Notices

A Newcomers Weekender Thread Nov 27 Pt 2

Old 12-02-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Good luck with your preparation, olive......
hmmmmm.... preparation O, kinda catchy, definitely marketable,

made with pure Olive
Old 12-02-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Olive, hope all goes well. I know I need to have this done, too. Not looking forward to it. (But then, who would?)

Ruby, it's good to hear that your father is recovering on track.

My tiredness is catching up with me. Trying to stay up for a little while before turning in for what should be a good night's sleep.

Mesa, I'll be in touch in re: the HDMI cord. I think it makes more sense to try and get the DVD hooked up. That ought to be interesting. Thanks, again.

Take care, all.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

The preparation is handily called, 'Golytely'.

I know.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
The preparation is handily called, 'Golytely'.
You're ******* me. (You knew someone was gonna pull that card.)

Well, that settles it, Olive. Your colonoscopy will no doubt be like a stroll down Fifth Avenue, with one of yours truly's favorite songs, "Moon River," playing in the background.

Ah, the incomparable Audrey Hepburn as the unforgettable Holly Golightly.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

There's nothing "lyte" about the "go" with that stuff.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Olive, I imagine you'll be glad when all this is behind you.

I'll get me coat....
Old 12-02-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

This discussion is cracking me up....I can think of lots of names for the drink, but I might get scolded. But seriously, I thought it was a good cleansing when I've had to do it.
well, I had a thought tonight. Forget about all this sobriety talk, have a few drinks and feel good for alittle while. It baffles me how the AV continues to test me. Of course, it took me just a few minutes to think it through and come back to reality. Just crazy. I wonder if it had anything to do with the shootings.
well, anyway, there is a nice show on PBS about dessert in different seasons. Beautiful photography and relaxing music. I'll watch that.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Lol, Behan
Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
This discussion is cracking me up....I can think of lots of names for the drink, but I might get scolded. But seriously, I thought it was a good cleansing when I've had to do it.
well, I had a thought tonight. Forget about all this sobriety talk, have a few drinks and feel good for alittle while. It baffles me how the AV continues to test me. Of course, it took me just a few minutes to think it through and come back to reality. Just crazy. I wonder if it had anything to do with the shootings.
well, anyway, there is a nice show on PBS about dessert in different seasons. Beautiful photography and relaxing music. I'll watch that.
I'm glad you talked about that brief moment of thinking about drinking. Stupid AV. Silly AV. We got your back, HaF

I've had several colonoscopies due to my Crohn's disease...maybe 4 or 5. I'm supposed to get one every year but that's a hard thing to commit to. So I do it about every other year.

The procedure is nothing. That prep, though. I've been given the one called MoviPrep or something like that. Drinking a full glass every 15 minutes... It's like saltier watered down Gatorade. I'm gagging by the time I'm done. Just forcing myself to get it all down.

But it always makes me think... I have a lot of friends who are convinced we have years of toxic poo buildup in our colons, yadda yadda yadda. They aren't diagnosed with a gastrointestinal disease so they are just gleaning from the Internet, yoga classes, sexy looking juice and raw food people, etc.... They go on these cleanses and talk about all these years of buildup that came out, etc etc.

They talk about raw food like its the only answer to clean us out. Raw food (fiber) can be debilitating to me, depending on if I'm in a flare up or not. It's like scraping sandpaper on a raw wound in terms of what happens to me with fiber in my colon.

I wish I had that luxury to be that ignorant. Bc of Crohn's disease I know it takes exactly one gallon of Golytely or MoviPrep to clean it all out. I should sell it as a new age cleanse.

Although there is something to be said for juicing in the sense that not having anything to chew or digest does help with the smooth movements.. In my case it's wonderful bc then I don't have to actually digest anything.

Anyway, tough stuff. I wish you the best as you go through the prep. It is a nice cleansing. If you're not grossed out by those kind of bodily functions, it's kind of interesting to see what's exactly happening as you go through all the prep.

Sorry if this was gross to anyone. I have no bathroom grossness filter bc of what I've gone through with Crohn's. I'm like a nurse that way. Unfazed.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

HAF, it is disconcerting how the AV manages to pop up at odd times, isn't it?

I try and remember that my brain was in the habit of using drinking for dealing with everything, that's right, everything ... happy times, sad times, angry times, bored times ... and any time in between those.

Great job finding other things to do instead of drink
Old 12-02-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Can't say I'm looking forward to the whole thing, but a good cleanse will be very nice.
And I've got great theme music now....Moon River.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Home from class.
I got the grade back on that philosophy paper I wrote ( 3 page one I forgot was due and wrote in a panic)
I got 90%= A
Yay!!!!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  
Administrator

part 3 starts here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...27-pt-3-a.html