Notices

Weekender , welcome to your weekend 1,2&3rd july 2016 Part 2

Old 07-04-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

The pic I posted has morphed.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

frustration here... I spent the last couple hours looking at fountains, determining size etc. Had several web pages open and the wife logs on and I lose my internet... drives me nuts... guess I should fix it someday soon... whatever it is...

having the ability to picture things is important when trying to decide how big a fountain to get... the internet is absolutely no help at all in designing this... I've stacked things and propped things up to get an idea, looked at plants and ornamental grasses to work in with it... it's not as simple as just sticking a fountain there and hoping for the best -- I'm too much of a perfectionist to wing it like that... and I need to know dimensions etc. before I start the build on the foundation... also decided to go with a fiberglass/resin jobber... since no helpers, lightweight is the weigh to go...
but at least I took a steak out of the freezer this morning, and some shrimp...
which got me to thinking, if only 1 million people a day ate shrimp in the us of a, that's around 4 billion shrimp a year consumed... I figure 20 million shrimp we be consumed today alone, if not more... and 4 billion is probably a way conservative guess...

I'm not getting the San Diego reference SW... something I missed?

and I absolutely abhor litter and people who do it... the worst is a-holes tossing cigarette butts out of cars... and lit ones too - I want to run them off the road! every time I go fishing I collect trash and fishing line... the knuckleheads in my little town are slobs... a couple months ago I saw a used diaper next to the stream by the picnic area... don't get me started on the group of people responsible for that...
looks like I have internet back

Old 07-04-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Home time

Being a party destination my neck of the woods suffers from a lot post drinking litter - bottles fast food etc.

On the plus side here are some terrific volunteers who keep the canal really clean these days, so much different from 25 years ago when it was clogged up with junk, supermarket trolleys and dead bodies etc

LB maybe you could install something like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160704_180525.jpg (31.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Bacon done. Beans in the crock. I'm taking a break from the endless cleaning
Old 07-04-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm sittin' here. Just ate. Drinking some water and looking around on SR/MFP.

ChirpChirpChirp. I know that sound. Osprey hunt-sounds. He's been hanging out in my Birch tree right outside my dining room lately. Dang, he flies right at my window after taking a fish out of the water (river). He was about six feet from me. ON HIS TAIL is a Bald Eagle. Crap! They scared me! I thought they were gonna hit the building. The eagle chases the Osprey trying to take his breakfast. Osprey is too fast and is dodging between the cottonwoods. WOW!!

The eagle just flew back here. Nothing in his talons. Osprey 1 / Eagle 0.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Old 07-04-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

taking lunch while cypherin... keep adjusting dimensions until I can use an entire 8' length with little to no waste... it ain't fun putting these in the jeep - limit of two and I already need 2 I think -
found a frozen marie callender frozen pot pie in the freezer... living it up today!

sounds cool Bim, watching the birds, and an eagle stealing from another bird? No wonder it's the symbol of the USA...
Old 07-04-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

The zoo-keeper tells me it's called "clepto-parasitism."

It's a thing.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
...holds the key

For the record, I'm doing my part to keep shrimp alive!

Speaking of shrimp, something else that drives me nuts....when the subject of being a veggie comes up and people ask do you eat fish? Um, no. I don't eat fish, or shellfish or any sort of flesh! Wonder why its assumed that vegetarians eat fish?

Hanging out with my family but seriously need some alone time. At least it's nice outside so more options for visiting. I've only heard a few small fireworks this morning. I didn't even get sparklers this year. Hope the fireworks sh tow doesn't get cancelled cause of weather!
Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Lots of good stuff going on in here!

I see Ken's cat didn't kill him

I read through everything and this is what my brain stored: chocolate, apple pie, ribs, beans......... I guess you know where my head is at these days.

Tomorrow is the day I stop sticking my face into a vat of Ben & Jerry's. This must happen. So, today is my last day to be bad. Hmmmm, where have I heard that one before?

Feeling pretty good today, one thing that definitely killed me because of my disgusting episode with the DUI was having to give up my volunteer work. I loved what I was doing but I had to make the right decision. I worked directly with local police and it probably wouldn't be too kosher for me to show up on a call and have my point of contact be the officer that arrested me. So, that portion of my life is over.

But........................ I just went and became a member of our local Recovery Center and filled out a volunteer application. Maybe this is what I should have been doing all along and it might have prevented the relapse after a great, sober 17 months. Can't dote over that, onward and upward!

Now press some of those ribs, apple pie, chocolate, and beans through the keyboard to me will ya?

Have a great 4th everyone, so grateful for all of you.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy independence day to all of my American friends!!!
Old 07-04-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Successful shopping trip. Quick and cheap. Everything on sale, almost no lines anywhere. Only one rude and worthless sales person who told me, "they don't make those sandals in half sizes." I was certain they do, because I had just been at a competing store where I was told they were temporarily out of that size, and I said as much. He still seemed to want to argue. He wouldn't even go check, he was so sure. I wasn't going to argue with some pimply-faced kid on an otherwise wonderful day, so we left. So while my son was trying on shorts in the next store, I ordered them on amazon, $20 cheaper, in a 7.5. I was so tempted to go back to the other store and shove my phone showing my order confirmation into his condescending face. But I didn't.

Home now and about to take a nap.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Afternoon, all!

I let myself run out of coffee and I could not get my head together. I went to get some ground beans and had an iced latte and I'm just now shaking the cobwebs. It's 2 pm and I swear I feel like it's 9 am mentally. That would be 6 am for you people with kids and jobs, ha! Coffee is a necessity, I can't slack on that again.

I was in bed last night and I started to get mentally crunchy, got through it and fell asleep but then had a terrifying nightmare of being attacked in bed... So maybe I have nightmare residue in my head and that's why I was foggy.

All I know is I'm going to stay sober one day at a time and trust that I will be amazed by the improvements and changes in my life. And that feelings aren't facts. That everyone has crunchy moments and that I've survived all crunchy moments up to this point.

I'm not doing anything today until I go to meetings later. I did scrub the toilet so that's a plus. I was waiting for the butler to do it. And waiting. And waiting.

LadyBlue, I was just thinking that maybe your DUI experience is an excellent reason to keep volunteering with them? That police officer encounters hundreds of bad situations and maybe your commitment to service and to doing the right thing would be a positive note? Not trying to sound all Pollyanna but who knows. Then again I don't know the details of your DUI so I understand not wanting to run into certain people when we really weren't at our best.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Old 07-04-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Stopped at the grocery store. People due in an hour. It's family. I'll survive.

Melina I'm glad you're doing OK.

With kids not starting camp until 9:30 I can sleep in s bit later in the morning because I don't have to do so much to get them ready. That's a bonus. Their camp starts tomorrow.

Time to make guacamole
Old 07-04-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Here's another fountain idea Brain. They sit outside my grocery store. mushrooms Although, they remind me of male anatomy.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
I see Ken's cat didn't kill him
Old 07-04-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

That's one tenacious little dragonfly, Lunar.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Laziest day on the planet here.....just slept 2 hours and still haven't gotten to the pool. Maybe I'll go later. I'm enjoying a day where I have nothing I have to do. Now I'm watching season 2 of the Americans. Fireworks go off occasionally and are driving my dogs nuts. It'll be worse tonight. I'm glad I'm home with my furry babies.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Busy day here! Started early to go explore an area of Maine I have never seen. Biddeford Pool and fortune rocks beach area. Wow.. That's a way to live.

Then had a crab roll as a tourist. They charged me like I was one anyway. Tasty!!!

Then walked in town a bit and people watched. Then finally to the lighhouse to relax and watch the big kites flying. They always have a sea breeze there so people fly the really big kites.

Bet LadyBlue can see them from her house!!!

And no... The cat spared me... But I think that's his master plan. Just eff with me everyday.

Now the central air is on and the house is cool. Getting ready for burgers on the grill, corn on the cob and tater salad. And episodes of D.A.

Thanks for a nice 4th. I had some moments but over all I pushed through and did some new things. Very proud of myself.

I have had enough time off now. No more this month. Just enjoy the weekends and head for my routines.

Let me catch up with you all.

Sorry the fountain shopping was a bust LB.

K