Notices

Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 2

Old 11-22-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you all!

Thanks for cool tune LB!
Old 11-22-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

While interacting with Miz Wadded Panties in the Driver's License Bureau recently, I had cause to duck into the Men's.

Specifically for the Bacon Buffs here, I took this Pic. There's an identical Meme going around with the Text:

'Push Button. Receive Bacon'

I've collected old Lamps and Gizmos over the Years as Design Examples. I'd nab this Hand Dryer in a Heartbeat. Immaculate Baby Blue Chassis from the '60s...

To my growing Manila Envelope, I've found and added my original Birth Certificate. An official Colorado State Title to my prior Trailer WITH our current Road Address on it. Along with my valid yet-to-be-found Passport, I trust this compendium of Documentation will un-wad her Panties and allow me to get a replacement Driver's License this Week.

While looking for some Italian Cookies last Night known to be stashed way in the back of our Pantry, I lifted an unexpectedly-heavy Box out of the way that contained 8 new Bottles of Wine. 'Tis gonna be an interesting Holiday Season around here of stealth Drinking.

For the distraction of Mental Health and what Melina called 'her Tranquility' in Part I of this Thread, having the new Trailer prep'ed and ready to roll is my back-up Escape Plan. I'm focused on that.

People vote with their Feet...

Old 11-22-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

He called me into the bathroom, turned on the fan, and whispered his latest conspiracy theories into my ear just now. He began by asking me on paper if there were cell phones nearby, writing me a note. Lucy pushed the door open and he shooed her out, whispering that the microchip would pick up what we were saying.

These conspiracy theories are nothing new, but I've never seen him act this crazy.

I mostly think he's being dramatic.

He was talking about Napoleon, American history and slavery, the group Anonymous, and the use of school buses by the military. Weaving it all together. He thinks the top 1% wealthy, the "cartel," is behind it all.

I asked him if he thinks it's healthy to spend a lot of time thinking about things like this. I asked him if he's afraid. He says he's not afraid. That he wants me to be aware of what's really going on.

Oh geez.

I think I married a paranoid schizophrenic.

Not really, but it's getting weird.

And his food paranoia is getting annoying too. He thinks we're mineral deficient, and the government is controlling kids through sugar and such. Guess he'll think we're being poisoned next.

He thinks he's ADD and that it's by design, not a coincidence.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Awesome Behan!!! I get it... Finn over Ken wins any day of the week! So happy for you!

Back from Tommy time and cannot stop nibbling on the sausage and peppers in the fridge. Cold its great!

Cloudy here and gonna get the house stocked for snacks this afternoon and watch TV and play games on the ipad with the fire going and cats circling. I cannot think of a better way to spend the time.

Tomorrow is the real first day of vacation. Up early. Gym, then get things together. Maybe a nice lunch out in Freeport near L.L.Bean. hmmmm

Good to see you all!!!

K
Old 11-22-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh, my, SP. That's pretty whacky. Does he wear a tin foil hat, too?
Old 11-22-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

No, but I'm sure he's open to the idea, Marty, lol.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

He thinks because I'm in front the computer many hours per day that my thoughts aren't entirely independent or my own. Well, sure, I can theorize the same, but not for the same reasons!

I told you all he's fearful, insecure, and has neurotic tendencies and anxieties ... this is how they manifest.

Schizophrenia typically manifests around age 30's. I don't think he's schizophrenic. I guess it's possible though. Unless he starts acting on these thoughts, I guess I'll just call him eccentric.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I have fond memories of a trip to Maine that involved a trip to the LL Bean store. We were on an epic driving/camping trip. I was 15. I didn't want to go on the trip AT ALL and I was mostly a pain in the keister, as I remember. But Maine was great - we bought a canoe at LL Bean. Had fresh caught and cooked lobster on a pier in Port Clyde. I'd like to go back to Maine sometime. I remember it being very beautiful.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I have fond memories of a trip to Maine that involved a trip to the LL Bean store. We were on an epic driving/camping trip. I was 15. I didn't want to go on the trip AT ALL and I was mostly a pain in the keister, as I remember. But Maine was great - we bought a canoe at LL Bean. Had fresh caught and cooked lobster on a pier in Port Clyde. I'd like to go back to Maine sometime. I remember it being very beautiful.
MLD... I love this place. Each season has special things to do. So much a great big community here. One of my fav places to eat is right down the street from beans. Azure cafe. OMG food. LOL
Old 11-22-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Soberpotamus does he really think Lucys chip can overhear his conversations?

