Keep Calm and Sober On! Weekender Jan 29 Pt. 2

Old 02-01-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Congratulations on 8 months, Melina.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Tetra, it was most likely that guy trying to make the person leaving "feel good"
and not really aimed at you. . . poor judgement, but that's how I read it.
Actually my dad said almost the exact same thing

Ugh I have been out of work for several months and my ability to read people has really gone downhill.
It's nice to be out of the house and mixing with others.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats Melina!!

Ugghhh. I started to tank in a late meeting and feel like crap. Body aches and such. Sitting on the couch. No ipad tonight. I need to turn off. Sorry I am not caught up but have a good evening.

Talk tomorrow. Hopefully this is something I can fend off.

K
Old 02-01-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Banter back at him Tetra. Or not. It sounds like it is his mode of communication. I wouldn't take it seriously at all.

Heading out for home soon. Yoga tonight. My mother will watch the kids so I have an hour free of "mommy, mommy, mommy." Get me some water. I'm hungry. Could you bring me that >>> whatever>>>that I so desperately need even though I see you are in the middle of doing something else at the moment? Where's my iPod? Why can't I have gum? Do I hafta take a shower? Eek!!!!
Old 02-01-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Late meeting at work today that starts in a few minutes. Only time it would work with everyone's schedules. I don't neeeeed to be in it, but if I'm brown nosing to get my boss's job I'd better.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

MLD...it takes what it takes! Lol!
Old 02-01-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Actually my dad said almost the exact same thing

Ugh I have been out of work for several months and my ability to read people has really gone downhill.
It's nice to be out of the house and mixing with others.
He'll be saying the same thing about you in no time tetra xoxo
Old 02-01-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Nice MLD haha
Old 02-01-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

ha, sometimes you gotta put on the brown lipstick to get ahead MLD...
maybe why I never got ahead...

missus went out this afternoon and came home with a sack of potatoes... I asked why... mashed potatoes for dinner of course....

I sauteed a few cloves of garlic in olive oil and butter, put that into the taters, fish and carrot coins... still had some parsley that came in handy and a half bag o lemons to use for the fish - not thw whole bag, just a slice or two...

Tetra, don't take everything so personal... it's just silly banter...

I remember when I interviewed for the lowes job, I told the guy he was going to have to release a couple supervisors when I started...
too bad I forgot to show up
Old 02-01-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Well, another pretty darned good workday has come to an end. I needed a little extra time here on SR today, and I will have to pay that back this week. No big deal, and well worth it.

I'm shutting down and going to make dinner now...steamed greens with bacon and some kind of baked winter squash if I can find one in the fridge or garage. Sweet potato if no squash to be had.

I know I am young in sobriety...but I feel a GLEE that has not been mine in years. Every day will not be like this, I know...but I am really going to enjoy every good minute I have.

My mind and journal are suddenly bursting with plans and ideas. A few weeks ago it was all "oh my god, I'm going to be fired, I have no life, there is nothing to look forward to, I only fail people, what good am I, how could I have let this happen, look at the time (money, energy, goodwill) I've wasted". No more!

Ok, so the next right thing for me is to leave my workplace and go make a healthy dinner and get on the treadmill. Go to bed sober. Count my lucky, lucky sober stars -- and go to peaceful sleep.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Well, another pretty darned good workday has come to an end. I needed a little extra time here on SR today, and I will have to pay that back this week. No big deal, and well worth it.

I'm shutting down and going to make dinner now...steamed greens with bacon and some kind of baked winter squash if I can find one in the fridge or garage. Sweet potato if no squash to be had.

I know I am young in sobriety...but I feel a GLEE that has not been mine in years. Every day will not be like this, I know...but I am really going to enjoy every good minute I have.

My mind and journal are suddenly bursting with plans and ideas. A few weeks ago it was all "oh my god, I'm going to be fired, I have no life, there is nothing to look forward to, I only fail people, what good am I, how could I have let this happen, look at the time (money, energy, goodwill) I've wasted". No more!

Ok, so the next right thing for me is to leave my workplace and go make a healthy dinner and get on the treadmill. Go to bed sober. Count my lucky, lucky sober stars -- and go to peaceful sleep.
This is exactly how I feel about life as well now.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

welp, stuffed here, wife offered me sweet treats from the freezer - I passed!

okay, back to the basement................
got me some bluegrass playing on the box downstairs

have a good nite y'all
Old 02-01-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Evening all.

