Notices

Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 2

Old 11-22-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
There's a whole bunch of people out there who think along those lines.
Yeah, I'm guessing he's watching lots of those crazy YouTubers and conspiracy hacks. He doesn't seem to be truly insane. If it progresses, then I'll worry.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Having been in military intelligence, I can tell you the government isn't really interested in what most of us do. More important fish to fry. That having been said, there are many ways they watch us. But I highly doubt we are being eavesdropped on by microchips or iPad cameras. I do know a lot of people who think along those lines, not without some reason. But I just figure, as long as I'm not doing anything to catch the attention of big brother, I'll not worry about it.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

That's exactly my attitude and thoughts on government surveillance at the civilian level, Marty. Exactly.

I also told him to go pick up the book, 1984.

I sign a lot of petitions that might put me on some type of "watch" list but that's my right as a citizen, and so be it, I'll go on their lists, happily.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

So the stores at the giant strip mall that has the DSW don't open until 11. Should have checked before hopping in the car. Oh well. Only 10 minutes to wait.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Here is a typical scribbled note left for me to find...

Notice the arrows, pointing to three different food items, two of which aren't in the pic, btw. And notice the "Ctrl" which, I know coming from him, means he is suggesting government control with sale prices made to manipulate citizens into buying the sugary junk food that controls their minds and bodies. See, he doesn't handle gluten or sugar well, it makes him doze off midday, and so he believes our government is going beyond the subsidies and such that we typically think of, where corporations and gov work together to mass produce and make "cheap" food products, to actually controlling the choices we make that keep us sedated and lulled into a mass sleep.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Soberp- I dated a paranoid schizophrhenic- it was ok as long as he took his meds, he was a wildlife biologist who specailized in Grizzly Bears, very interesting man. We didn't date for long though, we didn't break up because of his illness oddly enough, we broke up because he was married!!! Haha- bastard!

congrats on getting some sleep.

it is unlikely but possible for late onset of mental illness, if he starts nailing shut the windows, get help... I've seen it.

Weasel, when we drove up to Acadia we stopped in the town and LLBean was having a huge sale. An argument ensued and I never did get to go into the place... pi$$ed me off big time. As per normal. And we still got to the campground over 2 hours too early to check in...

Logged on to get help on resetting the clean filter light on my air "purifier". As much as I hate the internet, I love it too.
Changed out furnace filter, spent some time in French Creek Park
gonna do a thorough carpet vacuum and rent carpet cleaner tomorrow - or next day.
And maybe, just maybe, put up some more lights. I drove by a property that had about a million lights and gadgets and every possible xmas yard clutter prop you can imagine. I'll have to go back in season to see what it looks like. Looks like a month of work has already gone into it... yikes!

Old 11-22-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Did someone say shoes?!? Wish I were shopping with you Marty! I go crazy for shoes! Have fun!
Old 11-22-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Weekend away with mr p for a good friends wedding.
I feel so hungover ..... I didn't touch a drop. Gave away both of my glasses and bought myself an orange juice.
I seem to be coming down with a water infection. .. won't go into detail but so not fair.
At least I am guilt free.xx
Old 11-22-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Soberp- 1984 is one of my favourite books
But I'm not really the overly paranoid type, I'm not a huge fan of governments!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
He keeps the camera on the desktop covered up with a thick piece of paper taped over it.

I used to keep a piece of tape over the camera on my old laptop, because...
a. I didn't know how to use it, and
b. I saw a news program once that said creepy people can hack into your camera and turn it on and you wouldn't even know.

But since I purchase my mac, I haven't taped over it, because...
a. Mac's are suppose to be hard to hack, and
b. I don't really care anymore.

I still don't know how to use it though.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

My mom saw that news program too Olive, thats why she covers the camera
Old 11-22-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post

Here is a typical scribbled note left for me to find...

