Notices

It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 1

Old 07-21-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Husband forced me out into the heat this morning. He found a glass top desk for his office, for the iPad. It's cool, I'll admit. Has a world map on the glass top. Unusual, anyway. Needed my SUV to haul it home. Lucy had puked three times and was drooling when I arrived to pick it up. I took her home with me. She's fine now.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hope all is well, Jen.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thanks, Lunar. We're fine now. At home in the AC. He's still out shopping, lol. Food shopping at the moment. He has some days off work this week and next. Taking it easy. Thinking about a trip to the beach for my birthday, but no concrete plans yet.

Making my way through some boring Scrivener tutorials. Ugh. Fighting to stay awake.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

That's good, Jen.
Nothing like a hot shower, AC cranked to zero, Jerry Garcia silk boxers, powder.
Oops. I didn't say that.
Birthday?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
MSN - have you looked into rational recovery and the Big Plan? Perhaps the concept of it, and the practice itself, will inspire you and give you the upper hand on conquering the demon. It's a no nonsense approach to getting sober.
I can assure you, if you really are ready to put the past behind you, this approach and practice will empower you to succeed.
Yes. Today I am going to read over AVRT and also read up on Dee's links for recovery plans. But first might need a nap since I've been up since 3:30 AM!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I am trying to throw away a mattress today. The old one is a famous brand with individual coils instead of a frame of connected springs, which results in my being unable to get the thing out the balcony door so I can throw it over the railing onto the deck. Right now, the mattress is irretrievably flopped in half and I can't stand it up.

So I'll take a moment's break and share about our new mattress. As I mentioned, our old mattress was supposed to be good but it just didn't last long (it's eight years old, and has quite a pair of sags in it). We love the memory foam pad we put on top of the mattress, and looked into buying a famous brand of foam mattress. But they cost $10,000! So my wife went shopping on line, and found a foam mattress that ships by Fed Ex in an easy-to-carry box. It only cost $750 for king size, and had a satisfaction guarantee. Well, we have had it for a month and I love it!

Today, the old mattress goes to the solid waste transfer station--as soon as I can get it out the ****door!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mns1 View Post
Yes. Today I am going to read over AVRT and also read up on Dee's links for recovery plans. But first might need a nap since I've been up since 3:30 AM!
Amen.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

We got rid of an older mattress recently, Coldfusion, and upgraded to a memory foam one. Wow, does it ever make a huge difference! We absolutely love the thing, and so do the dogs! You can find them now for much cheaper than the original (overpriced) ones by a certain brand.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Seven years ago, bought a T$$$$$p$$ic (king sized)
Worth every penny, but........
A memory foam topper (4") on another bed
sometimes feels better and (cheaper).
Yeah, sheet depth, etc, soon you'll find out
what works.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

**** mattress is on the roof of the truck. It will cost 13¢ a pound to dump it. I also have a big CRT TV to dispose, but it is free thanks to a program to keep toxic waste out of the trash stream.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

After buying Egyptian cotton sheets for many years, I decided to try some linen ones. 100% linen. I will not go back to cotton! Those linen sheets are the best down here in the south. They seem to 'breathe' more than cotton, much more insulating.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
After buying Egyptian cotton sheets for many years, I decided to try some linen ones. 100% linen. I will not go back to cotton! Those linen sheets are the best down here in the south. They seem to 'breathe' more than cotton, much more insulating.
I just googled linen sheets. Unless I win the lottery, no linen for me!
Did you find a source that doesn't completely break the bank, J?
Old 07-21-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Wish your friend well, Jen.
Catching up here at work.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I bought them on sale, Marty. They were still pricey but the thing about linen is that it's twice as strong as cotton, supposedly. They will last longer hopefully.

Omg, they are worth it, I promise you! I love them.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I did find a set for about $135 at the online sale retailer that starts with an O.
Still not sure.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm in!

Ken, your intro was absolutely stupendous and spoke right to my heart. Thank you very, very much.

LadyBlue, congratulations to your daughter! That is wonderful and so inspiring!

I just had a taco pizza and ribs delivered. I'm not doing diddly squizzly today. Tmro I start the new job and I'm going to be laying down as much as possible today bc I know it's the last time in a long time.

Burp.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Mine are Belgian flax from the store that starts with W and then E (two words). Lol. I know we aren't supposed commercial links. I checked just now and they are still on sale. Also, search for promo codes.

$135 is a good price.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Just booked train tickets to Chicago the first weekend of August to go visit my dad. Lord, give me strength!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I'm going to call him, Lunar. I think he's at work right now. Waiting until 6 p.m.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I am a late one to the sober weekend bus today. Ken thank you for your post that voice has been screaming at me for 2 days and your post will give me a way to shut it up. You are right I am here I am sober and there is nothing that stupid vile voice can do about it.