Notices

Keep Calm and Sober On! Weekender Jan 29 Pt. 2

Old 02-03-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I like liverwurst. I do not like eating a slab of liver though. Not sure why one and not the other. Actually around these parts it's called Braunschweiger. Yummy on crackers with some good grainy mustard.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Love Bach, hate Braunschweiger. All a matter of which organ, huh?
Old 02-03-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

hahaha Mesa, I actually had valley girl cued up, but after I listened to it I thought, naw, especially at 4 minutes long... I was going to include it with the spoon post but backed out at the right time it seems.

what is interesting, aside from the 'valley girl' speak, it's actually a good composition musically. FZ rules.

I'm getting google eyes and need to step away for the night.
I'll be right back at job search 101 in the morning.

afterthought: Maybe if they called it liverbest more people would like it.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Did anyone have a photo of Guyana?
Hugs to everyone xx
Why are you looking for photos of Guyana, Petals? Did I miss something? Looks like a cool spot, right on the Caribbean, plenty of calypso music and some old colonial architecture as well. English speaking, too! I don't know much more about it, but it seems like a nice warm spot to visit.

So I made a hanging lantern thingy today. Well, I didn't make the shade....but I did wire the socket and the two-pronged plug. Bought the shade and then went to the hardware store. I kinda thought they'd offer to do the work for me, but they just gave me a 3-foot cord and all the parts. Managed all that in Spanish, so learned some new vocab words by default during that little exchange. Came home and I found some tools I kept in a cardboard box, got on YouTube and presto. Not Rocket Science, but happy to have succeeded at a new craft.

I think I'd like to hang it out on my side-porch, could be cool.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Ribeye on the grill with spinach souffle sounds heavenly -
Time to watch the Madoff show-
Old 02-03-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

okay, so I just HAD to look it up...

"Liverwurst, a cooked sausagelike cold cut from central and eastern Europe, traditionally is made from liver and other organ meats. U.S. federal guidelines state that a product can be labeled as liverwurst if it contains at least 30 percent liver. Because liverwurst is created from various types of offal, and may include mechanically separated meat or meat byproducts, taste and texture vary widely among the brands" - from ehow

offal
noun
the parts of a butchered animal that are considered inedible by human beings; carrion.
the parts of a butchered animal removed in dressing; viscera.
refuse; rubbish; garbage.
- from Dictionary.com

YUM - NOT! from ME

What's for breakfast?
Old 02-03-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

That makes liverwurst sound pretty bad. ...offal..ugh.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

'The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night'

~ Otto von Bismarck ~

And, speaking of Laws... Here's a good one from the hard core Mining Town of Chloride Arizona. Next time, I'm gonna RV in a State devoid of such Legislative Killjoys. I've become kinda fond of my Evening Stogie while chillaxing in my fetching Ballerina Outfit.

- Chloride Arizona ~ Ghosttowns.com -

Old 02-03-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

- Pictures Of Guyana -
Old 02-03-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
753 Days, here. I've never used the Sober Calculator before.

I don't really think it about it. Any more than I can recall my last Asthma attack a very long time ago.

I used to have Asthma. I guess I'm still an Asthmatic. I don't think of it that way.

In a like manner, I used to Drink. I no longer do. This means that the Reference Point/Date of whenever I last did so diminishes in relevance over time.

To go back to that State is no longer desirable, nor ever an option. If it took me Decades to get 'there', then that's exactly the time it took. I don't regret it taking the time it did because there really was no option of it taking more, or less, time. This is how I define 'Acceptance'.

What doesn't get learned this time around, the Soul returns to learn, and get right, the next go-around. I learned Sobriety this time around, and am immensely content with that.
Mesa, I appreciate your post so much.
~Bix
Old 02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
'The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night'

~ Otto von Bismarck ~

And, speaking of Laws... Here's a good one from the hard core Mining Town of Chloride Arizona. Next time, I'm gonna RV in a State devoid of such Legislative Killjoys. I've become kinda fond of my Evening Stogie while chillaxing in my fetching Ballerina Outfit.

- Chloride Arizona ~ Ghosttowns.com -

This is a hoot.

I have a dear friend who, in later life, has "trans"ed. Life is really really hard on some people. No choice or decisions involved. Just honesty. Heart breaks -- and celebrates the courage at the same time.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Personally, I am having the courage to associate in public with this amazing creature who is my friend. I feel pretty blessed and lucky.

Sobriety lets me experience "for real" instead of some fuzzy 'tsawright" version .
Old 02-03-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

The very unlikely Mining Town of Trinidad Colorado was the veritable Mecca for Gender Reassignment Surgery. A real Magician, this Doctor linked below...

MesaMate Mentored a Guy who transitioned. Quite the Hottie thereafter, apparently. She was off to teach 1 Year in some Country like Venezuela, and sought High School Teacher MesaMate's Counsel on staying 'undercover' in order to survive that Year in staunch Catholic Land.

In contrast, all I gotta do is not Drink. A relative Cakewalk...

- Trinidad Colorado Surgeon Story -
Old 02-03-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mesa
Old 02-03-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. ..see you tomorrow morning on the new thread -
Old 02-03-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning gang
Old 02-04-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Was a rough day yesterday, so no posting for me! Mr. Fireman had that awful situation of squad being called to his parents address. His mom was not doing well, but looks like the ER got things under control. His sister is a nurse there, so I am sure she got full VIP treatment with son her paramedic, and daughter in the ER! No matter what though, was a lot of worry and stress.

Petals - why photos of Guyana? I lived there, sure I have some on the computer somewhere!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

One more long day of work tomorrow. Finally. Then this city can normalize a little. And my life!

I hope you are all well. I can't wait to have a little free time to catch up.