And because they can see the pool from their backyard I don't even want to use it anymore, because I feel awkward. I offered them all twice last week-end to come and bring their kids... And both times they declined. Because it wasn't a good time for them, well whatever because it was a good time for me... and before when they had the open invitation it was rarely a good time for me. So anyway, no matter which way we went here, someone would feel awkward so I'd rather have them not like me anymore than to have them continuing to use us for our pool at their leisure. So it is what it is.

On a positive note, my husband and I were able to float around in the pool with our eclipse glasses and that was surreal. I really love having our privacy back . so it's worth it overall. I really like them all... so I'm sad too that they avoid me and I can only imagine the gossip... lol
Old 08-25-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi, sunshine.
Thank you for the update.
You have done what you could, so go ahead and use that lovely pool and try not to feel guilty.
Just keep telling yourself that they brought it on themselves by being inconsiderate neighbors.
I would cut off a limb for my own pool.
Wait. That wouldn't work.
My gym has a very nice pool, which I get to twice a week, mostly.
I hurt my shoulder this week--overzealous yard work--so am swimless and yogaless while it heals.
The eclipse was amazing, wasn't it?
One thing that has struck me throughout the pool shenanigans is the people pleasing thing.
Ya know, we try to be nice, have people like us, then someone gives us a big ol' psych out wedgie.
I volunteer at an organization.
I like it, and they like me.
Sometimes I'm tempted to take more on there, especially as they are seasonally busy with fund raising events.
I have learned to wait a bit before I offer to do something more.
As in, do I really want to do this because it will help?
Or am I doing it so everyone will say I'm a star?
Just checking my motives.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Maudcat!! This is a first: big ol' psych out wedgie... LOVE IT! Sorry about your shoulder... You would greatly benefit from a soak in my pool as it is a salt water pool and it helps with all the aches and pains... YES the eclipse was stunning!! Especially when day turned to dusk here in North Carolina... Wow!
Old 08-25-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

A salt water pool! Heaven!
Just let me grab my suit.
And a plane ticket.
Happy Friday and happy weekend.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

goon on ya,sunshine!
on the gossip thing- i hope its real good gossipy gossip and not just the regular gossip.
because in doing so, while theyre talkin about people that can handle it, theyre leaving people alone that cant.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Boxer

I think often times people mistake kindness for weakness and sometimes even good people at heart take advantage until the line is drawn and enforced.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I extended the pool invite to say it's open for the holiday week-end to be kind. It's going to be a nice week-end and it's convenient to us to let neighbors use the pool this week-end. This is the response from one:

"Thanks for the invite...to tell you honestly it's very tough to keep my daughter away from your pool on the other days, once she has access to it... so it's best to keep the YMCA her only choice...just to avoid the meltdowns.."

Makes me even happier I made this decision. It should be when it is convenient for us not because their kids are having meltdowns.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
I extended the pool invite to say it's open for the holiday week-end to be kind. It's going to be a nice week-end and it's convenient to us to let neighbors use the pool this week-end. This is the response from one:

"Thanks for the invite...to tell you honestly it's very tough to keep my daughter away from your pool on the other days, once she has access to it... so it's best to keep the YMCA her only choice...just to avoid the meltdowns.."

Makes me even happier I made this decision. It should be when it is convenient for us not because their kids are having meltdowns.
WTF? How about they teach their kid(s) some respect/boundaries?..Actually..given my 'kid' crap that's going on now..hmmmm? entitled monsters! I say!!
Old 09-01-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Sunshine,

You have nothing to feel guilty about! These neighbors, wow.. if their noses are out of joint now, are way out of line. I imagine them saying, "Wow, can you believe that Sunshine? She doesn't want us using her pool round the clock freely at our convenience, even when she is out of town, smoking weed and leaving trash.. Now she has the NERVE to only want it to be when we are invited and our kids can be supervised??"

You did the right thing. You've tried to be kind after making clear what you could not accept on your property. Now if they are going to be huffy and passive/aggressive about it, that's their problem. Don't let them stop you from using your own pool!

You sound like a lovely person.. please don't let this make you doubt yourself. You have been more than kind!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tealily View Post
Sunshine,

You have nothing to feel guilty about! These neighbors, wow.. if their noses are out of joint now, are way out of line. I imagine them saying, "Wow, can you believe that Sunshine? She doesn't want us using her pool round the clock freely at our convenience, even when she is out of town, smoking weed and leaving trash.. Now she has the NERVE to only want it to be when we are invited and our kids can be supervised??"

You did the right thing. You've tried to be kind after making clear what you could not accept on your property. Now if they are going to be huffy and passive/aggressive about it, that's their problem. Don't let them stop you from using your own pool!

You sound like a lovely person.. please don't let this make you doubt yourself. You have been more than kind!
Thank you this is the best. Makes me feel so good. And I lol.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

What a story, was going to put on the TV but this was way better.

Can relate on all points.

I have FINALLY come to the realisation that if I am really honest, I don't like as many people as I thought I did.

Like these folks, seem like a piece of work to me so I know its hard (virtually impossible for me) but if you are really honest with yourself, do you really like them as much as you thought you did.....

Thanks for turning to us -- I hope to return the favour once.

I was In Columbia for the eclipse, which was amazing -- would not want to have shared that with your neighbours ...
Old 09-01-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Omigosh. She has to go to the Y pool.
How awful for her.
I go to a Y pool.
It's pretty nice.
Nice of you to offer for the weekend. I would say you have done what you could to mend fences.
The rest is up to them.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I know you have been waiting for a pool update. So we had the filming here that I had mentioned before. The movie is called Blood of the Mummy. I had to notify all my neighbors because there would be screaming as the Mummy was killing people. So yeah... that happened. I also had to let the cops know, so that our mummy didn't get shot. Luckily no one complained even though the movie shoot went until 1am. AND... they had to come back the next weekend. We are pretty quiet here and boy did we make up for that. We had around 50 people here for the movie shoot. It was pretty exciting. I'd like to share some pictures here. We turned my pool blood red. It was so cool. As the red broke down it turned to a pretty purple. BTW The main pool offender is being super nice now and even came by to watch some of the filming. Enjoy the pics.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Oh, goody.
A pool update.
Looks like fun.
I love the purple.