I 'm done here. Off home now
Old 11-22-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Soberpotamus does he really think Lucys chip can overhear his conversations?
I think he really does think the capability is there, yes. That we aren't being informed of the technological capabilities of our gadgets. The government spies on us this way, and all that. He keeps the camera on the desktop covered up with a thick piece of paper taped over it.

Lucy's microchip is a new one. He's not told me this before. He wants it removed now, and he's willing to take her to a cosmetic surgeon.

I went in there and gave him a hug and kiss just now ... he told me he is tired of me thinking he's stupid and gullible. He is trying to prove his "intelligence" to me??? In this way?

It makes me sad that he thinks I believe he's an idiot.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

That's the first time I've heard that my pets' microchips are being used to eavesdrop.

The things I learn in Weekenders.

I wonder why it matters if the government sees me in my pjs, but whatever. I mean, there are cameras everywhere, in every store and on every traffic light.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Welcome Baby Finn!

Ok, so, my little man woke up every 2 hours last night! After a diaper change and locating his paci he would go back to sleep but auntie brynn was wide awake waiting for the next whimper! I'll be a zombie today, but he's such a little cutie that I'll probably volunteer for overnight duty again in the near future.

Breakfast was shared baby rice cereal with pears. Not bad.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning!! Success! I slept 8.5 hours, I fell asleep quickly, woke up once at 4:30 for a few mins and then slept through until 9!!!! YES!
Now, I can't be sure whether it was the sleep aids, or if its all in my head- doesn't matter, I slept really well.

MLD: I don't really like shopping either, except for books well that's not so true, I just don't like malls, but I love quaint little shops.
I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Maine my whole life, maybe I should go this year- do you reccomend a certain season or place?!?!

Soberp- I dated a paranoid schizophrhenic- it was ok as long as he took his meds, he was a wildlife biologist who specailized in Grizzly Bears, very interesting man. We didn't date for long though, we didn't break up because of his illness oddly enough, we broke up because he was married!!! Haha- bastard!

Behan- I love that name xoxo
Old 11-22-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
...holds the key

No pets or microchips here. Thank god cause I just realized I mumble to myself sometimes! Whoever was eavesdropping would get a good laugh at the brynn house!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I think he really does think the capability is there, yes. That we aren't being informed of the technological capabilities of our gadgets. The government spies on us this way, and all that. He keeps the camera on the desktop covered up with a thick piece of paper taped over it.

Lucy's microchip is a new one. He's not told me this before. He wants it removed now, and he's willing to take her to a cosmetic surgeon.

I went in there and gave him a hug and kiss just now ... he told me he is tired of me thinking he's stupid and gullible. He is trying to prove his "intelligence" to me??? In this way?

It makes me sad that he thinks I believe he's an idiot.
Haha! Soberp, my mom puts a piece of tape over the ipad camera
Old 11-22-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks Uncle K!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
No pets or microchips here. Thank god cause I just realized I mumble to myself sometimes! Whoever was eavesdropping would get a good laugh at the brynn house!
I talk to myself, or I practice out loud things I need to say to people
Old 11-22-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Nothing like a warm cat on a cold day. We're playing hooky from church today. I'm not up for fighting with the kids about getting dressed and out the door.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Oh, soberpotamus, that's disturbing and nonsensical at the same time. My husband gets paranoid a lot too but that's a manifestation of the crack addiction. Though it's still there when he stays sober to a certain extent. I usually let it go in one ear and out the other. Hang in there. There's a whole bunch of people out there who think along those lines.