Old 02-01-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Jsbodhi

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Well, another pretty darned good workday has come to an end. I needed a little extra time here on SR today, and I will have to pay that back this week. No big deal, and well worth it.

I'm shutting down and going to make dinner now...steamed greens with bacon and some kind of baked winter squash if I can find one in the fridge or garage. Sweet potato if no squash to be had.

I know I am young in sobriety...but I feel a GLEE that has not been mine in years. Every day will not be like this, I know...but I am really going to enjoy every good minute I have.

My mind and journal are suddenly bursting with plans and ideas. A few weeks ago it was all "oh my god, I'm going to be fired, I have no life, there is nothing to look forward to, I only fail people, what good am I, how could I have let this happen, look at the time (money, energy, goodwill) I've wasted". No more!

Ok, so the next right thing for me is to leave my workplace and go make a healthy dinner and get on the treadmill. Go to bed sober. Count my lucky, lucky sober stars -- and go to peaceful sleep.
This is exactly how I feel about life as well now.