Notices

Heel beat weekender Nov 6th Part 2

Old 11-11-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Saochik, you must have been standing too close to the volcano down here, because as Behan said you were on fire there! Good stuff, got a legitimate LOL out of me.

Speaking of LOLs, I was able to catch the premier of Peep Show tonight! Old Mark and Jez (and even Superhans with his troubling drug and alcohol problems) always get a laugh out of me. Great TV show, glad it's back for one last run.

I am debating watching episode 5 of "Fargo" tonight, gotta make a decision soon. If any of you haven't watched it yet, it's quite fantastic! Fargo on FX

Busy day today. Went to the pharmacy, grocery store, outdoor marketplace and even stopped for firewood on my 1-hour lunchbreak today. I cut it close, but managed to get back at my home office to finish up the day. Feeling happier than I was last week, which is good too. Managed to check off plenty of looming "to do list" items and feel more secure about some stuff. All good.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Saochik, you must have been standing too close to the volcano down here, because as Behan said you were on fire there! Good stuff, got a legitimate LOL out of me.
Indeed, and I'm still chuckling over Boris, the cat who dresses for dinner.

Has the volcano calmed down, Big S?

MLD, Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service. Same for anyone else here who is a veteran.

Behan, the big day has to be getting really close. Thinking of you!

Melina, did you wind up getting the ice cream? It had me darn tempted.

SP, glad to hear kitty is recovering nicely. And no more cramps for the girl cat.

Ken, thank you -- as always -- for this thread. Everyone here always provides such fun, lively conversation. And it is such a good reminder of the hope-filled lives sobriety makes possible.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Has the volcano calmed down, Big S?
Yes, the eruption has slowed down and the period of increased activity has come to an end:

Fuego Volcano eruption subsides in Guatemala
Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good luck, Tomorrow, Bim. It might be fun! A job you don't have to take home with you - I'd like that.

Raining hard here, and getting very windy. Great night to curl up with a book. I had to work the box office tonight, then the kid and I went out and grabbed a bite to eat. Nice to be home with the kitties and the doggie.

See you all on the new thread!
Old 11-11-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow, Bim. Hope you have a great first day.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! So sweet, you guys.

She called and told me to come in Friday instead of tomorrow. Reprieve! She has her day booked tomorrow. Also, I have to get a food handler's card. Things are easier now than the last time I was in food service. I can do it online now.

I am really grateful it was so easy to get this job. It will give me confidence and make it less stressful for me to find something that pays better. If I survive the holidays and Super Bowl, I should settle into less hours and it will be a good time to be looking again. Of course, who knows? Maybe there will be opportunity in the store - I have no way of knowing.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, though. I've placed so much negative pressure on myself about all this. I finally just had to go and do something - anything - to get me out of my head that was telling me no one would hire me and that I would freeze in interviews.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Hope no one was offended by my little quick fire session last nigh

Youu have so got this bimini

Behan here's to you on what will be a special week

One episode of Fargo behind this side of the pond

900 posts just about - good effort, thanks Ken and Mex, it is appreciated

See you on the "other side"
Old 11-11-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Yes, Venecia! I did get the ice cream. I'm having a huge bowl of it right now and it's awesome! Salty and sweet!

I bought some pajamas for me and my boys and a Captain America action figure for my little boy. He was so happy he was hugging it! And a Spider-Man hoodie with the spider eyes in the hood. He was a happy camper, it was fun!

Now they're in bed and I am enjoying the heck out of this ice cream.

Have a great first day of work on Friday, Bim!

See you guys in the morning on the new thread!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Ken, thank you -- as always -- for this thread. Everyone here always provides such fun, lively conversation. And it is such a good reminder of the hope-filled lives sobriety makes possible.
This, Venecia! Thank you, Ken!

THE HOPE-FILLED LIVES SOBRIETY MAKES POSSIBLE

That has a beautiful ring to it!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning