Notices

Weekender , welcome to your weekend 1,2&3rd july 2016 Part 2

Old 07-06-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Melina, I'm glad to read that you're taking some productive steps. I'm proud of you, sweetie.

Username, I went to college in EC and lived there, some years later, for a while. In the bad old days, I was mostly a wino, but a bit of a beero, too. So you can imagine what Chippewa reminds me of. Sigh ... It's good relegate that to my past. I hang out here to keep it that way. Plus, as you've already noticed, the people here are doggone great.

Sweaty LB and sweaty SU remind me that it's time to get back to the gym. It's been too long.

Hope this post finds all are doing well. Behan and Sao, I'm always glad to get a Boris update as long as it's *that* Boris.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

All Is Well...

MesaDog will be fine. The first of the 5 Days of Pills is kicking in. They make MesaDog a lil sleepy, and just knowing he's on the mend is good. He's snoozing on his 2nd Dog Bed in the full Breeze of the Swamp Cooler. An unhurried Exam; Ear check; and Pills totaled $65-. ~1 Week of my former Vodka Supply. One advantage of Small Town 'Murica. Services are relatively cheap.

You've had worse ideas than keeping 'extra' Pills around, LBrain, but this all might be an Middle Age Dog G.I. 'Event'. Mebbe a different Food soon for his sensitive Innards. Fairly common, in the astute opinion of the Vet. So, via the Scientific Method, we'll try some simple changes next. One change at a time, so we know what works/what doesn't.

'Tis a fine early Evening out here. Breezy. Dramatic Shadows on the Topography. The Wireless Roku hookup I'm still mucking around with is bringing in good TV, so MesaMate is watching an old Clint Eastwood Western. Dish Network is now throwing all sorts of Discounts and Incentives at us to woo us back, but that $100-/Month waste is history. Verizon is about to uptick the charge of Data Usage by $10-, but plan to finally roll over unused Data Minutes to subsequent Months. That'll be huge, and make connectivity while RV Trailering a real breeze.

Grilled Poke Chops later. No Tofu tonight. No Shrimp Heads [although I really like them]. Called Ama Ebi. Ebi is Shrimp. Ama is with the Head on [optional]. Deep fried in Sushi Bars. Quite like crunchy Crawdad Heads.

MesaMate got her new Driver's License after some waiting. She's on this Samuel L. Jackson kick the last Month, and borrowing his Film Vocab. Everything frustrating is 'MoFo this', and 'MoFo that'. Pretty funny, actually, but she's not Drinking. So, what do I care, eh?

Simple things keep us amused out here...
Old 07-06-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Stupid (Sober) Human Trick (continued):

Just burned my thumb retrieving an English muffin from the toaster. Then did it to the other thumb.

Cripes.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Food for thought:
If you lift the handle up it lifts the muffins Ven.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Ouch, Venecia. I hate when that happens.

Happy birthday early username! Sober birthdays are great.

Marty it sounds like you're fattening up nugget. All that sounds good.

Brain, i agree with Mrs. Brain about taking fish to work. I used to have an office by the microwave and always had a few choice words pop into my head whenever anyone reheated fish for lunch. And they weren't nice words either.

I went to yoga after a too long drive home. Resting up before bed. Kids tired out. Phone almost dead. Maybe we all need to rest up
Old 07-06-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I always feel like I'm stuttering when I say Samuel L, or Samu-EL L....not that I say it that much, but you get the drift.

Finally managed to finish a book I started weeks ago. Been trying to finish it for awhile but every time I get settled in, I start getting calls and texts like crazy! (Like THEY don't WANT me to finish the book Lol!) anyway...I powered through tonight and glad I did!

Sweet dreams all...see everyone on the new bus tomorrow xo
Old 07-06-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Marty, congratulations for getting your finances in order. It feels so good to get out of debt. Another perk of sobriety.
Ok...good night. ..see you all tomorrow on the new thread.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Night all ... catch you on the new bus tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

New thread tmro!

Like Ken sentimenteded earlier, I'm ready for a new thread, too. There was nothing wrong with the Fourth of July holiday... but it was a little mentally crunchy for me.

I'm ready to go back to just the rat pestilence in the alley under my window as opposed to the rat plague AND having cackling drunkos explode the eff out of ish. It was grating to me at 3 in the morning for some reason, haha!

I follow an Instagram page of this lady that does autopsies. There was a harrowing photo of an arm sans hand, freshly blown off by a firecracker. I can't wash that image from my brain. I don't think the person was dead, I think sometimes she posts live people too, that have had weird stuff in their body. It's mrs_angemi if you're on the Instagram. Proceed only if you have a healthy curiosity of the complexities, diseases and traumas of the human body. You'll hurl otherwise.

I actually feel bad for telling you guys about it. She's respectful, and it's very sciencey, but it's not for the faint of tummy.

Xoxo
Old 07-06-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Sorry to read about those wino's Melina, I hope it is a temporary thing and they find some here else to go. The last five years have seen a huge increase in street sleepers in London, not good.

It is a bit early in the morning for a peek at mrs Angemi

I will have to Google "stinkpot"

Venecia I hope your fingers are safely on the mend

See you miscreants on the new thread
Old 07-06-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I forgot to thank melina for the rat photos via text haha

Sao- I totally thought of you today!!!!
I was driving and listening to the radio- sympathy for the devil came on the radio and I had a huge grin on my face!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning
Old 07-06-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Morning all from the UK xx
Old 07-07-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Do your best

Felt bad for this guy

Man falls from horse, is kicked in the face - then the ambulance runs over his leg | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

New Thread

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Morning!!!

Ready for a new thread tomorrow. I need a refresh. Nothing bad just ready to turn the page on the holiday. Never was a fan of July 4th. I will say it is nice and quiet at work. Easy to get things done. Earphones and music and work. That's all folks!

K
I'm looking forward to a new thread too. Still new to SR but enjoying it. Day 20 for me. It is getting easier by the day! I would never have dreamed.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Day 20...
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”

-Michael Jordon
Old 07-07-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on day 20 Gatorman