Notices

Heel beat weekender Nov 6th Part 2

Old 11-08-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Old 11-08-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

SoberP, You can check the size of the photo before you link it...anything over about 700 X 800 will be too big for forums, generally. Just right-click on the image for its pixel size.

Those sweaters are cute - I see my neighbors' greyhounds in solid colored blankets that repel rain.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Potamus those are adorable! I especially love the one with the squirrel! Ha!

Wonder if Trader Joes sales have picked up since they became a staple on weekenders?!?! The cinnamon broom is on my list for this week! I vaguely remember my mom having a cinnamon broom when I was little. Hope the smell doesn't bring back bad memories ha !

Leftover veggie fajitas for dinner with a few pieces of Halloween candy for good measure
Old 11-08-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

The cinnamon broom is making my whole house smell wonderful. I was thinking of getting another one but there is no needtoo.one is plenty. I don't how long the fragrance will last. I love cinnamon, and have cinnamon candles also.
I bet trader Joe 's she's have risen, not to mention GAIN.
I the best day, TWO naps. I am ready for monday.
my spinach pie was yummy.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I put my dog in his thunder shirt during storms and he acts like I am inflicting the worst abuse on him.....head down in shame, tip toeing through the house. Can't imagine he would tolerate a sweater. Although the squirrel one is pretty cute.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Holy carp! I return to an intimidatingly long second thread. Went to church, went to visit my parents by myself, went and bought a pair of boots, came home, nearly had a stroke I was so angry at the mess in the house, am now making a pot of chili.

Non, I hope you feel better soon. Baby yourself and make sure you follow up with your doctor if it's not clearing. It took my dad forever to get rid of his pneumonia.

HaF, congratulations on 21 months! Awesome!!

Garbage bowls? Way back before the dawn of time when my mom was an infant my grandmother had a white enameled pail with a lid for diapers. A diaper pail! I used that for a long time as a compost container on the counter but have noticed that there's unfortunately a hole in the bottom now.

Back to my chili.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

My dogs all tolerate their winter jackets. It's probably more for me than for them. But it makes me feel good to know that they aren't cold during our morning walks. I don't have them wear them unless it's really pretty cold. My two bigger dogs have coats that are like blankets that tie around them. Kinda like horse blankets. My little dog has a pullover fleece coat.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I've wanted to get a little doggie coat for my canine niece. But do dogs overheat in them?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I don't have pets, but I'd love to have dogs and cats around to keep me company. Being a renter - and more importantly, a single, avid traveler - I've put all pipe dreams of having pets aside for now.

Just spoke with my dad, it's been one month since I left his house after his stroke. He's doing great, his speech has almost fully recovered, and he's definitely more upbeat. Was really nice to discuss "regular stuff" and not "stroke stuff" and I think he felt the same way.

I never had evening conversations with parents or friends on Sundays when I was drinking. By 6pm I'd be too drunk to have a conversation and avoided all phone calls. Great to be mentally and physically capable of chatting to whomever, whenever I choose!

Another sunny weekend here in Central America on the Sierra Madre de Chiapas mountain range. A perfect 77 degrees today and the forecast for the rest of the week will be similar.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that about your father, Big S.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Tis stormy out - weigh down the cat. And if you have any rubbish in your garden that you don't want, fling it over the wall into your neighbours yard and blame the storm
LOL! Thanks for laugh Tetra.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Brynn ~

Consider a Career in Politics. Of all the giggles in this Thread this Weekend, your utterly-contradictory Post provided me a true LOL moment at the Dog Park:

1). 'And for the record....I want to rent a man for the weekend PURELY for home repair and maintenance purposes.'

2). 'Although....benefits with no strings attached would be nice.'

Besides Tetra's sage advice, the other giggle was hearing this Classic on the Radio, and honing in on the Lyrics. Afterward, a commenting Pundit voted this 'The Most Sexist Song Ever'. The secret to Songwriter Burt Bacharach's 4 Marriages might be in his 1963 Retro Lyrics...

- 'Wives & Lovers' ~ Julie London -

Superb News, BigS. Mom Stroked Out the morning of her 80th Birthday, and passed away half-paralyzed in a Nursing Home ~1.5 Years later. Rough stuff.

A much-needed respite from a taxing Life at the Dog Park today...

Old 11-08-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
I've wanted to get a little doggie coat for my canine niece. But do dogs overheat in them?
I've read that it's a common misconception that animals don't get as cold as we do. I'm at least going to get them one of the thin stretch fleece coats.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thanks, SP. I think a fleece coat sounds a little more breathable.

Mesa, the pup of yours has such a sweet mug.

Love Burt Bacharach tunes. Here's an oldie but a goodie that you don't see much:

Old 11-08-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I might have a stroke if my insane family calls me one more time!! I'm literally crying with frustration right now. I'm sick of being the peace keeper/buffer/go-between person! I screamed into a pillow for a few minutes and that didn't help so I'm biding my time....stepping back like bigs said the other day to try and get perspective before....well, before I do something stupid I can't take back.

In other news....Mesa, I knew when I posted that little blurb it was convoluted ha!...what with trying to stay family friendly and all....you get the drift but I'll put politics on the short list. Might as well...I'm an ex drunk with a criminal record

Glad to hear your dad's doing so good, bigs! I'm sure it's a huge relief!

I thought of y'all tonight...Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004 on Palladia. Got to see James Taylor....before the family drama started.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I am here Safely and soberly tucked in bed
Old 11-08-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Sweatered dogs. Soooo funny, irresistible! We saw Bridge of Spies. Very good. Makes me want to learn more of the true story.

Home, getting settled in for the night. Bed...mmmmm. I am still so tired. Feel ok, most of the time, but I tire early in the day. You all are my rock. I admire you all so much. I will be back online in the morning.

Tetra, I live a bit out in the country, and everything unwanted-- tree limbs, old fence wire, rocks, hunks of concrete, old tires -- is in constant trade over boundary fences. No one says anything...you just run upon a pile of junk now and then when checking fence. Storm not required!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good for you Della! I was just wondering when you'd check in! How was the train??
Old 11-08-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Not very impressive it was basically a big bus. But it was only a 3 hour ride..I am tweaked though because when I called and made my reservation for the hotel I specifically asked about a shuttle service. They assured me they have one.....they neglected to tell me they don't have one Sun evening. Hello McFly what were my reservations for?? Starting Sun night!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Omg! What ding dongs!! What a way to start off!! Well...you're at the hotel and sober at least. Hope you can sleep good.