SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/379679-thanksgiving-holiday-edition-weekender-pt-2-a.html)

Dee74 11-22-2015 03:59 AM

Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 2

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...kender-20.html

:dee

D

Healthygoals 11-22-2015 04:01 AM

Stayed sober all weekend!

Tetra 11-22-2015 04:03 AM

Part 2 already! :)

melki 11-22-2015 04:04 AM

SHOTGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care, I don't care, no one called it!

melki 11-22-2015 04:05 AM

Lorax, are you seeing this? Move over! IT IS MINE! ALL MINE!!!

melki 11-22-2015 04:07 AM

Dutch baby in the oven, my daughter is camping out in front of it, watching it rise. :)

Weasel, I really enjoyed reading about your workout experience. :D

Weasel1966 11-22-2015 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Healthygoals (Post 5655409)
Stayed sober all weekend!

That awesome healthygoals!!!!!! What worked for you this weekend? Do you know what went well and what might be challenges in the future? Is time of day a big deal for you as it is many here including me?

Keep going strong! I want to hear about how you are doing!

Ken

Healthygoals 11-22-2015 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 5655426)
That awesome healthygoals!!!!!! What worked for you this weekend? Do you know what went well and what might be challenges in the future? Is time of day a big deal for you as it is many here including me?

Keep going strong! I want to hear about how you are doing!

Ken

On weekends it's late afternoon when I'm tired from tackling household projects or having been out all day girl shopping with my daughter. In retrospect it is the T of HALT. I've been killing it with coffee and something sweet and reminding myself of past embarrassments and feeling like garbage the next day.

I've also been doing this after work during the week because my drinking was starting to occur during the week too. I knew I had to stop this before I began daily drinking and then around the clock.

I've actually, in the past, as an RN, assisted patients through detox on an inpatient psychiatric unit. My job now is at the director level in health care but I still recall my old patients.

Off for a big mug of coffee.

Thanks for asking!

melki 11-22-2015 04:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ta da!

melki 11-22-2015 04:34 AM

It is very, very good!

MLD51 11-22-2015 04:50 AM

Oh, I love that you made a Dutch baby, Melki! And it's easy enough that your daughter can do it herself in the future! Isn't it fun?

waywardson8260 11-22-2015 04:52 AM

Good morning! I'm having a good cup of coffee to start my Sober Sunday! Liiks good Melki!

Della1968 11-22-2015 04:53 AM

I just ran out to make one no eggs! :headbange

saoutchik 11-22-2015 05:06 AM

Groetens Nederlandske kindje

Looks good Melki

Well done for working out Weasel

Freezing here in Hainault - had to put the paraffin (kerosene) heater. Don't like to - it's not exactly green but I cannot work with freezing cold hands can I?

My dad has COPD too, he is really thin now. I am lucky in that I quit ciggies a couple of decades before alcohol got its claws into me as I could never quit if I was still drinking. After a couple of failed attempts I realised that I would have to avoid alcohol - especially this was the 1980s and pubs, bars, clubs and restaurants were all places you could smoke freely. In those days not drinking was still fairly easy though I missed the social aspect. Saving money was important then too

Good luck to all you ciggies quitters

melki 11-22-2015 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 5655459)
Oh, I love that you made a Dutch baby, Melki! And it's easy enough that your daughter can do it herself in the future! Isn't it fun?

Yes, it's fun! Kept my daughter entertained and excited watching it grow. :D It's extremely easy to make. I have used the same proportions to make a skillet variation of it before, didn't know that's what it was. I like it savory. Thanks so much for the recommendation, it's so good, and it comes out fluffier from the oven. :) Excellent option for the weekends!

saoutchik 11-22-2015 05:09 AM

Well done Weekenders for hitting Part 2 so quickly :)

Ruby2 11-22-2015 05:34 AM

Good morning everyone! Glad you made it healthygoals! That's the best to wake up with no hangover. Speaking as a former day almost all day drinker, you're a wise woman to quit while you're ahead. It was grim.

I'm going to risk the kids not burning down the house to go to a meeting. My mother in law left at dawn to get home. Which I wasn't expecting. She lives reasonably close but she lives by Soldier Field where the Bears play and it's game day and they're in town. Traffic gets bad.

So, I'll check in later. Dutch baby? I've never had it but I'll have to check it out. I've seen it on menus but never wanted to wait for it. Impatience.

gettingsmarter 11-22-2015 05:47 AM

Weasel LOL! It sure does make the o'l gym work a about twice as easy and 3 times more fun when a looker is next to me on the eliptical. I only look once but the eyes on the side of my head are still looking;) if ya know what I mean.

Good morning! Off to the Gym now:) then work:(

Behan 11-22-2015 05:55 AM

We have settled on a name for junior: Finn. He is a gentle giant and needed to battle his way into the world! His name will also connect him to this part of the island. Sits well with our double barrel second name. Impossible to misspronounce - thanks for the tips Ruby!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fionn_mac_Cumhaill

B

MLD51 11-22-2015 05:57 AM

I love it, Behan!!