Notices

Post ante vos pick sursum Weekender 24-26 Feb

Old 02-25-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sao it's great to be sober so nipping down to cornwall on a whim is a valid and reasonable choice. hooray

Tetra, boredom eh ? I think for me it was boredom that was telling me i was growing , my old life wasnt big enough for the sober me . The drunk me did nothing , went nowhere and was contenet with just sitting in my room with a telly drinking till i passed out .

Off for my sober coffee

m
Old 02-25-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Why do I hate mornings SO much?
Old 02-25-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders!

Technically it's afternoon here but I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. I didn't sleep well or much last night so the day didn't really start for me before that nap. Feeling much better now.

Oh no, what's wrong Brenda?
Old 02-25-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good job Trees, I used to tell myself that the present me is an a**hole to the future me. Sobriety changed that, now the future me likes the present me because the present me is doing what's best for future me.

Not a morning person Brenda?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Thread is quiet this morning. Everyone sleeping in extra late?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good Morning.. I thought I would start posting here too and checking in throughout the day. I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY!
It's beautiful here in Texas. Blue skies and warm weather!

Plan for the day is productivity. Spring cleaning.
For some reason my husband got motivated yesterday. He's been months of not dong much around the house but drinking, which made me very unmotivated.
So this morning it's coffee and a Zyrtec (allergies). And if I find the need for them later a Tramadol and a low dose Xanax. It's better than drinking.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Heading out soon. Dropping daughter off for volunteer work at food bank then shopping for shoes. I really want a new pair of Keens, but I also want new running shoes and the place we are going to is really well known for their knowledge and attentiveness. Perfect opportunity to get fitted in new joggers. Think I just made my decision!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Sleep in? What's that? I go to bed at 8PM, I'm nearly always up by 4:30AM.

No giraffe baby yet. I think it's all a publicity stunt, she isn't acting like our giraffe did on the day she calved. Of course, I've been wrong about a lot of stuff, and I'm certainly no giraffe expert. I have that N=1 experience only.

It's colder than cold here today.

Hi, Mesa.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi Marissa! I was in Huston for a week a few years back in October, oh boy was it ever hot, humid and Sunny. I really enjoyed my visit.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Can you see the little one? This is the male calf born here a couple years back. So cute. He's just a day or two old in this pic.

Oh, I thought that picture was smaller. Oh, well. In the smaller picture, it was hard to see him. He blended right in. Hello!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Just not a morning person. I find I wake up lately feeling as sluggish and foggy as I would with one of my milder hangovers.

I made my strong cup of coffee this morning.. and it may have to be my last, because it gave me some problems I don't care to talk about.

So now my new morning energy drink will be a Superfood smoothie.. it's not very smooth because I shake it in the bottle I bought.. when I finish it I will just do water the rest of the day.. hopefully. I have a feeling by 4 I will have another cup of coffee.

But I also bought all kinds of healthy food for my work weekend, I'll be munching on raw veggies whenever I have downtime lol
Old 02-25-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

My boyfriend's about to come over in a bit and I'll try and get some cleaning and studying done before he comes. Then for tonight we have planned to go and see a movie (probably Lion, anyone seen it?).

So if this time none of us stress heads loses their nerves we could end up having a nice and romantic evening.

Plan B is watching trashy TV and weaving.

Tomorrow I might go to an indoor flea market (it's still cold here) but I don't know if I really should. I have absolutely no spare money to spend at the moment and even if I behave and don't buy anything there I'll have to pay for public transport which isn't cheap.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Have you tried tea Brenda? I find coffee makes me feel hyperactive and sometimes gives me a weird stomach but with tea it's a but better.

And I have the same problem with feeling almost hungover in the mornings. I think it might be allergies, so i should get tested for that.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

My coworker on the other hand seems to have brought cookies and red bull and his vape. We're here ALL day.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal View Post
Have you tried tea Brenda? I find coffee makes me feel hyperactive and sometimes gives me a weird stomach but with tea it's a but better.

And I have the same problem with feeling almost hungover in the mornings. I think it might be allergies, so i should get tested for that.
Maybe I'll start drinking hot tea for a little caffeine.. and I should make caffeine-free tea at night for my passionflower oil.

I definitely have allergies. Our vents are extremely dusty.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about the flea markets. I love to go but not without money. I could spend all day browsing at the many in our area. One of my favorite sober things to do!
  # 117 (permalink)  

Oh, look at the little giraffe . He has such a sweet face.

He does blend in well with his mother -it was only because you asked if we could see him that I looked twice.

How long before they are full size?
  # 118 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Happy Sober Saturday!

Looks like lots of good plans for the day. Trees, glad you did that.

Sometimes what we do in the morning sets the tone for the day. I've found that to be true recently.

On my way to my sponsors in about 10 minutes and then meeting up with a woman I volunteered with.

Then, home for trashy tv later just like kevlarsjal!

Thanks for the pic bimini. still waiting on the baby to be born. I check in every once in a while. I hear giraffes can be in labor for 9 days. I wouldn't even want to do something that feels good for that long!

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-25-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Well I'm off for a few hours until my cravings start, then I'll be back!!
Have a great day!!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders George89 and Marissa 41. Good to see a fellow Londoner.

I am about to commence the 350 mile drive home from Cornwall, I will have more time to catch up then. This was taken outside the restaurant we visited yesterday evening
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170225_154624.jpg (37.3 KB, 31 views)