Notices

Post ante vos pick sursum Weekender 24-26 Feb

Old 02-25-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I have paperwork to do for school that I just don't want to do. Not like I'm doing anything more important.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

That looks lovely, Sao.

So peaceful. It's been another windy, rainy day here, so no calm waters for miles.

I'm getting a bit stir crazy, as I've been indoors since Wednesday evening.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Cold and wet here. Mr P has been out fishing and Is cold and wet. He's currently eating a pizza I cooked for him. I stayed in the caravan in the warm and cooked a chocolate gluten free cake, which I'm currently eating. Point to self...... Don't eat too much. Xx
Old 02-25-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Checking in and doing well. Can I give everyone a hug here before I go out into the ethosphere .
Old 02-25-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Beautiful sober Sunday morning here.
Shopping is done for the week
Spicy omelette devoured
Having Huge mug of tea in the sunshine now
I've just watered all my deck plants so everything looks dewy and great

This is good.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

There's no accountability in anything in home health.. It's always someone else's job or responsibility. So we double dosed a medication because we didn't know that one of the client's over the counter meds was added to his packs of prescription meds. The client didn't know either, that's why he asked for it even though it was in the pack and he already got it. I told the agency about it and suggested they let all the aides know about the change to avoid double dosing. They said it wasn't our job, that the client needs to be aware of what his meds are, we are only responsible for giving what he asks for, not for making sure he doesn't double dose.. They told me that if either client asks for an extra dose of a med they have already gotten I am to give them what they ask for.. They seem to think it's okay if it's just b12, and it's not.. nor is it okay if it's Claritin or xanax or ibuprofen. I'm sure they'd sing a different tune if they found out I was giving him his narcotic pain med every time he asked for it, instead of as prescribed.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Home!

bim, I'm glad the baby giraffe was OK her/or she looks adorable (though I had to look quote hard to see it)

Brenda, I agree that does seem a rather cavalier attitude to medicine, if someone OD's I bet they would try to avoid culpability.

My apologies for not being around as much as I usually am, it was just an impulse that made me visit my aunt and uncle whose house I had never visited before and I had not seen my aunt for some years.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone! Saturday is coming to an end, me and my BF were a bit unlucky cause the film we wanted to see was already sold out. We ended up going to an exhibition instead, which was quite nice but also very boozy cause it was the opening night, so we left early. I think we did well with accepting the change of plans without letting it stress or frustrate us. The main thing that makes me happy is, that the weird stress related tension between us is gone and we just can enjoy each other's company again.

I hope you all have a nice and sober evening / night or whatever daytime it is in your timezone!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

That's fantastic, k!
Old 02-25-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey everybody so how odd is this. I decided today to open a savings account for somewhere to put 'my' spending money that was accumulating since I quit. We have a joint account where our paychecks go and my wife has her own savings account. I closed mine many many years ago because I'd spend every penny I'd get anyways. I managed my drinking career on a cash only basis (With the odd debit card purchase when I felt I could get away with it.) Anyways I had to go sit in someone's office and explain that I wanted my own account. I actually nervous. A 52 year old man anxious about opening a savings account. sheesh. Welp it represents another step in my commitment to sobriety, So maybe that's why......
Old 02-25-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Yeah.. I know what you mean. If I take the next step, will I just mess it up again..
if I get through school, I will have to get a big girl job. And lease my own apartment. Have bills in my own name. I haven't had any of that since 2010. I lost my job and couldn't keep one. Here I am at 32 and I don't know that I can do it... I can do it, it's just that I know I can **** it all up in the time it takes me to put a bottle to my lips. I'm a little melodramatic sometimes.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good night all.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
If I take the next step, will I just mess it up again..
Yea, I had that worry too. but I gotta believe that I can do this. Can't let what-if's get in the way. Tho I nearly didn't go thru with it. sheesh....
Old 02-25-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

That's where "mindfulness"--living in the present moment--comes in.

Keep bringing your mind back to the task immediately at hand when it is tempted to race ahead.

Make a sound plan to accomplish your goal, then put one foot ahead of the other.

"One day at a time"--"one minute at a time"--is really useful when tackling something new and daunting.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Opening a Savings Account a good idea SoberTDragon. Periodically adding up how much money I would have spent on booze and its ancillary costs like take away food etc is a boost.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Happy Sober Sunday!

Off to the recovery center and then who knows what later. Point being that I have the freedom to make the decision. In days past I would have been in bed today until at least 2pm.

Sobriety rocks!
Old 02-26-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning everyone, Happy Sober Sunday! Off to work for a few hours then to the gym with wife and daughter. Ended up buying both running shoes and Keens sandals. (Wife encouraged me). Took the running shoes for a 5 mile treadmill run yesterday. Big difference from the cheaper shoes, easy on all the joints. Don't know why I have to keep learning that lesson over and over,
Old 02-26-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice one LadyBlue, sobriety brings other freedoms too!

I have stripped the egg chair I collected to free from the council's waste recycling center back to the raw fiberglass. There were some nasty splits or fissures which explains why it was free but they have been patched over now.

Once it has been painted I can fit new speakers. I'm hopeless with upholstery so someone else can to that.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I was planning on getting up the first time my alarm went off this morning at 7. So I snoozed for two hours. Hate this.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

I have stripped the egg chair I collected to free from the council's waste recycling center back to the raw fiberglass. There were some nasty splits or fissures which explains why it was free but they have been patched over now.

Once it has been painted I can fit new speakers. I'm hopeless with upholstery so someone else can to that.
That sounds amazing! May we see a photo when it's done?