Notices

Memorial Day Weekender 26th - 29th May

Old 05-28-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks Soberandhealthy, get well for your own benefit. One day without drinking leads you to the next day so all you have to to is to not drink for one day. You don't have to be the person you are now.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:32 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have one of those smartphones with a curved screen. If I had known what a pain in the pooper it would be I would never have bought it - holding it the wrong way can trigger all sorts of unwanted activity. I have always been scornful of those people that dislike technology but I think I am on the cusp of joining them.

Toasted tomatoes and avocado this morning, v-good.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Ah me- harry potter, LOTR, superman and batman reruns. At least it is Jim Carrey.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

SAH
You can find a way out. It is really great that you are reading and posting here. There is a way if you decide to be clean, healthy and sober again. You can do it.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good morning

I woke up late! Don't have much time and need to be at the center at 8:00. There's a piece of me grimacing at the oncoming rush to get ready and get there and another at the same time I'm smiling on the inside. By late I mean I woke up at 6am. If you told me that there would come a day I'd consider waking up at that time on a weekend to be late I would have laughed.

Off and running, have a great day everyone!

SAH, you can do this, you really can. It's not easy and you can't pick up at the slightest issue.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello. The weather turned out great yesterday...had a awesome workout and made dinner for hubby...then watched a movie on Netflix. Woke up this morning to clouds again...ugh. I guess I can't complain, last year at this time I was waking up to yet another hangover.

I have a smartphone too. Who would have ever thought back in 1990 that we would be walking around with a computer in our pockets?

SAH- Like others have said, you CAN do this. Just don't drink today...think of it that way while you put together a solid plan to stay sober. You have so much support here. Everyone is root'in for ya!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Respect offered for those who are the reason for your memorial w/end...
For us- it is ANZAC day (April).
Old 05-28-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I have one of those smartphones with a curved screen. If I had known what a pain in the pooper it would be I would never have bought it - holding it the wrong way can trigger all sorts of unwanted activity. I have always been scornful of those people that dislike technology but I think I am on ...
I have the same thing....it's very touchy and I won't get another one.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Checking in, I posted a depressive day 1 thread on Thursday and promised you all I would not drink this weekend.

I didn't realize how much I would think about it. My brain only knows that alcohol makes it happy and I am trying to rewire by involving myself in anything but.

This is day 4 and I usually fall around this time. I'm spending tonight with friends that don't really drink.

Part of me can't believe I'm saying all this but it's true. My problem is not being involved in my own life. Hoping to fix that.

I am amazed how good I look and feel after 4 days. I didn't even sleep well but you can no longer see veins under my eyes. I'm in my 20s.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

SAH.....how are you doing today?
Old 05-28-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm glad the weather turned decent for you CreativeThinker.

To Sah and anyone else who is struggling do check in (here or elsewhere) putting those feelings down in print reduces their power over you
Old 05-28-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have noticed a number of people drinking in fancy dress today, I do not know why. Weird.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

What's up friends! Just stopping in to say hello....still sober, thank goodness. Off tomorrow and looking forward to not having to nurse a hangover!
Old 05-28-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

So irritated at my boss. She sent me a new helper today.. at least there was someone there with me who was willing to help unlike yesterday with the girl who sat on her ass and showed no interest.. but I guess he was added to the shift last minute and boss didn't get to give her an actual plan of care.

He was asking me a lot of questions and that was fine, but he went to show me what he was given as far as information about the client and shift responsibilities went.. he wasn't told what to do, just that I would tell him what to do. The email also said I talk very little. *eye roll* But more importantly it went on to say that the clients (it's a couple with MS) have mental impairments and are forgetful, that they play caregivers against one another, and that they seem sweet but they tell lies, he was told to ignore their behavior.

I'm ticked. He had never even met these people before and he was told they are liars and to ignore what they say.

I want to call my boss and ask what this meant. Even if they sometimes do act funny, their concerns should be treated as legitimate, they should never have caregivers coming through the door thinking "they're trouble makers and liars and I'm just gonna ignore them." That isn't right.

The other caregiver could tell I was upset about this and asked me not to say anything.. I even wrote down their case manager's contact info, but I probably won't call her.. I am so irked I might even ask the other agency I'm still technically employed with to give me some hours and stop working for the ****** people I work for without giving a reason at all.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

BC It is right to highlight patients mental state and behaviour but I agree that it would be wrong to ignore it.

Well done Purpirks! It is a public holiday tomorrow in the UK too. Despite having gone 11pm it is still 19C and very humid and clammy. I cannot have windows open after I go to bed because of the noise. I still prefer this to the cold and wet weather that London is more well known for.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I thought about going to the drum circle ~ it's every Sunday at sunset. But I just recently had a tattoo restored & I guess I'm not to go to the beach while the new ink heals. Still, it's nice to have options.....better than being at the bar drinking myself stupid! Browsing through Pinterest to hopefully get motivated
Old 05-28-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
BC It is right to highlight patients mental state and behaviour but I agree that it would be wrong to ignore it.

Well done Purpirks! It is a public holiday tomorrow in the UK too. Despite having gone 11pm it is still 19C and very humid and clammy. I cannot have windows open after I go to bed because of the noise. I still prefer this to the cold and wet weather that London is more well known for.
It would be right to do that, if they were doing that. I don't believe that they lie or make things up. In fact one caregiver they have during the week does some inappropriate things and when they complain to the office, nothing is done to fix the problem, because the caregiver says they are lying. In some cases, other caregivers have witnessed the behavior that's being reported. But then they are accused of lying, too.

M says that when he gets a bed bath sometimes, this lady will wash his body, wash his groin area, then remember she hasn't washed his face, go back and wash his face with the same wash rag that has washed him down below. He's incontinent.
Apparently he told the office she does this and they asked her and she said that's ridiculous and that fell under the category of they make stuff up. But another caregiver told me she witnessed this lady doing this.

And so maybe they do make some stuff up or report things they remember inaccurately, but we shouldn't be telling brand new caregivers that don't know him from Adam and her from Eve, that they will tell us nothing but lies, because when they have to report things that aren't right, they will not be listened to and that is wrong.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good Sunday evening, everyone! It's in the middle of my usual work week, but I have tomorrow off so am super glad about that. Going to spend some time with my kids and parents. Probably going to go all against the Memorial Day norm and go out for pizza on a patio somewhere as it's supposed to be a gorgeous day!

A while back, I finally found the thing that I was searching for to really click in my head in this whole searching-for-permanent-sobriety thing. Even though I am a Christian, I found the philosophy of Rational Recovery exactly what made sense to me. Things have changed a lot for me lately and I couldn't be more happy about it.

Love this group - hope everyone has a relaxing and sober rest of your weekend. <3
Old 05-28-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, I hope the Weekenders successfully negotiate Sunday evening.

I'm glad you found Rational Recovery Julia8, lots of people find it veryl helpful.

I hope you are OK Soberandhealthy.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning all. Hope you enjoy your Monday off (Those of you who have it off). I'll be at work today, which is OK, it'll keep me busy. I really didn't get much done this weekend 'cept some good napping.