Notices

The worst worst ever

Old 12-02-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

You do have to face it and this may be the time. You will ultimately feel better once you do face it. Then you can figure out what to do from there.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I got to.go back home now... am really really anxious..... no texts back at all.... give me strength. .. .....
Old 12-02-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and wishing you the very best.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

just seen this. . . . . .. look after your husband and kids, your house, and your wellbeing.

3 little words for you. . . . . ."**** the neighbours"-you don't live their life-and they don't live yours..................one thing though-behave around other men !

Last edited by Dee74; 12-02-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I.went in... kids pleased to see me at least... still bad elsewhere. ...but time I guess.... thanks guys for being here x
Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Take joy in your kids. Your husband will come to the point where he is ready to talk. Unfortunately the biggest thing that will help is time, the one thing you can't do anything about. Just do what you can right now, which, most importantly, is to prove you mean business by staying sober.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you, enfin - let us know how it's going when you get chance.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi, got through evening... made small talk about news and shopping etc... it's a little bit of progress but we need to talk about the big issue... my behaviour and my alcohol problems. ... I know he had 3 beers on Tuesday when I was in oxford. I dint mind but I don't hink he can see the depth of my problem... or maybe doesn't want the cosy mask of drinking buddies and all sorts well to fall away and reveal raw problems. He is a man , and thinks and behaves and responds differently to me these days. Not sure we actually talk about us. ...but I'm also not sure another sweep under the carpet will be good for me and the future.
For anyone that is just I interested in will keep posting... it really helps me... thanks to all for listening. ...😊
Old 12-03-2015, 03:20 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Allowing some time to pass to soften things for him a bit
and for you to get more established in sobriety doesn't
mean you have to "brush things under the carpet" down the road.

At the moment, you are walking on eggshells and fragile in temptation.
Your AV was telling you to drink just yesterday.
Having the "big discussion" in the next few days would be pretty triggering.

I suggest waiting until he is ready, and meanwhile keep working on your sober plan
and "walking the walk" of sobriety.
Mentally, your head will start to clear and the anxiety will get better.
You will also be demonstrating that you are serious and willing to work for change.
That's a much better place to be when you have that tough talk.

Hang in there and do keep posting
We care about you
Old 12-03-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Keep posting, enfin, and keep building up your sobriety. Hang in there.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

9 days today, yee ha!!! We have crawled through the week, he got me a lovely gift one of his students had made on Thursday, I think that was the nod to reconciliation, since then everything has been normalish between us. No conversation about anything though....
I was really anxious and depressed and stressed yesterday, then he came home and drank beer infront of me... but I didn't cave. I was strong.
I had a massive panic attack in the night, crying and freaking out in bed thinking of the impossible amount of work I have to do this coming week. I jut wanted to run/hide/die... but I thought about it, and found an inner core of strength somewhere... so I got up, made a list and have been working all morning to sort out the week ahead.
I need to heal me. And I am going to darn well give it my best... just gotto stop wondering and thinking about all the might haves, wish haves, fantasys and grapple with reality. Off I go.... with coffee and hope!

Enfin the change.... xx
Old 12-06-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Well done Enfin, sounds like you're taking very sensible steps. "To do" lists really help to keep the things you need to do from feeling overwhelming. And being able to tick them off, one at a time, for me at least gives a real sense of accomplishment.

The longer you stay sober, the easier it will be. Just be sure to keep on top of that as your top priority. Have a plan for every situation. Figure out what your triggers are and how you can either avoid them or work through them. Coming on here, posting, reading your early posts to see why you're doing this can really help.

Keep going, you're doing great!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's the way to do, Enfin, and believe that you can get through this.

