Notices

It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 1

Old 07-21-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

almost forgot,

glad you are safely back home BigS, and that you had a good trip...

now lets see some volcano pics please
Old 07-21-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Home from the bloodletting ordeal. I decided to stop at the supper club to treat myself to a nice meal after donating. Was feeling fine until I parked my car at the restaurant. Then it hit me hard - started to feel like I I was Gonna lose it - almost puked, almost passed out - started sweating profusely. Put my seat back so I could lie down, and texted guy friend because I knew he was in there. He came out and brought me water - took one look at me and got me into his truck, turned it on, and blasted the AC. It's a tad warm and humid here today - I was soaked in sweat. After about 10 minutes I was able to go inside and continue drinking water and recovering. Stayed there a while and made it the rest of the way home. This is the worst I've felt after donating. Thought I did everything right. Not sure I'll ever do it again.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I know we're a poor substitute for wayward cheerleaders, Mesa. But the doggone nicest group of recovering types at your compound still sounds good. Those photos are just too wonderful!

Bodhi, I watch my fair share of crap TV, trust me.

Marty, I can only imagine that donating blood on a day like today left you really woozy. I've been a total slug today.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Although I still enjoy FB, I've also been on it less these days, Big S. It's too easy for me to compare myself to others. Or just get tired of the same old, same old.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

True dat, Ven!

'...But the doggone nicest group of recovering types at your compound still sounds good.'

I dunno why, but I really don't have bummer experiences on FB. However, running a distant 2nd to this Crowd [said in all seriousness], I hang in a 'Secret' Group not visible to anyone else. This Int'l Bunch solves all the World's problems, and swap sarcasms. I don't really see the One Upmanship, or that sort of malarkey. I guess I'd bail if I did.

For me, it's just my old Hobby of Ham Radio [from age 12 with a Morse Code Key] 'talking' to Folks around the Globe, but with a Keyboard. The Political FB fighting has got me down at times, but I then sling out some real stingers to let Folks know I don't appreciate such 'Know It All' Political Posturing. Come November 9th, I assume most all that will pass.

My primary feelings of inadequacy come from watching LBrain whip on his Yard! Lawdy! Makes me feel Slug-like, and I built this House even! Killer, gorgeous Yard Project!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. ..marty, I hope you are feeling better!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Well, babysitting duties commenced early and I was promptly vomited on twice. The projectile kind, too. In my hair. Yippee! I felt so bad for the little guy.

Gorgeous picture as usual Mesa!

Marty, I hope you feel better. That's a bummer, especially since you're trying to do a good deed! xo

I had a crush on John Denver when I was little. My mom had his albums and I'd study the jackets while listening to his music. He always seemed like a gentle soul.

No Facebook for me either. I'm trying to eliminate stress from my life and that was a biggie!

Need to go find something sweet!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm doing much better after having dinner and a big bowl of ice cream. I'm in bed reading and I'm sure I'll be out like a light. Goodnight, folks.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Night Marty, glad you are feeling better
Old 07-21-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better, Marty.

Aldi Pumpkin Seed tortilla chips, organic. They are tasty!! I found a new fave.

Mesa, I've been looking at camper stuff since you posted earlier, lol. The entire time. I'm obsessed. I got a Good Sam 2-year membership, and am nearly ready to book our week-long stay on the beach at the RV park, but I don't have my membership number yet. I will wait and make a phone call. I'll get a 10% discount with that membership. Plus, fuel discounts at Flying J.

I have already found the camper toilet I want, yay!! These toilets are cute, and they flush! I can't believe I'm excited over a toilet.

And this off grid propane cooktop oven...

Now I'm looking at outdoor shower kit boxes to put on the side of the camper.

Ok, sorry for the camping pics and talk. I'm done, I promise.

And no Facebook for me. I deactivated five years ago. Twitter is great, though.

