Notices

Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 2

Old 11-22-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
saoutchik

If anyone is offended I will try and delete it - as I say the video it self is fine - I should pay more attention
Old 11-22-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sao... You are fine. It was not intentional. The video is sweet and that image was not fitting.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Sao, that video was weird and wonderful! Thanks for the thought!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

I just got broken up with by text. So fantastic.

I might have him come pick up the baby and take him to the sitter bc I really just feel used as a sitter now. I feel emotionally manipulated bc I love this child so much. I wouldn't stay if the son wasn't here. He already had one mother abandon him. Ugh.

I don't have anything better to do but this is a bu**$&@t way to spend a birthday.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
If anyone is offended I will try and delete it - as I say the video it self is fine - I should pay more attention
It was fine, it's an innocent image.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks guys

I'm not a perv (mostly)
Old 11-22-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Sao, that video was weird and wonderful! Thanks for the thought!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

I just got broken up with by text. So fantastic.

I might have him come pick up the baby and take him to the sitter bc I really just feel used as a sitter now. I feel emotionally manipulated bc I love this child so much. I wouldn't stay if the son wasn't here. He already had one mother abandon him. Ugh.

I don't have anything better to do but this is a bu**$&@t way to spend a birthday.
((((( hug))))
Old 11-22-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Oh Melina, I am so sorry............. ((((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))))) What an ass!!!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Ditto to what melki said. ...what a jerk, melina.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Seriously?? He broke up with you ON YOUR BIRTHDAY and while you are babysitting HIS SON??? WTF!!! can I have just 5 minutes alone with him so I can tell him exactly how messed up that is???
Old 11-22-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I meant to wish you a happy birthday Ma- LEEN -a earlier.
But that sux getting a text like that on your birthday. What a weasel! Not like our Weasel tho...

Happy Birthday. Time to start living YOUR life.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh, and you do not have to quit smoking tomorrow. I wouldn't if it were me. Too much stress on top of stress.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Oh, and you do not have to quit smoking tomorrow. I wouldn't if it were me. Too much stress on top of stress.
Hahaha I thought of that too!

He says it's my fault and I did it to myself, etc etc. Sounds weird but I think this is a result of his terror of meeting my family at Thanksgiving. He's not exactly shining with accomplishments in life and has a complex about it. I don't care but he is showing signs of being intimidated. He makes enough comments that I get what's going on. He does the same with me having two degrees and a good job in my field.

I think he blew things up so he didn't have to come through for me on my bday and with my family on Thanksgiving.

This was going to happen sooner or later. He's tried to end it a few times before but my codependent azz refuses to budge. Bc I can fix this, see? And I should be this precious child's mother and it will be great! Oh am I ever a mess.

Unfortunately, my feelings are very real for this child as well as his need for stability and love. And that makes me feel like the most selfish POS giver-upper on the planet. I have no legal rights here, I just stepped in a year ago and I've lived here and taken care of him as my child.

I feel so used. I don't have enough money saved to move out yet so this will be rough. Every other time it's the same story and we get exhausted so I just stay, but we never resolve anything and then we fight again and I get broken up with.

I think I should stop asking for the Ultimate Sign and Rejection and This Most Definitely Won't Work and He Is Bad For Me and just accept that I've had plenty of those signs.

But the kid....... Ugh. It hurts.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

So sorry Melina

What an @** to do that on your birthday.

You deserve to have some delicious cake and ice-cream today. Hope you do get some for yourself.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Melina, I am so sorry. I hope that there is a silver lining in there somewhere. I think there is. And, somewhere, cake.

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Seriously?? He broke up with you ON YOUR BIRTHDAY and while you are babysitting HIS SON??? WTF!!! can I have just 5 minutes alone with him so I can tell him exactly how messed up that is???
And when Marty is done, can I have 5 minutes, too?

Sao, the vid was sweet. And it's still Melina's birthday, dammit, so she deserves a little party here on SR.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

um. Happy Birthday?

yikes.

Guess what, you guys? I called the manager at the store and told him I didn't think I was going to be a good match for his store and that I wouldn't be working my first shift.

So, how's everyone else...
Old 11-22-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Me and the dude this morning.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Aw. So sad for you all.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That truly sucks Melina. It it a real shame about the child but you will be well rid of the boyfriend who is devoid of any humanity and class
Old 11-22-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Melina, happy belated birthday!!

Second, that dude is an asssssss. Breakup on your birthday by text? Puleeze.

Third, I was in a similar situation. I stayed in a relationship far too long because when I met my ex she had a young child. I didn't want to leave this beautiful boy. But that relationship was destroying my soul. After we broke up, I stayed in the house because the ex convinced me if I moved out they wouldn't have a roof over their heads. I paid the power bill because the ex rightly assumed that I would pay it all if she stopped paying her half, because I wouldn't allow the boy to be without. The whole time, my family screamed "he's not your son!!!" But to me, he was.

Unfortunately,as much as you love a child, as much as you want what's best for a child, if the child isn't yours... He just isn't. I'm sorry you have that to deal with on top of your breakup. This ex of yours is a real jackass.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Guess what, you guys? I called the manager at the store and told him I didn't think I was going to be a good match for his store and that I wouldn't be working my first shift.

So, how's everyone else...

did you at least go 'shopping' one more time?

At least you made it to orientation. I never got that far.