Try to not focus on your husband's drinking, but instead, keep in mind what you want and need for your life. You're doing the right thing, and good for you on Day 9!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

We spoke at length today... it helped... I realise how he tries too, and how I hurt him... but we'll see how it change. .. we both do love each other. ... but it needs to grow again, not stagnate... and I need to be sober!!! I think I was being too hard on him to justify my own freaking out.... poor guy having to deal with me from 20 years!
Still not drinking. .. but as feel happier it is more tempting !!! I'm. Not though nonononononononono nnnnnooooo!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

enfin, the crazy spinny brain is going to relax and be less bothersome with some sober time. All the manic energy and worry and fear is going to go away. You are in healing mode. You are recovering from a serious illness and your brain and nervous system is not well yet.

Give it time, understand that this is a fragile time, and don't push too much - just concentrate on not picking up a drink, healthy food, sleep, water, self-care right now.

Well done! You can do this.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Don't think I've ever done anything for myself , u less it's harm .... I'm pretty worthless overall. Being nice and kind and helping people was all I had, faking that I was a nice person. ...

Now I'm not even that. Sober is going to be tough... where do u hide???
"Being nice and kind and helping people" is not being "worthless". Mother Theresa was nice and kind and she helped people and she was far from worthless. You can't fake real kindness. Give yourself some credit!

You are actually hiding when you drink, when you are sober you are living life warts and all. The warts are there all the time though, you just don't notice them when you are legless.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cascabel View Post

"Being nice and kind and helping people" is not being "worthless". Mother Theresa was nice and kind and she helped people and she was far from worthless. You can't fake real kindness. Give yourself some credit!

You are actually hiding when you drink, when you are sober you are living life warts and all. The warts are there all the time though, you just don't notice them when you are legless.
I just hurt those who care for me most... even thought they may not show they care how I want them to... or as often. .. I still hurt them... I hope that was the drink. ... and I turn out to be nice after all!!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

You will be amazed at how much will change for the better with continued sobriety enfin.

The thing is, the further you get from the drama, and the more things get back to "normal"
the more your AV voice is going to tell you that "one drink won't hurt"
or "you really don't have a problem after all" and other such tripe.

This is, as Ann said, the most fragile time.
Your husband is still drinking at home.
Mine does too and sometimes that is really hard, but you need to find
a positive response to deal with it instead of feeling deprived and sorry for yourself.

As you found with your to do list, things can be reacted to proactively, or the
way we've always done it, by numbing the worry in the bottle.

Learning to be sober is about far more than fixing your marriage.
It's great things are improving so much, but this is actually a time to be wary
and step up the tools you are using to stay sober.

I agree with the poster who suggested you print and read your first posts
anytime you think it is OK to have a drink. We forget that pain too fast.

You can do this, and it will get better and better, but there is much work ahead
Old 12-07-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
You will be amazed at how much will change for the better with continued sobriety enfin.

The thing is, the further you get from the drama, and the more things get back to "normal"
the more your AV voice is going to tell you that "one drink won't hurt"
or "you really don't have a problem after all" and other such tripe.

This is, as Ann said, the most fragile time.
Your husband is still drinking at home.
Mine does too and sometimes that is really hard, but you need to find
a positive response to deal with it instead of feeling deprived and sorry for yourself.

As you found with your to do list, things can be reacted to proactively, or the
way we've always done it, by numbing the worry in the bottle.

Learning to be sober is about far more than fixing your marriage.
It's great things are improving so much, but this is actually a time to be wary
and step up the tools you are using to stay sober.

I agree with the poster who suggested you print and read your first posts
anytime you think it is OK to have a drink. We forget that pain too fast.

You can do this, and it will get better and better, but there is much work ahead
Thanks, I needed to read that. .m the idle wondering is creeping in... I'm. Squashing it, but it's there... I like the idea of printing the posts... I need to keep it so I an remind myself of how bad it was should I ever go back.... I am looking forward to resting and finding me in a the crap! !!

Thanks guys xxx
Old 12-07-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Keep it up Enfin - you are showing your resolve to make your life/family better.

Small victories add up to big ones.