Notices

A Newcomers Weekender Thread Nov 27 Pt 2

Old 11-30-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

jsb, I hope you got some sleep and got your paper done.

I know we talked a lot about mothers yesterday, but they really can make life painful. I often got the feeling that my mother was jealous of me or my choices because I was much more free-spirited, much less inhibited and pretty much the opposite of her. I don't know that my way was better, just different. Again, I think it's hard for mothers to separate themselves from their female children and there is just a tension between younger/older women sometimes.

Regardless, I would pull back from that relationship. That's what I did and it was the only thing that worked for me...js, your mom can take care of herself - and she certainly doesn't deserve to be pampered if she can't observe the basic human polite manners.

The best thing I did was put a big distance physically and emotionally between me and my mother.

Bix:

Looks like the old "Laugh In" stage.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Well I just e-mailed the lady back and she told me that she got over 100 CVs in response to her ad, and she is trying to whittle her list down to 12 - 15. Oh dear.

She is going to call me on Wednesday for a chat so we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

That kewl 'Mamas & Papas' Clip might be from The Ed Sullivan Show. Not positive about that...

Since Parental Relationships are kinda the Topic de Jour, I vetted this Story just now - as I did several years ago - before posting this Link. It certainly helps explain Mackenzie Phillips' long struggle with Coke and Alcohol. Hollyweird influences aside. Father John Phillips is wearing the fashionable Hat in that Vid.

Anytime Keith Richards kicks you out of his House because you're too high, you high.

When Da Wife touched on this taboo Topic in her High School Health/Sex Ed Classes each Semester, there was no mistaking what was going on at Home when a few Girls would look down; suddenly unable to make Eye contact. She would make them aware of Counseling Options.

No inference from Topics here to this level of Dysfunction is implied, or intended.
- Mackenzie Phillips' Incest Allegations ~ Vanity Fair -
Old 11-30-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Old 11-30-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
...holds the key

You'll do fine tetra. Just make sure you have a list of questions/thoughts/whatever ready.

It's a perfect fall day here! (If you like cloudy damp days ha!). Done with chiro....guess I'll go shopping. Still need a few gifts and Christmas cards plus I need an excuse to go to some favorite shops....(just to look )
Old 11-30-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

talk about big brother... it seems every music link or vid I click on from the forum shows up whenever I open youtube...
Old 11-30-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hello,

I'm here, thanks so much for the support.
I'm fine except the usual horrible anxiety, hangover.
Alcohol acts as a stimulant for me, so I fell asleep for about 2 hours and have been up all night tossing and turning.
I didn't drink enough to blackout or cause any serious trouble thankfully, I stopped drinking after i talked to the first couple of responders here
( Thanks so much)
I know my mom loves me, she's just really really weird about my brother.
No one can say a thing against him, if you say even something about his self destructive behaviour, she'll just start attacking you. I don't understand and never will.
But I agree some distance will be good, it's just hard because I don't have anyone else.
No father, cousins, grand parents, I have a brother and sister from a different dad and they'd abandon me without an issue.
I suppose I just gotta accept that.
Anyway, today is a new day, i have work and school so I should go and do those.
Xoxoxo

Thanks for the replies and messages, I'll get to them later xoxo
Old 11-30-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh it's good to see you Jen! Yep...you just carry on about your business and take care of yourself. So much I want to say but have to go for now. I'm just glad you're here and moving forward!!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Oh it's good to see you Jen! Yep...you just carry on about your business and take care of yourself. So much I want to say but have to go for now. I'm just glad you're here and moving forward!!
Hi brynn,

Thanks yes I'll continue on with sobriety, I like being a sober person, the anxiety is so bad, I want to cancel work and school and just lay here in my room, but the sun is shining and I think it's better if I get out and interact with people and enjoy the nice weather, and I'll feel better if I complete my responsibilities.

