Notices

Weekender Thread 22-25 September 2016

Old 09-23-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Nice time to sit and collect my thoughts
collecting my thoughts is like a four year old on an easter egg hunt...

Have a good day all.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
collecting my thoughts is like a four year old on an easter egg hunt...
Old 09-23-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm in and excited for another sober weekend. They are way better than the drunk/hungover/what did I do/regretful/guilty ones x 10000000 or more. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'd also like Ken's energy. And his cooking ability. And his beautiful geographic location. And his endless kindness.

I have today off. My all-time favorite restaurant is closing so I'll head to lunch there. It's a wonderful place, the flavors of North Africa's Mahgreb meets Provence. And, despite how that might sound, very affordable. The owner has run the place for 28 years with basically no days off. Does all the cooking, having come to America from Algeria via France. So this is a nice transition for him, but his delightful fare will be missed sorely.

Off to an appointment shortly. Take care, everyone.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

HAHAHA!!! Thanks!

I did go this morning and the sunrise was spectacular!!! Then it clouded up rather quickly.

And I am not kind. I am a mean old coot that complains a lot.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I lived in the neighborhood of that place when it opened, Ven. I loved it. Too bad to see it go, but 28 years is a great run for a restaurant.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

40% less wet, right?
Old 09-23-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning weekenders!

I'm still in bed drinking coffee...having a three day weekend every week is tough I know lol!

((((MB))) xo
Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I wish I had a 3-day weekend. I have so much stuff to do at home! Was supposed to go help guy friend mow at his cabin tomorrow but I told him I need to stay home and get caught up. And mow my own lawn!
Old 09-23-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Goodmorning all. Welcome to the newcomers all!

CnG--good to see you here. You were on my June Newcomer class for a while. Stick with us here and we'll get you through the weekend with flying colors.

I'm in the office but leaving to "work from home" in a few minutes. Unfortunately, I might actually have to work.

Peace all.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Oh the weekend, such a trying time for a young man such as me. When all your friends are raving about how they're going to get super drunk and have a good time. Making plans to hit up all the bars and nightclubs for some good 'fun'. And then there's me the one who's afraid what might come at the end of a drunken binge drinking session over the weekend. Who I may have offended, how much did I spend, how did I get home, etc.

I miss the fun times, but I dont miss the inbetweens of blacking out and not remembering much. I dont miss the negative bank account balance after buying too many drinks over the weekends and leaving outrageous tips because I was feeling super generous.

I do miss hanging out but the pressure would be too great for me to be with my friends to drink. They question me all the time, and always say "well just have one drink". I cant withstand that type of pressure so I've just found I have to remove myself from that scene.

I've found better use of my weekends though thankfully.

Cheers to the weekend!
Old 09-23-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mero, the answer is; I can't. I can't have just one drink. It's OK for that to be the answer.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Mero, the answer is; I can't. I can't have just one drink. It's OK for that to be the answer.
You are right, but even still after one night of being sober with my friends out on the town it opened my eyes to how stupid we really are when we are really intoxicated. I couldnt believe that we all behaved like that as a collective when we are drunk. You see things differently when you are sober. I couldnt really relate and it wasnt fun because I was now a babysitter for a group of drunk people, lol. I'd rather stay home and read or watch a movie than be sober and out with a crowd of intoxicated people.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

I just realized I used the word "all" numerous times in my prior post. Sorry y'all!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

My sweet, glorious, I have nothing planned and nothing is expected of me-weekend has finally arrived! I haven't had a down time/non-traveling weekend since July, so I'm psyched! I love my grandbabies and vacations but there is something about to be said about down time!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to the Weekenders thread :-
Pinky
CuteNGayYay
Bertyboy
Rob
Merotti

Good to see some new faces

MidnightBlue maybe communicating with your boss would be a good thing? He may have some useful suggestions or even help

HappyandFree I somehow doubt you have got to lose a few Stones. 1 Stone = 14lbs

I am still at work but the finishing line is in sight. It has been an extremely vexatious week for me this week what with early morning alarm calls and clients changing their minds every 5 minutes but I intend to spend my free hours sober
Old 09-23-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by U75 View Post
I just realized I used the word "all" numerous times in my prior post. Sorry y'all!
It's 'All' right, U!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Merotti View Post
Oh the weekend, such a trying time for a young man such as me. When all your friends are raving about how they're going to get super drunk and have a good time. Making plans to hit up all the bars and nightclubs for some good 'fun'. And then there's me the one who's afraid what might come at the end of a drunken binge drinking session over the weekend. Who I may have offended, how much did I spend, how did I get home, etc.

I miss the fun times, but I dont miss the inbetweens of blacking out and not remembering much. I dont miss the negative bank account balance after buying too many drinks over the weekends and leaving outrageous tips because I was feeling super generous.

I do miss hanging out but the pressure would be too great for me to be with my friends to drink. They question me all the time, and always say "well just have one drink". I cant withstand that type of pressure so I've just found I have to remove myself from that scene.

I've found better use of my weekends though thankfully.

Cheers to the weekend!
I could've written this exact post.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

"Hey you kids!!!! Get off my lawn!!!!"

See... Not kind.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
"Hey you kids!!!! Get off my lawn!!!!"