Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-10-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

30 degrees in February a great Netflix series. About Swedish expatriots in Thailand. It's beautiful scenery. I'm watching now with bowl of fried rice.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Day 12. Still tired but feeling good. Been drinking a lot of water, tea and a little soda. Have to drink something to keep my hands busy in a sense. Also had me a smoothie tonight before dinner. Will start to add exercise in after 21 days sober. One thing at a time. Hope every one else is doing good and sober
Old 05-10-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes again Country Gal

D
Old 05-10-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Ardy, so sorry for your situation! I hope it gets better fast. Please send us a note and let us know how you are. Sounds horrid!
Goodnight everyone! Or, perhaps good day to you, as JL pointed out.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I want to join class of May 2016. May 4 was day 1 off prescription amphetamines. I made it to day 7 and was just barely beginning to feel a little better. Then I had to go to a psychiatrist appt today avg asked for "just 1 or 2 Vyvanse for emergencies." He wrote it for 30! Only 20mg, the lowest dose but still! So I told the pharmacy clerk I didn't want the whole script, just ten of them, thinking I'd have a little break from the misery of withdrawal. The pharmacist ignored what I asked and gave me ALL of them. Now I have to flush almost $300 worth of meds down the toilet tomorrow.

Anyway, I could use some help. I've been trying to get off stimulants since nine months after I started them in 2010. It's been a week, two weeks, two months, even three months once, but I've always gone back, usually due to a doctor visit or becausE my husband got some. He is finally on board with helping me quit, now though.

My health is ruined from them. I have to stop Now! And I can't disappoint my husband. I don't want him to know about this slip-it will make him want some for himself. So I have to hide that I've taken them.

Please, any advice on how to handle it when drugs are going to be unavoidably available? I can stay away from people who use but I'm too sick to stay away from Dr.'s offices entirely. And they always suggest amphetamines when I am honest about my symptoms - hypersomnia, extreme fatigue, nausea and migraines. Even after I tell them I became dependent on them previously and would double and triple my doses.

Are they all crazy?

Thank you all

Dagny
Old 05-10-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Idk much about pills, but I guess it's the same as booze. Dump what you've got and don't let more into the house. Crazy doc prescribes you something dangerous, rip it up. Welcome to May!
Old 05-11-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I'm pulling an overnight at the hospital, munching on Brussel sprouts and reflecting on my day.

Same as the past 12 days, I ran, logged my food, hung with my kids, stayed sober. Was really happy... until SO turned me down for a cuddle on the couch. (Only b/c he was hot)

Naturally, I got pissed and walked in the bedroom to lie down. AV took full advantage of my change in mood. It called me all sorts of nasty things and started to convince me to drink when he goes out of town tomorrow.

He came in, explained why he said no and that he didn't intend to hurt my feelings. We have a very loving and intimate relationship. I know he wouldn't turn me away ever, think I was just looking for an excuse to hurt an excuse to drink. Or I'm overly sensitive, idk.

Anyway, things are good now. Moral of the story...Keep on guard, winds can change quickly.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dagny

just return them to the pharmacy. You don't need them
Why not start posting here regularly again?

D
Old 05-11-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee, Dagny. Take them back to the hospital or pharmacy, just get rid of them. You don't need them.

By the way, can I ask how you chose your nick?
Old 05-11-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Had a busy day at work and about to hit a committe meeting. Yay ... It's not fun, but it keeps me outta trouble.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 05-11-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Morning gang. Well it's day 11 and I've got sick. I'm at work anyway didn't want to spend the day at home sitting around fighting the boredom. The good news is my house has almost become completely alcohol free my Mrs has not been drinking much since I quit except for the weekend. Which was tough. I haven't asked her she has just done it. She says she can't do the wweekends though. My fridge is full off food instead of alcohol which is a massive change we normally have some stuff for the kids and then the rest was just booze. Feeling very positive about things. My brother isn't happy that I'm missing his wedding but I know how that will go down. Good luck for today everyone. Hope it gets better for you guys who are having a hard time.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Day 2 of 4 long ones at work. Today I'll focus on going to play with my kids and hug my wife when I get off. I'm giving active focusing a try, instead of just going into the day getting hit with whatever comes at me.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I feel better today and am off to work shortly. I'm not all better but enough. Today is one full week, actually 8 days. I'm meeting my sponsor tonight before the meeting so we can go over first step stuff.
Welcome Dagny! If a doctor told me to have a drink every night I would tell him to go to h***! I'd tell him he was crazy and I might even report him to authorities of some sort. I hope you flush those babies down the commode. Have a ceremony in there. "Goodbye, dearly departed friend...." sort of thing. Then cut your losses and join us in sobriety. It's an adventure you don't want to miss!
Happy sober day everyone!
Old 05-11-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I don't know much about pills as in taking them but I've almost never seen anything positive, just where they lead. I'd get rid of them too.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I would like to join this class. This will be my 3rd class since last November & I'm praying it's the last.

Today is day 1 and hopefully my last day 1 ever. The vicious cycle of addiction is pure hell.

Kiki
Old 05-11-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hi KiKi,

I remember you from November and maybe March. You were so positive and encouraging. You can do this! Many of us are repeat customers.. As long as you're trying its a step in the right direction!!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Dagny,

I don't mean to be harsh or unkind, but the only person who can stop the pills is you! Sadly doctors and pharmacists are so busy with theirs careers and lives, they probably don't think about the damage it's causing you. Toss the pills, ask your doctor, or maybe a different one for a recovery plan? You can do this.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki...
Old 05-11-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Hi Kiki...
(((Hug))) :-)
Old 05-11-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Hi KiKi, I remember you from November and maybe March. You were so positive and encouraging. You can do this! Many of us are repeat customers.. As long as you're trying its a step in the right direction!!
I remember you too! How are you doing angel?