Notice the arrows, pointing to three different food items, two of which aren't in the pic, btw. And notice the "Ctrl" which, I know coming from him, means he is suggesting government control with sale prices made to manipulate citizens into buying the sugary junk food that controls their minds and bodies. See, he doesn't handle gluten or sugar well, it makes him doze off midday, and so he believes our government is going beyond the subsidies and such that we typically think of, where corporations and gov work together to mass produce and make "cheap" food products, to actually controlling the choices we make that keep us sedated and lulled into a mass sleep.
Hmmm, I hate to say this but I can actually kind of agree with him on the sugary foods thing; but I more lean towards the angle that they want us sick so they can make a fortune of pharmaceuticals, hospitals and private healthcare ( usa)
Thats kinda why I enjoyed the paranoid guy I dated, he was super clever so his theories were always wildly interesting and got me thinking anyway
Old 11-22-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Anyone who had to spy on me would be suicidal with boredom after half a day or so

Hope you feel better soon petals
Old 11-22-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Anyone who had to spy on me would be suicidal with boredom after half a day or so
Old 11-22-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I heard that George Orwell one time said, 'I wrote it as a warning, not an instruction manual.'

took time out for lunch - chicken thighs was gonna be tacos that morphed into a one pan thing with black beans, rice, onions, peppers... comfort food

Old 11-22-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everyone!

Sao, I adore roast beef, horseradish and rocket sandwiches. That sounds divine!

I'm having coffee and the child is snoozing next to me. I love the smell of a sleeping baby. So cozy, sets off all kinds of maternal feelings and this isn't even my biological child!

And when his warm little hand reaches out and grabs my arm, so so precious!

I have no idea how I'm going to tire him out today if it's so snowy outside. I'm sure he'd love to play out there but that's my idea of hell. I'll have to suck it up and het out there, though .. I can already tell. Some things I am not good at making the best of.

Getting cold and wet is one of them.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

sorry to hear of the cold snowy weather some of you are experiencing,
think of poor BigS probably cleaning off his surfboard right now... having to deal with that sand and all can get annoying...

I cover my camera lens with a 'post it' - can't be too careful...

why not? one of my fave Bowie albums...

Old 11-22-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Below is the distant Scottish Isle of 'Jura' where Orwell holed up to write 1984 in an old, rented, very remote Farmhouse. Geeks of all types make the 4WD Trek to that venerable Site. The twin Peaks are the 'Paps Of Jura'. Reminds me of Jill Goodacre for some obtuse reason...

As the Story goes, he was out in a Rowboat. He almost got sucked into this open Ocean Whirlpool that Tidal Flow causes, in conjunction with some Seabed Formations. He was tossed out, and swam to a local, deserted Isle that had been a Slate Quarry. As in, Slate Roof Shingles. He used an old Whale Oil Lantern to signal a passing Boat, and was rescued. Almost no 1984...

- Corryvreckan Whirlpool Rotating A Lifeboat -

Cellphones 'ping' Towers. Even when not transmitting. This is how a System knows where you are while moving, and rings your Mobile Phone only at your current location.

In a 'Big Brother', Court-ordered use I strongly support, Women Abducted while Jogging have been found by their Mobile Phone location being triangulated off 3 Cell Towers. Location accuracy is to within 3 Meters or so. Close enough. Think Silence Of The Lambs.

While building this House alone, I kept the optional '911' Locator Function invoked. I wanted to be found if I lopped off a Limb with a Power Saw.

Oh, and Olive... That Leopard Thong you wear while on line is smokin'!

Old 11-22-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Shopping was mercifully easy. Shoes, two sweaters, jeans, socks, and black dress pants for the boy who grows an inch a month. Dress pants are for choir. All 40% off! Black Friday starts the Sunday before, evidently. Did not know that setting out - 3 stores, all 40% off. Whee!!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Lunch now. Vietnamese rice noodle salad with beef and onions, shrimp spring roll. Yummy and pretty healthy.