I am about to go to bed at 7pm! I would say it was a busy day, but more realistically is the fact I did very little sleeping! I did drive over 200 miles today though, and driving for what feels like forever always wipes me out! So, I am going to curl up under my duvet and read my textbook - sure fire way of falling asleep!
Old 02-01-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congrats Melina!

Glad you are feeling better Bix.

Sorry folks, damn tired and can barely read or write and that other r....

Goodnight and good luck.

B
Old 02-01-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good stuff, LB...I'm listening to your music and mine while making dinner. Silly, silly, and I need no response...but tears running down my face. Only happy ones. Other than my inexplicable and inarticulate "breakdown" a few weeks ago here on SR, I think it has been hundreds of years since I felt a quiet, happy, altogether good release of emotion. Thank god am sober. Life is truly good. Thanks, friends. I'm really shutting down my iPad now. G'night!
Old 02-01-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Night bixy xoxo

I'm stuffed too, I made beef stirfry and shanghai noodles.
Now what?!?! Maybe another walk?

I'll study and paint tonight later
Old 02-01-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Night bix!

Well, I cried at work today yippee! And I'm not the crying type mind you but I'm at my breaking point with money worries and no real hope for a better job with this felony hanging over my head and having to see the ex in a few weeks and act like everything's just dandy and everyone pitying me (ugh) cause I'm single and always having to 'explain' how freakin happy I am as an independent woman...on top of that was made to feel like crap today by this condescending bitch....oh, your 30 something and doing THIS???? Like I'm a ******** drooling half wit because I dont have a glamorous career grrrr!!!!!!! On my way home of course Im passing bars and liquor stores and thinking just one night.....just to block everything out...but that only lasted a few seconds and I reasoned with myself that just one drink would put me right back where I was a year ago. Totally obsessed with alcohol. Living every minute to drink. Planning everything around drinking. Getting panicky if drinking is delayed by even 5 minutes. Unable to enjoy anything ANYTHING except drinking. Pure hell. An absolute nightmare. Pure torture at the end. I'll never go back there. Not even my most stressful and emotional day can make me go back there.

Vent over. I think these are considered first world problems....yes they're real, but I've got a roof and food and clean water. I can deal.
Xoxo
Old 02-01-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Positrons - the Antilog to Bumtrons - must be saturating the Atmosphere today; given the wonderful Posts illuminating all sorts of Personal Triumphs here today. Well done, Troopz!

We had a fine Day, too. We went for Breakfast out, and took MesaDog with us on a drive I sussed out on Google Earth Satellite. There's another huge Reservoir up the way, and we checked out the very quiet, almost-empty Campsites, and Facilities. Bookmarked for another Trip to the Desert here someday. Quite some distance from anything, so one would have to do some planning, and stock up in advance. There's a number of Rental Houseboats ready to motor out, and that's also on our List for potential Future Fun.

There was new Snow on the rugged Peaks all around this Valley, and some blustery, nippy Temps this Morning. We got light 'Corn' Snow - little Pellets - on the Windshield while driving. With Temps in the low 40s, and a ~30 mph Wind putting Wind Chill below Freezing in the ~20s, I had to shorten the time that MesaDog could romp around the Desert. Storm Clouds have now moved East to pound Colorado, and the Wind is dying down. Weather that's all part of RV fun. More Petroglyphs below...

I was up before Dawn, and reveling in my Sobriety while mucking around taking joy in doing small Tasks totally in the moment. I booked us a Motel on the Route back. I can drain/Winterize the Trailer before we leave, and not have to worry about Pipes freezing. I've stayed at this Family-run Motel in Utah before, and it's a cheap, friendly place that nets rave Reviews on line. There is Sober pleasure in keeping things simple.

Grilled Salmon on the Barbee tonight in this nearly-deserted RV Camp w/no Neighbors.

While driving back, this perfect Road Tune came on for us to blast. Serendipity. Not to mention the Cover reminding me of Jen's Beach Babe Pals. Sweet Dreams loom tonight of my past SoCal Beach Daze where the 'Babe Bar' is set very high. And, yes, Jack Johnson is Married, with several Kids.
- 'I'm Bad I'm Nationwide' ~ ZZ Top -

Old 02-01-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
...holds the key

On a happier note, a local bakery brought us mini Bundt cakes today. I'm about to have raspberry white chocolate for dinner!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds like a pretty decent day, Mesa! And I love Positrons!!