Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-12-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back Kiki

D
Old 05-12-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Wow just had the most overwhelming urge to have a cold beer I was driving down the road sun is shining and a truck with a massive picture of a pint of beer with bubbles and condensation on the side drove past and for a minute I thought. ."one won't hurt" i even imagined in my mind the smell of beer. then I snapped out of it and posted on here instead. But all I can think about is how lovely that picture looked (and smelt) ha ha. Well it's official big trucks with beer on the side are my trigger : )
Old 05-12-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Checking in. Morning of day 7.

Horrible sleep last night. Woke up angry and anxious and with a serious AV attack wanting to drown it all out.

Came to work. It's apparent things are going down. Really miffs me off after all I've accomplished here.

Feeling angry today guys. Sorry
Old 05-12-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Checking in. Morning of day 7.

Horrible sleep last night. Woke up angry and anxious and with a serious AV attack wanting to drown it all out.

Came to work. It's apparent things are going down. Really miffs me off after all I've accomplished here.

Feeling angry today guys. Sorry
I can sympathize with you there...lots of emotions running through me at the moment of which anger is certainly one. I just keep telling myself to take it one day at a time, control what I can control, take responsibility for the situation I have put myself in, and keep moving forward in my sobriety.

Any day in which I don't take a drink is a good day and eventually enough days piled up will get me to where I am meant to be.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
And then he said the words that I just remembered:" As long as you don't drink when the kids are awake." He has given me an opening. He shouldn't have. I have to be strong.
fables this reminds me of a book I'd started where the main character only drank after her son went to bed. One night she was trashed and her son had a health emergency. She tried to drive him to the ER and was pulled over for drunk driving. The police got her son to the hospital in time, but she lost all parental rights. The character was separated from her husband in this story, but it makes me wonder- if there were to be an emergency after the kids were to bed and you had been hitting the bottle, would you be able to forgive yourself? I'm not on any kind of soapbox here - I may be losing my job soon - but maybe if u keep that in mind what your husband said wont feel so much like an "out"?
Old 05-12-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Cg123 ,
I'm sorry the days going crappy. We get hit from all over sometimes. I don't know if that's AV, or just adjusting to living in general, minus alcohol. Tomorrow's trying to ruin my today, at the moment. That's all me not focusing in today.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for all the trials and tribulations everyone is having. I'm feeling your pain -- or a semblance of it but I'm ornery as hell today. This is such a minor problem I should feel bad about bringing it up but this site is not so user friendly. I'm not some old fart who doesn't know how to do things and I worked on computers at my job before I retired. There are a bunch of cut and paste options that don't work here and that add extra coding that doesn't need to be in there and that you have to delete. I just now tried to copy the Url for one of my pictures that I wanted to share and it wouldn't allow a select all to copy the whole thing. Also part of it was hidden. I couldn't copy it to save my life. Well I could literally see the url in a description, write it out by hand and then type it in if I wasn't so cranky. Just about every other site I use is optimized for use by mobile or iPad and tablet users. This one not so much. BTW Good morning. Sooooooooooooooooo cranky
Old 05-12-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Wow just had the most overwhelming urge to have a cold beer I was driving down the road sun is shining and a truck with a massive picture of a pint of beer with bubbles and condensation on the side drove past and for a minute I thought. ."one won't hurt" i even imagined in my mind the smell of beer. then I snapped out of it and posted on here instead. But all I can think about is how lovely that picture looked (and smelt) ha ha. Well it's official big trucks with beer on the side are my trigger : )
You obviously weren't concentrating your driving properly tut tut! You're better than that... get the diet Pepsi out and enjoy the sun with your family 😊
Old 05-12-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

fables this reminds me of a book I'd started where the main character only drank after her son went to bed. One night she was trashed and her son had a health emergency. She tried to drive him to the ER and was pulled over for drunk driving. The police got her son to the hospital in time, but she lost all parental rights. The character was separated from her husband in this story, but it makes me wonder- if there were to be an emergency after the kids were to bed and you had been hitting the bottle, would you be able to forgive yourself? I'm not on any kind of soapbox here - I may be losing my job soon - but maybe if u keep that in mind what your husband said wont feel so much like an "out"?
I never drink when I'm alone with the kids, so that doesn't really do it. I have no desire to drink now, and I know that I have to rely on myself to be able to stay sober. Just have to remind myself that I didn't choose to stop drinking for my husband's sake, but for my own.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I would have quit reading that story because of the stupid plot point. Why wouldn't the woman call an ambulance or a neighbor to help?
Old 05-12-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
I would have quit reading that story because of the stupid plot point. Why wouldn't the woman call an ambulance or a neighbor to help?
Or a taxi. If I were alone, that's what I'd do. But not a problem for me now.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in. I just finished lunch and I read all of your posts. I just want to say I totally relate to the anger and in my opinion definitely early sobriety. I know from past experience that it gets A LOT better the longer we stay sober.

Let's just all hang in there and stay sober today. Tomorrow we can rinse and repeat.

Hang in there!!!
Old 05-12-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

LOL - that's why I wrote that I had "started" reading it awhile ago. I made it through, like, a chapter tee-hee

I just thought maybe it might help...
Old 05-12-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

LOL - that's why I wrote that I had "started" reading it awhile ago. I made it through, like, a chapter tee-hee

I just thought maybe it might help...
Thanks anyway.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Enjoy this picture that's not showing up

:
Old 05-12-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Can't see the pic, LW.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Spent the last couple of hours ripping my kitchen floor up and putting it in the car to take to the tip. Very therapeutic and kept me in the straight and narrow. Off to ferry daughter to netball. I'm doing it guys!!!! Busy stuff is helping. Good job I've loads to do....much love to all of the May 16 gang 😊
Old 05-12-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Until It Sleeps

Day 7 check in.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyShadow View Post
Day 7 check in.
Day 7 is ace well done I hope you're coping well 😊
Old 05-12-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Day 4 here and also felt a bit crappy in the evening. Listless and flat effected. So to motivate myself I just focussed on all the positive stuff going on that I can't see or appreciate....yet.....but I know from previous sober stints and studies (not a doctor here so these are purely my speculations based on what I have experienced or read)...sometimes it helps to get analytical to keep perspective...

In 3 days you will gotten past the worst of the detox
Our brains are defogging themselves.....in as little as two weeks aspects of your brain can return to pre alcohol levels.
In 3 weeks your face and skin will appear less puffy and discoloured.
In 3 months , case dependant, most fatty livers will return to normal functioning.
In 6 months your neural pathways will start to dismantle and rebuild over your old habits and forming new ones.

Etc etc....

In the meantime this place is here to have a moan and whinge. If there's any upside to having taken this ride as often as I have I know there is a silver lining around the corner if you fight out the storm.