Notices

Heel beat weekender Nov 6th Part 2

Old 11-08-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

In all honesty, I absolutely love getting up early with my daughter now and cook breakfast on the weekends. When I was drinking, I never had the patience for that before.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

oh-em-gee! speaking of 'D' as I was shopping for a new can opener - one with a cranking thing. Never owned an electric one, never will.
I saw that rachel ray is selling garbage bowls for over ten bucks a piece in most of the fine stores near you. WTD? Another sign of how stupid our society has become. No offense if you already bought one.
I had the hots for her when she first came on the scene - I think it was that cutesy giggle - yeah.
Talk about marketing genius! And this lady isn't a 'real' cook! Weasel knows more about cooking than RR. No dismissing any real chefs here.
So I'm killing time while the potatoes are boiling to make pre-leftover mashed etc. for wife's lunch. Made a giblet gravy with diced onions and mushrooms too.
I could spend all day in the kitchen - my home in my home.

MLD - those same planets will still be there tomorrow morning... I should have taken a pic of it. Very bright in the black sky behind the house.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Merry Christmas LBrain!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

SMH about the garbage bowl. I must be a genius. I've been using garbage bowls for decades. I could have been a millionaire if only I had thought to market it. :p
Old 11-08-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nonsensical, hope you feel better!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

We use a garbage bowl for the compost pile.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Search Meister, here, had to look up this term. I'm thinkin' 'WTF is a Garbage Bowl'? A Mur_can 'solution' in search of a problem. That doesn't need solving. We use a beat-up Tupperware Container. If/when it goes, I'll cut away much of the top of a Plastic Gallon Milk Container, but leave the Handle intact for carrying. 'Round here, that's just how we roll.

To make my Millions, mebbe I'll invent a TP Holder that doesn't work if you don't put the TP on correctly whereby the Paper rolls off the front. I'll send you BS-style Pix from my new Digs in Tahiti.

I thought 'Garbage Bowl' was me and a buncha IL Polacks at a Detroit Bowling Alley with Pitchers of PBR, or similar Swill, goin'. As my very-Polish FIL told Da Wife when a Youngster at her Gran's Detroit Funeral when she balked at kissing her goodbye: 'Xxxxxx, it ain't the dead ones you have to be scared of'.

A full-on, formally-trained Chef in our Family doesn't keep Guns around. This is good. She'd Shotgun her huge Flat Screen TV if she heard Rachel Ray chirp 'EVOO' one more time.

Back in the day, see here a Pic of my Doppelganger handing out a Polish Bowling Award. Today, not so much. Only because my Hair's not yet white.

- Polish Bowling World Cup Award Pic -
Old 11-08-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Is that a bowl ye put rubbish in? And ye buy that?

I think the earlier photo montage is an american Australian hybrid: flippy the bush dolpharu.

Cleaned like a mentalist. Quick shop in ye old Sainsburys for de bitz. Now the waiting game. The weather is horrendous outside so a day in front of the fire is the order of the day.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hell yeah!!!
Attached Images
Old 11-08-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone !
bix...you got it about making changes. I've been thinking a lot about that lately, making life liveable and enjoyable without booze. For me it's getting rid of stress whenever possible.
Nonsensical. ..I'm so sorry to hear about your pneumonia. Thank goodness you went to the dr. I hope you feel better soon.
Della...are you leaving for Albany today? Just remember it's only 3 days and you'll be back home, safe and sound. You can do it.
Today makes 21 months for me. ...miracles do happen! Lol. I thank you all.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 7 of Gratitude Challenge:

Today I am grateful for books.

"She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live".

1) Probably the most important thing books can teach you is empathy. When you read a book, you choose to see the world through someone else's eyes for a while, and that's a powerful experience. Sometimes looking at someone else's situation - even if that someone is a fictional character - can help you see into your own. Whether I'm empathising with villains or heroes, that fellow feeling is something that I always treasure while reading.

2) A book can change everything. Some books are so threatening or dangerous, that people ban them or burn them.

3) I would say that almost every book I read teaches me something new. That's one of the many reasons why I do it. I love learning.

4) A book can be a friend. I try to look for books that push my thinking and help me to understand the experiences of others.