Mesa, one more question... there should be a way to get some sort of adapter and split the water line two ways, right? Like one side to the sink and the other to the outdoor shower?
Old 07-21-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I personally don't mind the camping talk Jen, I find it interesting and informative.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I'm learning as I go, SU. We are total newbies to RVing. I've camped a few times in my life, but I dated an Eagle Scout who had great camping skills, and so I never had to worry about anything. My husband is not that Eagle Scout, lol!! Now I have to worry.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Marty, hope you're OK. That's very scary. I've had that happen when it was this hot. Take it easy and rest.

My son kept falling asleep all over the place. My mom found him asleep on her floor after camp. He fell asleep in the car on the way to his therapy appointment. He fell asleep in his therapy appointment and again on the trip home. Poor kid. He's not going to camp tomorrow. I'm giving him s break and he'll hang out at my parent's house with my niece and nephew.

A lot of lightning. It's so hot and humid you could chew the air. 90 with 90% humidity. I'm actually sitting inside. I'm hoping it rains and clears up the humidity.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hey ~

My meanderings on here typically include some new discoveries while RVing. That learning goes on forever. Hopefully. I cruise around and check out how Folks are doing what, and make some great transient Pals. As I do on line in a Forum or two, I pass along what Solar tricks I've learned.

All your Product Selections look great! I've got that identical Shower Module off the back of my Nash Trailer. My new use of it last Trip was to rinse out the Pressed Coffee Pot. This maximized the time I can use the 32 Gallon Grey Water Tank w/o it filling up, and having to dump it. Coffee Rinse Water didn't wind up in it.

That Shower Head Piping is what's typically throughout a Trailer. So, yeah, you'll be looking for 2 'Tee Adapters'. 1 for the Hot Water Line, and 1 for Cold. They're all very standard Parts. I can't link Catalogs, but there's some big ones on line that I just looked at. My plan is to fab up a half circle of Electrical Conduit. Snap it into place. Hang a half-round Shower Curtain from it, and stand on Astro Turf while Showering w/o traumatizing the Kiddies. Out of sight...

We've cut over to Paper Plates. Campfire Starters once used. On and on...

Neat Oven! Also, being able to detach and dump that Toilet bottom half is handy. Some RVers are big on these Body Wash 'Pads' from Wally World. Use them instead of showering 'too' much. Storage tricks are also fun to implement. Maximize that space! I'm turning Japanese [cue that Pop Song Hit...]

I'm huge on Rechargeable Batteries for all my Toys. Radio. Flashlight. I just bought some 100% DEET Bug Spray today. Industrial Strength. WHEEL CHOCKS. You don't want that Trailer rolling away on you when on un-level Sites.

It's Small House Living. Just on Wheels. And, handy tricks to live on when Storms knock out House Power for long periods, etc.....
Old 07-21-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Oh, I've already got an excellent solar weather radio with crank flashlight, and all that.

I do need to get a nice battery charger. I was looking at this La Crosse one...

Paper plates, great idea. Yes, I'll definitely do this. And will look into the body wash pads. Didn't think of that at all! Interesting.

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
My plan is to fab up a half circle of Electrical Conduit. Snap it into place. Hang a half-round Shower Curtain from it, and stand on Astro Turf while Showering w/o traumatizing the Kiddies. Out of sight...
...great ideas I'm taking notes... haha.

Teak wood bath 'mat' instead of the astro turf might feel better to the feet, and would raise you up off the ground slightly. Seems cleaner.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

With Good Sam discount, we can get a beachfront site for $37 per day full hookups... right on the Gulf Coast! I'm really happy about this. And the dogs are allowed, on leashes.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

RVers always wear Shower Sandals. Keeps off Cooties in Public Shower Stalls, as at KOAs. Protects Feet. Astro Turf rolls up for storage.

HOWEVER, a nice hard Rubber Mat can double to wipe Feet on inside or outside the Trailer once it dries out.

Now that we killed the Thread, PM me anytime!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
.Now that we killed the Thread,
Hey!

I thought that was my job.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sweet dreams all
xo