Notices

Weekender , welcome to your weekend 1,2&3rd july 2016 Part 2

Old 07-05-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

While on my walk last night, I spied a cute little house for sale. I need to unload my big house and downsize. Now I'm fantasizing about moving into this much smaller house. It would be pretty much perfect. BUT - there's no way I can get my house ready and get that one before it sells. It will go fast. Oh, well. It does motivate me to get moving on the things that need to be done to get my house ready, though. I have a list, need to get moving on it. I'm going to talk to a realtor pretty soon to get an idea what is necessary to do, and what not to bother with. And the value. I have a decent idea what to list it at, judging by what similar houses in my neighborhood are going for. If I can get what I think for it, I'll make about $35k on it. Not too bad.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Sounds exciting Marty! Best of luck with the downsizing!

A thing I was dreading having to deal with this afternoon has suddenly vanished! Woo hoo!!

B
Old 07-05-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

MLD ,
sometimes it's just better to sell it as seen .. depends on the situation ..

I spent 2 years doing my house up in the UK … i'd have been better to have flogged it a few thousand cheaper with work to do when looking at the interest charges on the mortgage and my inexperience of cost and project management .

m
Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
MLD ,

I spent 2 years doing my house up in the UK … i'd have been better to have flogged it a few thousand cheaper with work to do when looking at the interest charges on the mortgage and my inexperience of cost and project management .

m
agreed... maybe a couple gallons of paint tho or a good professional cleaning

I lost a post, hit 'send' and in the meantime she logged on and I lost my connection agh!
Old 07-05-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Moaning ... I mean morning everyone. woke up aching ... again.

I know things wouldn't be a bed of roses but, I know my mood would be so much better if I wasn't achy all the time. Oh well. Wish in one hand and ....
Old 07-05-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
MLD ,

m
Yeah, that's why I want to have a realtor look at it before I do too much.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

With Decluttering in the Thread this A.M., the Meme below seemed appropriate.

We sat up here in lovely cool Temps last Night and watched about 8 different Towns set off Fireworks Displays. Yah, it ain't the same when watched through Binocs. Our local Town Display was impressive. Me, I was intermittently entertained by our ancient Bug Zapper taking out Insects. The Night Sky and Milky Way were chez kewl.

Yesterday was a Workout of washing both the RV Trailer and my mudded-out Truck. Washed off the Concrete Porch. Put some stuff away. Plenty more where that came from. The pressing issue of today is to Overnight the VISA Bill so it's not late. About all the pressure I can handle these Days.

As a reminder of just what's at stake here, this Louisiana Officer was killed on his last Shift before his pending Retirement. By a Drunk Driver. At ~5 A.M.

- Drunk Driver Swerves Into Police Officer -

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Decluttering_600.jpg (93.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 07-05-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Can you make a payment online Mesa?
Old 07-05-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

welp, call me crazy...
but if baby wants a fountain, baby gets a fountain, went cheap - middle of the road...
the premise of this whole project was that it had to cost less than half a house payment... trying to keep it under a house payment now... and that includes plants...
just ordered this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Y6909.fpx.jpg (14.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Yah SUID ~

The on line Option is 'out there'. I haven't pursued it though.

I rarely box myself into this situation. Mebbe 1x/Year. Mebbe less. I didn't want to carry the ready-to-mail VISA Bill with me on my recent Outing.

Da Wife's Teacher Retirement Pension Transfer posts on the last Day of the Month. I usually time it so that our Checks hit the Illinois Office just after that. First World Problems made easier in Sobriety, eh, since I don't just up and space out Bills. I think we racked up ~$125- in Late Charges and Interest one Month; even I though I got right on that Late Payment soon thereafter. Lesson learned. Sober up.

Well, Shucks, LBrain... I had faith in you that you'd spring for of one of those lil Satyr Characters whizzing into a Fountain Pool!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks Ruby and everyone...

NO SHINGLES!!! The doc was not sure so we never started the meds. Turns out to have been some sort of nerve thingy on my back. I feel good. So perhaps now is the time for that vaccine. I will ask him when I see him next. I am so relieved!!!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Well, Shucks, LBrain... I had faith in you that you'd spring for of one of those lil Satyr Characters whizzing into a Fountain Pool!
oh, that's not out of the question -- but not this year...
when I built the original tiered structure, I designed a waterfall cascading down the middle of it to a stream/pond... that's why the 'steps' going up the middle are like 30" high... I can either make shorter steps or I can put in the waterfall...

I just wrote myself a note in big letters
DON'T FORGET DRAIN HOLE!

I'm going to box a border where this fountain is going, but it needs to be able to get rid of water for two reasons, 1/ standing water gets nasty 2/ if it freezes it will mess things up...
it will basically be a basin this thing will sit in...
project management 101 - think of everything that can go wrong, then think again...
design on the fly...
Old 07-05-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Glad it wasn't shingles Ken. Getting the vaccine might be a good idea, I'm going to talk to my doc about it next time I see her.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

yeah weasel, the shingle life ain't all it's cracked up to be

quiet Bim
Old 07-05-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Old 07-05-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I got nothin.

Uh. Let's see, I'm really impressed that the new fireworks regulations seem to have squelched the out-of-control fireworks that have been happening in the last five years. I think the biggest thing is that the fireworks stands which used to be in every parking lot for three weeks prior to July 4 have now been forced into only opening for two days before the 4th. Excellent. Also, only legal now to blow them up for six hours on the actual 4th. Yay.

I'm back on the 1500 cals a day after going nuts last week. Once I start buying things like flour tortillas or Triscuits or ice cream, it blows my whole meal planning. I am every bit the addict when it comes to food/some carbs.

So.

How's everyone?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol on the decluttering meme!!

Love the fountain! Very classy!

Works been steady but not stressful yay! I like the routine workdays bring...long weekends are great but it's nice to get back to the usual schedule!
Old 07-05-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
...holds the key

SU...hope you get some relief from your pain soon!
Xo
Old 07-05-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
...holds the key

It started storming here last night around 10:30 so no illegal fireworks going off at ungodly hours! Yay!
Old 07-05-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Maybe if insurance stops jerking me around brynn.

It was raining here last night and they were still setting off fireworks around here.