Notices

Memorial Day Weekender 26th - 29th May

Old 05-25-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

U ok SAH? Are you still with us?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I had no idea it was memorial day this weekend until I saw this thread but, I'm in! I even watch the news every morning and night, I promise! I guess me 6+months ago would have been 'planning the party' weeks ago and now I just don't do that.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I will join you! Trying to branch out from my March class and socialize a little more. I have tomorrow off, and thanks to everyone at SR I'm going to bed sober!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Morning guys.... just trying to drag myself out of bed 😂 sooo tired.
Xx
Old 05-26-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Thought it was safe to go downstairs, as it became very quiet. Wrong, just picking another song. I'm going out shopping.... need gas anyways.
Good choice STDragon. I'm sure she won't be feeling to great this morning which is something you don't need to worry about at all.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Cleomie, Don't Remember and Purpirks!

Soberandhealthy i'm certain that people don't hate you and are not talking about you behind your back. I would suffer some days of paranoia like that but once I got soberI came to understand that. I expect some people talk about me still but no more than anyone else and no more than I talk about others myself.

It is another splendid day of blue sky here, shame I am at work but for once I think I can take it easy today.

I hope Mrs STDragon is well this morning.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Sao, SAH.

I used to think the worst of the world and the people in it, but most of all I thought the worst of myself.

Getting myself out of that cycle of drinking and self hatred was the best thing I ever did.

I really hope you'll think about what more you can do to stay in recovery.

You deserve better than this- truly.

D
Old 05-26-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
Why I'm so needy it looks like I need everyone attention everyone love all people on me and if I'm not get it them they hate me they talking about me. I must be ugly and old and fat. What's wrong with me why I invent these ideas about me and other people hating me. Don't get me wrong it bring pain to me. I'm crazy
SAH, you aren't crazy, this is what alcohol does to you. These exact thoughts. It's really hard to read your words because it reminds me of myself when I was drinking. I know you don't want to drink and at least you're here. What have you been doing to try to abstain? You were doing so well the last time you were here. What happened? Stay with us. You can do this but you have to want it.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Yea, Mrs. D is a little worse for the wear this morning, but like I said, she hardly ever drinks and I can't remember the last time I saw her that far gone. After putting up with me for years, I can't complain. (Tho I was never a noisy singing out loud drunk).
Old 05-26-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Happy Friday everyone! The boss is away so the mice will play!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Woke up sad, but sober. This is a fight but I will stay on the path. Memorial Day is going to be busy.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Happy Friday everyone! The boss is away so the mice will play!

Sooooooo, you want to talk about singing loudly? Yesterday I had the entire office to myself. So, I decided to do a little 80s music marathon and belt away. I was having a good time with myself (amazed at how fun this was sober!) and working along.

Then.............a coworker appeared in my doorway to tell me she and another coworker were about to get on a hands free conference call. I asked her how long they had been in the office and she smirked and said "oh, for quite some time now"
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

LOL, LadyBlue! Sound like something that would happen to me!

SAH here's a quote that may help: "Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are." I've also felt the way you feel....sometimes I still do. I deleted my facebook account years back and that really helped. Now since I don't go downtown anymore, I think screw it, let the rumors fly, and focus on ME for a change!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. Enjoy the weekend everyone, and if you're American, enjoy the Memorial Day holiday.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
It is another splendid day of blue sky here, shame I am at work but for once I think I can take it easy today.
Wish I could say the same about the weather here in New England. It's been pouring rain for the last 2 days. Ugh! So much for a BBQ.

Enjoy the weekend all!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

A perfect autumn day in Adelaide. Winter is coming, 5 days. Friday night- 2347 here. Bust w/end doing recovery 'homework'. Love it. Be nice to you.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
saoutchik

LadyBlue I have a co-worker who sings along with headphones on. The volume creeps up as the day goes by.

Creative Thinker the forecast here for Sunday and Monday isn't great so perhaps by way of contrast you will some decent weather when it is most useful.

5pm and I am finished for the week!

Last edited by saoutchik; 05-26-2017 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 05-26-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just got back from the grocery store. There was a man riding a bicycle throughout the store. He was covered in spaghetti sauce from wrecking in to the shelves and breaking a couple jars.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
Just got back from the grocery store. There was a man riding a bicycle throughout the store. He was covered in spaghetti sauce from wrecking in to the shelves and breaking a couple jars.
That's quite an image BC.

Maybe he has a grudge against pushing a trolley.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

As long as it was actually spaghetti sauce and not blood from slicing himself open on the jars. Eek. My brother actually had to get stitches across his stomach once because a spaghetti jar broke as he was attempting to open it as it was braced across his midriff. What a mess.

I'm in. I've been very busy at work lately so have been rather frazzled. Totally forgot about checking in for the new thread yesterday until late.

Back to work. See you all later. Family birthday party on Sunday. Cleaning and carting around kids on Saturday. Monday? Maybe I'll get some rest.