Notices

Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 2

Old 11-22-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Also from the first part of the thread- thank you mecanix for writing to me and the smokers about your family. I know how tough that is to experience. I don't want to continue hurting myself like that.

I'll try to remember how serious this is when I'm crabby and I think I should just have a cigarette.

Marty, I'm nervous but I'm ready to quit.

Today is my 41st bday. I've read that everyone has two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

That is this year for sure. Lots of deep thinking going on, as best I can. Lots of asking myself what I want and how to get there.

Wondering why I never saved any money or started my own business yet. I don't want to be too hard on myself at this moment so I'll stop now.

I am melancholy. My bf and I aren't doing so great and it really shows on a day like a bday. It's not the first time a guy has used my bday as an opportunity to show me how little I'm thought of. They just. Do. Nothing. I had to ask him if he was going to say happy birthday to me. All I wanted was a hug and a 'I'm glad you're alive and I love you so much.'

His son needs a mother and he is making a lot of progress with trust and attachment. So I stay. I love him so much.

This is hard.

Ok so this turned into a colossal pity party, damn. I'm going to figure out something to do to recenter and have a smile today.

I guess I can say I'm grateful that drinking hasn't entered my mind as any kind of option. It's a bonus I can breeze through most of life now without negotiating when and how much I can drink and seem ok, or when can I get home to really strap on the booze bag. That is a blessing.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Melina

I'm on the phone, otherwise I'd post fun smileys.

I forgot my own anniversary this year. Not sure if that will make you feel any better, probably not.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

WARNING!!!
I just got a text message telling me my ***** account has been temporarily locked. Visit wvw2.*****... to unlock it.

Really? It was an embedded link in the message. DELETE!

If you get one of these, do not click on it. Write down the entire message exactly as it appears. Report it to your provider, ***** and military intelligence... haha forget about military intelligence - there is no such thing.

Seriously - do not 'click' on the link if you get something like this sent to your phone. Delete it immediately after you capture the information if you desire. Or just delete it pronto.

Just like last summer I got a call telling me I won the publisher clearing house sweepstakes. They told me everything I won and asked if I'm going to be home within the next thirty minutes.

Don't fall for this crapola.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Happy Birthday Melina!! May this be your best year ever!! Xo

Old 11-22-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Melina! You honestly look 25!!
Old 11-22-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I just had the most wonderful sandwich! Turkey cold-cuts, cheese, sliced tomatoes, finely chopped broccoli, and mayo on whole wheat bread. On the side were baby dill pickles, celery sticks, and fruit cocktail. Sober eatin' Baby!

Old 11-22-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Melina!!
Old 11-22-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds good curly girl!

I'm still babysitting. Our snack was organic mango and sweet potato baby puffs. Baby foods not half bad!

Nap time for both of us.

Oh and thanks for the heads up Brain. I always delete stuff like that immediately but my dad's bad about opening crap like that. I fear he's going to get wiped out one day by these scams.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to MELINA!!!

Old 11-22-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Melina!! I'm sorry you're not having a better day. Maybe treat yourself to dinner. Or wander outside in the sunshine. It's cold out but in the sun? Nice!

I just popped ribs in the oven to slow cook.

I think I caught the tale end of a news story in the radio about implanted medical devices that can be hacked. It was a legit story but I didn't hear what the details were. Like pacemakers et al. My Dad will have to be cautious with defibrillator and pace maker if that's the case. I think the devices are coded to your name, social security number, date of birth and therein lies the risk
Old 11-22-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Melina: birthday personality profile :-)
People usually find this pretty accurate, though at the top of the page theres a typo saying scorpio but you're sag I think, right in the cusp.
I would've done your birthday profile myself, but it takes forever and I have a paper due, so I posted a link from a site instead xoxoxo

Anyway, take a read and let me know what you think!
Birthday Horoscope November 22nd Scorpio, If your Birthday is November 22
Old 11-22-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Melina-you are very special and very important!
I'm on my way back home. The family get together went surprisingly well without a hitch. I handled not drinking well, and didn't miss it at all. Only fleeting thoughts that I quickly thought through to the end which makes it easier for me.
Am anxious to get home and have my stacation. A whole glorious week to myself.
Ok-I missed pages of posts and can only pick up from here. I hope you all are ok and having a happy, healthy, and peaceful weekend.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Melina, happy happy birthday!

My biggest disappointments came from having expectations. Not just raised expectations, any expectations. I can relate more than you know, especially about birthdays and special occasions. Do something extra special for yourself.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

If anyone else wants to look up their birthday personality profile
Look here, just scroll down the page until you find your birthday and click on it
Birthday Horoscopes 365 Days of Birthdays Horoscope Profiles
Enjoy!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done HaF - one hurdle successfully negotiated

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELINA

Old 11-22-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Yeah, I'm guessing he's watching lots of those crazy YouTubers and conspiracy hacks. He doesn't seem to be truly insane. If it progresses, then I'll worry.
I am a victim of the global anti-Saoutchik conspiring - that isn't paranoia though of course.

I had heard of that whirlpool of the west coast of Scotland but not that George Orwell had nearly drowned there. I am quite poorly travelled when it comes to my own small country

A week or two ago Behan posted a link to a 10 or 15 amazing places in British Isles and I had only been to 1 of the places (Stonehenge) and that was on a school trip. It was so long ago that I think it had only just been built

Slow WiFi tonight, my last post took best part of a minute to load. I think Mesa coined the technical term - Bumtrons
Old 11-22-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy Birthday Melina!!!

Sao... I am truly truly disturbed by that video.... wow... um...

Ugghhh... I taped the wrong SNL. and the on demand does not have last nights episode! arrrggghhh!!!

ok... lets see whats on next.

Vacation tomorrow!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm a bit uncomfortable now with the photo of that little girl on the caddy - she's supposedly 9. Oh well, it's not too bad I suppose, maybe it's just my "dad" gene kicking in
Old 11-22-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Weasel - you read my thoughts - the video itself is fine
Old 11-22-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Not sure I want to see a happy happy birthday kenneth vid... LOL

I get that that was not what you expected to be the first thing we see. I agree.