Notices

Keep Calm and Sober On! Weekender Jan 29 Pt. 2

Old 02-01-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I purchased this course a while back but I left it alone for a while.

Now I feel like picking it back up and I've been listening while I do office work. It's lovely again so far.

The Freedom to Choose Something Different by Pema Chödrön, on @udemy. Check it out - https://bnc.lt/Xfid/0V1UeIIZCq

Jen, my secret for getting to eight months sober today is just don't drink, no matter what.

I had to stop thinking and just admit I needed help, and to ask for support. My recovery toolbox is nice and stocked and there's always room for more stuff. And I retry on things I previously thought didn't work, bc recovery tools have a way of being a lot more effective now that I willingly surrender.

I ask for help constantly and I try to give help constantly. I might be on to something here. I have had some scary moments, but I'm developing an inner fortitude that simply won't allow me to throw away the hard work I've done and great progress I've made. I appreciate myself for the first time in my life.

xoxo
Old 02-01-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

(((Brynn))) I hate nothing more than crying at work. I've done it several times in my life. I always feel like such a ninny. But... You do have a lot going on, and that Bioch deserves to have her teeth punched in. When I cry at work it's almost always out of sheer frustration and anger - because I don't lash out at others. And you did not cave in to the AV, so in the end, the day is a win for you. And now cake!! You can go to bed feeling good about yourself.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
My recovery toolbox is nice and stocked and there's always room for more stuff. And I retry on things I previously thought didn't work, bc recovery tools have a way of being a lot more effective now that I willingly surrender. I ask for help constantly and I try to give help constantly. I might be on to something here. I have had some scary moments, but I'm developing an inner fortitude that simply won't allow me to throw away the hard work I've done and great progress I've made. I appreciate myself for the first time in my life. xoxo
Me too! I'm loving the inner fortitude.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Congratulations Melina! 8 months is awesome! And look at all the positive changes you've made. Bravo to you.
Brynn...I had a rotten day at work today too. I didn't cry, but at one point I looked at help wanted classifieds. I just get so agravated ( did I spell that right? ) but it was just a rotten day....tomorrow will be better.
I swear, this freezing cold weather doesn't help. It makes me ornery and miserable. I want to be like a bear and hibernate til it gets warm again. Instead, I came home and ate a large cheeseburger, fried potatoes, and lots of icecream. I need to find another way to take the edge off.
I was going to go to a class tonight but it's about 20° out and I don't want to go out in that. I have my pellet stove AND my furnace blasting. I need to be warm under the covers.
so how's that for total grouchyness and ranting and raving?
sorry. ..
I better go see what's on tv.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks y'all. Cake finished. Should've taken a picture it was so pretty.
I generally keep my feelings inside and rarely get angry at anyone except myself. Not long ago a friend reminded me it's ok to be human. It's ok to take the mask off, let your guard down, and admit you're not ok. I think I forget who I am sometimes. I forget I am an Overcomer and slip back into that old mindset that I have no control in my life. I need to be more mindful of that.

Haf, hope you can warm up and yes...tomorrow will be better.
Xo
Old 02-01-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hugs Brynn. Sounds like a yucky day for you. I'm glad you got thru it and ate cake instead.

MLD, you survived the meeting. Yay!

Yoga was great tonight. It felt good. Teacher plays interesting stuff. Tonight she played a motivational track. I quite liked it and played it at home but decided it's best listened to with eyes closed because the video is distracting
Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Eyes closed
Old 02-01-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Checking in. Hope your all having a nice evening.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Been doing tarot readings all night and I'm getting tired!!

Maybe its time for a goodnight serial killer documentary, then off to bed.
Xoxo
Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
And, yes, Jack Johnson is Married, with several Kids.
You know, Mesa, I'm not sure if I need that kind of negativity in my life

Lol jk love ya, buddy!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great words of wisdom Melina xoxo
You're fantastic (((( hug)))))
Old 02-01-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning

Hugs Brynn, condescending morons like the person you met are that way because of their own inadequacy. They will always be inadequate but you will be in a better place in the future

Cool video Ruby, glad you enjoyed your slice of free time.

Really, really did not want to run this morning but i'm glad of it now, even 15 minutes makes me feel good
Old 02-02-2016, 01:41 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Sao hello everyone
Old 02-02-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning everyone!

Just a quick check in before work.

See you all later.

K
Old 02-02-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Congrats Melina, and great words of advice!

Brynn - I cry all the time for no apparent reason. I am just overly emotional I guess

Off to teach my students today, will be fun up to the point where I have to ask where the heck they learned to do references?! Was very well behaved last night - knew I was exhausted so declined Mr. Fireman's invite and was tucked up in bed with the cats nice and early!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning my fellow miscreants,

Brynn - well done on resisting the urge to drink!! It helps me to remind myself that when someone is criticising or commenting on what I am doing in life, they are actually talking about themselves.

Junior slept all night..did not wake up once..he was still asleep when I rushed out to work this morning. Even though I am an atheist, I wish to declare this as an official miracle.

Bright, crisp day here. Yesterday was the official start of spring, St Brigid's Day, or Imbolc. Time to renew and refresh. Hmmm - maybe a theme for next weekend K?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbolc

Catch ye later sober friends,

B
Old 02-02-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

well I did it! woke up and saw a clear sky. stepped onto the back deck. Let's see, Jupiter? check, Mars? check, Saturn? check... uh, houses and trees? check.
So I started up the jeep and put on shoes, grabbed a jacket and gloves... Jeep is covered in ice. Used about a quart of fluid to clear the windshieeld and scraped the side windows... still couldn't lower - frozen stuck...
Drove about a mile to a parking lot and of course Venus POPPED as soon as it came into view. I had to shade the lot light but I found Mercury. Once I got it I was able to scan the sky and see all five lined up in a row. At 0643 Feb 2, 2016 I saw the five planets without binoculars. Had to shade the moon on the deck to see Saturn at first. But once I got out to a clear view, easy peasy.
There is still plenty of time for anyone who wants to catch this. Got to get up before the dawn. My latitude/longitude is 46.3/-79.9.

Lots to do today... coffee is ready.

Have a great day!
Old 02-02-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I've been trying to see the planets, but it's been cloudy most days here. Frustrating.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

you still got a couple weeks MLD...
Old 02-02-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

We are going to get our biggest snow of the year so far today. Sounds like 8-10 inches. Fun fun. Better go get gas for the snow blower.