Notices

Post ante vos pick sursum Weekender 24-26 Feb

Old 02-23-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
Hi Sao and weekenders,

Haven't been here for a while, but still sober and doing well. Opening a business is proving 10x harder than I thought it was going to be, meaning I m working 10x harder too. Glad that unlike my day job this is something I actually love.

So that s what s in store for me this weekend. Work, work, work.

Been sober 6.5 months now, still remember clearly how the weekender carried me through my first weekend. Hope it does the same for all newcomers.

Mr P
Hey! Good to hear you're still hanging in. I haven't visited our August thread in a while, but I am doing pretty good as well A half a year already, it's strange!!
Old 02-23-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

People were talking about sober sleep.. My only thing is I am not sure exactly what is the magic number of hours that is right for me. I think I function best on 6.5 and I need to lay off the snooze button, but it's so hard.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hello weekenders!

I'm going through a rough patch this week end feel how the drinking thoughts come back more and more so I thought I'd join.

My day's been okay-ish, I studied for 4 hours and got lots done, but then I had a stupid fight with my boyfriend which I think was caused by my insecurity and which made it worse of course cause I felt misunderstood and thought he liked me less. I'm always scared someone doesn't love/like me anymore when they get angry, is that normal?
I think I also have to really work on my acceptance. I thought we'd go out for dinner tonight but my boyfriend didn't feel like it and wanted to stay in and paint, which made me worry he likes me less than when he'd wanted to take me on a date. Change of plans is always such a nightmare for me. I feel like I miss out on how it could've been and can't enjoy what I'll end up doing instead.

For my weekend plans it will be much more studying and I wanted to start a small weaving project.

@Brenda: I can relate to the sleep thing. I have no idea how much I need. I think I'm more productive when I don't sleep too much but my moods are more stable when I sleep a bit longer.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders kevlarsjal, sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch but ignore those drinking thoughts, it never makes anything better. Your reactions sound pretty normal to me. I hope things settle down between you and your boyfriend. I hope you stick around

Brenda, I am lucky if I manage 6.5 hours. Talking of which I am going to go to be soon, it is only just gone 9.45pm but I have an early start and a longish drive by British standards.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

@brenda - I ve been on 4,5 hours for the last few months, then do 8 about once a week just because it sounds right, but I fell less tired if I sleep between 4 and 5 hours!

Made it home in 4 hours! Usually takes 1.5,

P
Old 02-23-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Count me in. Need to get to grips with this comfort eating though..... my clothes are getting a bit snug.
Xx
Old 02-23-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome kevlarsjal

D
Old 02-23-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good afternoon. Today has been a day for me. No time, lots of meetings. Now I'm tired and deflated and don't want to do anything. At all.

I will say (again? dunno) that I still find it extremely useful to plan, each morning, what I'm going to put together for dinner that night and at least one more thing I'll do in my evening that I really want to do. Something that I will still want to do no matter how tired or down on myself I feel by the end of the day. Today it is a very short walk to a nearby pasture where a couple of sweet old horses live. And I'm taking apples for them! Dinner will be miso soup (cheating with a packet) and a baked sweet potato.

But if I don't plan in the morning...come quitting time, I will often never even leave my desk until my partner gets home quite late, in the meantime my AV just will not shut up, I will eat potato chips or nothing, and will go to bed depressed.

Planning. It's not for nothing!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hello all, well I ended up staying most of the day at work, didn't leave early like I planned. Instead, caught the bus to my wife's office as she had the car.

When I'm posting here in the evenings It's almost always from bed. I need at least 8 hours sleep every night and I occasionally play snooze button.

The early morning hours are my favorite time of the day, the dog get's me up 'cause he starts with his ball around 4:30am then comes in the room wanting to be let out and fed. I make my coffee, check the weather then do my morning posts here on SR. I love the peace and quiet of the house and the 'just me' time when everyone is still sleeping.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I've used my pre-approved allotment of overtime for the week already and now I'm planning to go in Sunday. I did say somewhere I was going to start taking it easy, but I got so much on the go!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I love my mornings too Dragon, nothing like that peacefulness. I think we are still in shock too as to waking up without a pounding head and feeling like crap. It's a little gift sobriety gives us isn't it?

Thinking of all of you over in the storm and hoping all is well!

bimini, I am currently watching a webcam on a giraffe that's about to give birth at any moment. Love this!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I wanna see a tiny giraffe being born!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I really have to withdraw from caffeine.. The palpitations are buggin' me out and I never have energy anyway.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Another sober weekend for me, please!
I hope all those in England get through the storm okay. Sounds scary!
Speaking of sleep, I have gotten so that I sleep so much! I can't even snuggle up on my couch and watch tv, I fall asleep. It does seem to be getting better, though. At first, I was falling asleep even at work and in meetings. Odd. I didn't do that when I was drinking. Someone here said that it's part of our body's recovery, getting rid of all the poison. Sounds good to me.
It is really wonderful to wake up in the mornings feeling refreshed, having that time of feeling good, planning a sober day, meditating. It's awesome. Mornings are my favorite time now.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

What is the webcam? Link!!

Our zoo had a baby giraffe a couple years ago and we (they) have another due this summer. Giraffe calfs are the cutest of the cute!
Old 02-23-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

oh, I think I found it...

The calf that was born here at our zoo was in the middle of the night...they know...I stood by the paddock for days, hoping to see something.

15-16 month gestation. yikers.

This is good, the eaglet is asleep, so I can have this up. Of course, I almost am asleep too. She better have it in the next five minutes or I'm out.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I agree that sober mornings are the best...just one of the many benefits of sobriety. Mornings are my favorite time now, no more suffering and agony in the morning. It's great to feel good !
Old 02-23-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm in. Friday in t-minus 58 minutes.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone.

Early start for me, 4.12am here
Old 02-23-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Definitely in. 4 months sober and looking forward to a sober weekend!!! So grateful. Good luck for the weekend all!!!!