To anyone thinking of drinking, don't do it! Its not fun at all, after I was drunk I just wanted to be sober again.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad your with us and feeling OK Jen. Unfortunately we don't get to choose our parents bimini was correct to advise a bit of metaphorical distance from your mom and brother/sil to give yourself a better shot at not drinking. Your doing well putting yourself through college and paying for your apartment so no more getting down because of them
Old 11-30-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening guys whats is for either your breakfast if your AM lunch if its early pm

Or dinner where I am in the uk

Were having jerk chicken with orange zest & chili flakes, basmati rice flavoured with onions & garlic & potato thins baked in the oven seasoned with salt pepper olive oil & smoked paprika
Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Mesa - you can bet this boy has heard of Scottdale - I have an app that gives me the important US /European and British auction results every month. Until quite recently Lancias fetched less in the USA than Europe but recently that has changed and maybe even reversed so who knows maybe I will bring it over (okay probably not the Scottsdale Concors d'Elegance). Besides that is in January and it won't be ready by then lol!

LBrain - if you can override the Traction Control that old IT trick that I expect MesaMan probably charged thousands of dollars for for might work - switch it of and on again

Soberwolf I love your latest Avatar
Old 11-30-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
saoutchik

A woman on the Station concourse has just sang the most amazing version of Chacka Khan's Ain't Nobody
that I have ever heard - she was mic'd up + guitar &amp I was really blown away!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Some Eye Candy linked below, Sao...

This Gent has collected from an early age, and I've seen him on the Tube at Auctions 'filling out' his Collection. We toured this Museum last Summer. Perfect examples of whatever he has.

His Money comes from starting Satellite TV Channels like 'The History Channel'. A true Media Mogul. I spied a fancy Electrical Gate ~4 Miles down the Road from this Museum/Resort, and 'toured' his ~50,000 sq. ft. House from Google Earth View.

Save a Meal in Tokyo, about the only $15 Sandwich for Lunch I think I've ever had. Rooms at his Resort are ~$400/Night and up.

Cars and Galleries | Gateway Auto Museum

Gateway Canyons Resort | A Luxury Colorado Resort

- 'Ain't Nobody' ~ Chaka Khan & Rufus -
Old 11-30-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Just got off the phone regarding an email I received two weeks ago telling me they shipped me a new battery... un huh?

sao - interesting that I did turn off and on again the traction control and the light did reset before I pulled out of the driveway a few hours ago. I decided to get it up to 80 going down the road just because anyway.

The plethora of reasons that cause this light to illuminate is crazy - as from my jeep forum. It's still 'stock' so any number of sensors, steering out of alignment, wheel balance etc... wish I still had my old jeep... before chrysler 'car-i-fied' them. But it will still go anywhere with authority. Wish I still had my MGBs too...

Jsbodhi! Glad to hear you are in better spirits today. Take some time for yourself and focus on you for a spell. As others have already mentioned, you have to treat her like radiation - time, distance and shielding
Old 11-30-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

well I thought about another hot rod car song since Lunar's GTO post...
but with all the Johnny Cash... why not combine them?

dedicated to saotchik and all you car nuts out there...

Old 11-30-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Lunch break...no time for siesta today. Ok since I just had a 10 day siesta. It's not bad being back at work.
Glad to hear everyone is doing well. ..especially you jsbodhi -
Old 11-30-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Just walked into work from 10 days off and I'm told I have to fire someone when they arrive at 4.

Le sigh. Reality strikes.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Jsbodhi...you posted here!! Near the beginning of a slip!! That is AWESOME. And stopping before a full binge took place? Priceless.

As someone said earlier...people truly care. I am so so grateful for that. I know you are, too.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I am having the best Monday in a decade. Truly. That does not mean it is "good". But it is the best I can remember. Anxiety is not unbearable. I am getting things done. A client has asked me for a site visit. This is all gooooood.

My thanks to Brynn, Turniops, and all others who thought of my "Monday problem". I appreciate you!!