5) A book can bring people together. Some of the best conversations I've ever had have revolved around books.

I have lost myself between the pages of so many amazing books. I have gone on adventures, travelled the world, learned valuable lessons within the pages of stories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1446994437680.jpg (39.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 11-08-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I liked Rachel Ray back in the day too

And I use garbage bowls now. It turns out they are very handy especially when you are chopping lots of veggies. It makes clean-up quicker. I use any old bowl.

G'morning people, it's Sunday. Now I'm thinking of traveling across country by train.

I've got laundry today, and another load of dishes after I unload the dishwasher. Will be working through the first section of a niche Proofreading course I'm taking as well.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Della, I didn't comment earlier about your biz trip because it's something that I wonder about myself. I've yet to travel sober, and so it's one of those big questions in my mind - how will I handle it?

I'm really odd when my routines are broken, I mean sometimes I do fine, other times it's extremely stressful for me. Whenever I've traveled in the past, I usually made sure I could drink. It was the way I dealt with the stress. Which in turn, created more stress of course, and we all know how that goes ...

Della, I've thought about this, and personally, I prefer to always have drinks I like nearby, that's coffee, tea, and club soda/seltzer, mineral water, etc. Also, you might think of a plan for when you're in the hotel room (assuming you will be in one), like have them empty out the minibar if possible, and get a room not close to a bar or lounge in the hotel, and maybe plan to watch a favorite movie on TV.

Above all, just remember ... no matter what happens ... you no longer drink. Just gently remind yourself that it's ok to have thoughts, but you don't have to act on them.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
. A full-on, formally-trained Chef in our Family doesn't keep Guns around. This is good. She'd Shotgun her huge Flat Screen TV if she heard Rachel Ray chirp 'EVOO' one more time. .
I cannot stand watching her cook - because of EVOO and many many other things. Blechhhh.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Tetra, you should take a look at our Reading Sober thread
Old 11-08-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks SP I think that is my biggest worry about this. I get tweaked whenever my routine gets changed. I know this is an issue in my whole life. Great minds think alike I asked them to empty the mini bar when I booked the room. Thanks again all I will probably make you all crazy the next few days!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Congrats H&F! You on it!

Great Minds think alike. So do you and I. I'm all over your GIGO Equation of lowered Stress -> leading to lowered need to Drink. Being the only Stuckee not Drinking at small, House Dinner situations is my main Pisser these days. Just don't want to do that. Folks feed off one another, and the Evening swirls down the Toilet pronto. So, I'm Boycotting those Scenarios, and taking back the Night, so to speak. I have that indisputable Right. Meals out - even in Bars - are non-issues. Perhaps because I know I get to leave the Scene of the proverbial Crime once the Bill gets paid.

Behan ~ Here's our no-BS Waitress ringing out our Bill at 'Shooter's' a few Months ago in - where else - Rifle Colorado. She's packin', as were all the Servers. A Glock 9 mm is shown. Betcha they haven't been robbed in a while, eh? A U.K. Gal Pal in a lil private Chat Room we hang in was astonished at live, lethal force on her Hip while a yellow Placard warns of the danger of slipping on a Wet Floor. Hee hee, Irony that didn't occur to me...

A Fella at the Dog Park yesterday had heard of 'Shooter's', and was amazed at the concept. He said his College Roomies from Australia were just astounded at Open Carry Law here. When in Rome...

Great planning, Della! You got this one! We're all Supporters here. Some are Athletes. Ergo, log in here when you need to find Athletic Supporters.

- Shooter's Grill ~ Rifle CO -

A Song about the Wild West. Written in Reggae Beat. That's always cracked me up somehow.

- 'Once Upon A Time In The West' ~ Dire Straits -

Old 11-08-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Not sure if Mesa is referring to John, Lech, or Shayna

And I predict much weekender usage of WTD in the foreseeable future!

Finally had to turn on the heater this morning! I love that smell...cozy.

Now I've gotta go back and read the end of the first thread!
Xo
Old 11-08-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

WHAT THE DOLPHUCK!!!

Old 11-08-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good for you getting prepared in advance, Della! I like my routine, too, but getting prepared for a change does help with the anxiety.