Notices

Memorial Day Weekender 26th - 29th May

Old 05-26-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
Just got back from the grocery store. There was a man riding a bicycle throughout the store. He was covered in spaghetti sauce from wrecking in to the shelves and breaking a couple jars.
BC -- That sounds like a story you'd hear on the news starring "Florida Man", as in:
"Florida man arrested today for riding a bicycle around in a supermarket covered in spaghetti sauce."
Old 05-26-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

In for another sober weekend. Won't be home much for a while. Flying over to my old stomping grounds in LA tomorrow to spend a week with friends.

Coming home next Saturday, then have to go to Hawaii for three weeks for work. It's not nearly as fun as it sounds: I'll be working indoors on a boring financial analysis project, and my only free time will be evenings and weekends. Still, all my expenses are paid, and I suppose not every job sends you to Hawaii for weeks at a time, so I'm not about to complain. I am a bit of a home body though.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Tonight is hard.

It's gorgeously sunny out there. Just been out to do some shopping and saw loads of people having a lager in pub beer gardens. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

But I owe this to myself and the people I care about.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You and me both Tynesider.

I usually play indoor Crazy Golf on Friday night but quite understandably due to the gorgeous weather and the fact of it being someone's Birthday it was decided to skip Crazy Golf and go eat al fresco.

We went to a place called The Boundary which has a superb open terrace and great food. So far so good but of course people then fancied going somewhere to drink. I am fine with other people drinking when there is food about but when it is just drinking that is too much temptation so I bailed after the meal.

I was in no danger of drinking but I did wish that I was a "normie" like my friends who could enjoy a few drinks without going mad. Hey ho, that ship has sailed.

To be honest I never drank sensibly even before I became a fully paid up alcoholic so It is not something that I once did but can do no longer.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Difficult times at present, so I would like to join for another sober weekend. Thanks, great group.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey Desert Dawg, evenings and weekends in Hawai'i? I bet it'll be nice!

Hey ho, Sao, you said it. There's nothing on that ship for us. Nothing to be tempted over.

This weekend will find me returning to my hometown for my nephew's high school graduation. He's a good kid; it'll be a nice event, I'm sure.

The 3-day weekend in America may prove a little challenging for newer friends. Stick close to SR and this thread. There'll always be someone here to remind you that living in the solution really is living.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hugs, Leshar.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi, Leshar!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to join please. I am on day 10, but this weekend is going to be hard. I am already romanticizing a bottle of wine. I look forward to 3 day weekends, but they are usually spent drinking and I need to find some way to keep myself busy and my mind on other things. I hope everyone is having a good day/evening
Old 05-26-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome leshar and emme

D
Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone, I would like to join please. I am on day 10, but this weekend is going to be hard. I am already romanticizing a bottle of wine. I look forward to 3 day weekends, but they are usually spent drinking and I need to find some way to keep myself busy and my mind on other things. I hope everyone is having a good day/evening
Hi emme - day 10 here too and pledging now to have a clean and present 3 day weekend. Some things I have planned are a visit to a friend who recently became a grandparent and is babysitting her, a hike, a visit to a seaside town, and doing some much needed yard work. I got myself out of a couple Memorial Day "bash" picnics as I don't feel quite ready to be around drinking peeps. Have a lovely weekend!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders emme and Vinificent! Good to have you both aboard.

Hang in there Leshar.

Desert Dawg i am still envious even though it is work although in the past you can be sure that I would have been a regular at the hotel bar.

Have fun Venny.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I was in no danger of drinking but I did wish that I was a "normie" like my friends who could enjoy a few drinks without going mad. Hey ho, that ship has sailed.
When I first got sober, I sometimes thought that too, Sao. But then I realized that I wasn't really missing anything by foregoing the occasional semi-boozy social hour with friends, and in any case it was a small price to pay for avoiding the descent into madness that would surely follow. And even if I managed to stop at 'a few' drinks, I would still have that kind of semi-lethargic, tired feeling that would make me basically useless for the rest of the evening. And I live in an area where walking and public transportation is off the table, so there was always the DUI risk. Just not worth it. And I can't say that I miss it.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks Vinificent My house does need some deep cleaning, like cleaning out closets, kitchen cabinets, etc., that I thought about doing. There is also a play group on Saturday mornings I could take my dog to, and I have been wanting to cook my parents a meal and take it over to them. I guess there are things I can do, I just need to plan and do them. Have a good weekend
Old 05-26-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Had so many issues submitting an assignment tonight.. computer crashed and I lost a bit of work.. then I got it done and had trouble sending it.. forgot to use the program that checks for plagiarism, as we were instructed.. glad I noticed my boo boo and sent it to the right place.. But I wasn't able to use the care plan template we're supposed to use because my computer kept crashing.. Hope she accepts it that way, she's not a big enough jerk to get that particular.

I'm stressed about this.. Hopefully this gets a passing grade and I do well on my test Tuesday..
Old 05-26-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you Venecia, Gilmer, Dee, Sao. Everyone is so kind.
Strength in the lovely numbers of people here!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I have the odd fleeting thought about what it would be like to have a drink lately, nothing I haven't been able to brush off, but it seems to be getting a bit more frequent. A little worrisome, but keeps me on my toes. I've been so exhausted by the time I get home from work lately tho, I don't need alcohol to make it any worse. The tiredness has become worrisome too, I've also been getting dizzy spells lately after a bit of exertion, like when you stand up too fast. Over all feeling weaker too. Glad I got a doctor when I did, we'll get to the bottom of this. I'd really like to get active again.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I want to start by apologizing if I ever hurt anyone with my post. Moving on guess what I'm a drunk I hate myself and all that stuff I'm going back to AA tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted it will be hard I hate AA but is the program that fit my disease.i am spiritual sick I hate who I am and I had trauma and I need to forgive some people including me sooo that's what I'm doing.

I'm embarrassed scared and sad also angry
A Bunch of emotions. I can not keep going like this I hope you guys are with me in this difficult road.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to hear you're going back to AA SAH

D
Old 05-26-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

LadyBlue - loved your singing story!!

Sao - your "hey ho, that ship has sailed" made me giggle.

Have a good evening, everyone!