Notices

Heel beat weekender Nov 6th Part 2

Old 11-08-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
saoutchik

No blue velvet Ven but it made a mess of my snazzy overalls (we sell them at work - to racing teams among others and they buy top notch stuff which they promptly cover in logos, I liberated a few pairs for myself).

Think we have soggy bottoms in the UK too Bim, I do at least. The Mormon thing - do the men have to wear dresses too or just the "special" underwear
Old 11-08-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats HAF!!
Old 11-08-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Wow...thanks for the link back, Bim. I had missed the whole end of the earlier part!

Trees post was really excellent, poignant, true. And as usual, such a post brings out the best in others here, with wisdom and understanding.

Favorite line:
"It's not the drinking, is it? It's what's going on in your life that you try and stuff in overflowing drawers. Stuffs gonna spill out."

Indeed.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone -you are the best.
I plan to make a spinach pie today from the Moose wood cookbook. You can fine it online if you are interested. On of my favorites. And I may get split pea soup started in the crockpot. That should do me for the week. Football game at 2pm so I better get to the store for ingredients.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

To the rest of you miscreants...I'm glad you all are so accepting of my after-hours pastimes!

Thanks for the support concerning my guests next weekend. I feel more confident. I just need to get the word out to them early. It will probably change what we do...go out more, stay in less... I will definitely take care of myself.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Thanks everyone -you are the best.
I plan to make a spinach pie today from the Moose wood cookbook. You can fine it online if you are interested. On of my favorites. And I may get split pea soup started in the crockpot. That should do me for the week. Football game at 2pm so I better get to the store for ingredients.
I love that cookbook, one of the few I've kept for years and years.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

Think we have soggy bottoms in the UK too Bim, I do at least. The Mormon thing - do the men have to wear dresses too or just the "special" underwear
No, but what is the special underwear?

The men almost all wear white shirts, though. No one has been able to answer my question of why that is.

So, they allow drinking of hot chocolate (also has caffeine) and Coke/Pepsi etc. I don't like Coke, Pepsi. Seems pretty odd. My guilt knob is turned up so high that I can't lie about anything, and I'm not willing to give up coffee and tea, so I guess I need a different church.

One where you can wear pants - or even jeans. I know a lot of the more modern churches around here people dress casual.

Meh. I think I'm off churches for a while again. Now how to tell the missionaries to stop coming by...

I'm such a wimp, I'll probably just stop answering the door. ugh.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Bim, good luck...give any missionary an inch and they'll take a mile, usually! Known for their zeal and persistence, by definition! Do guard and take care of your own already-good soul!

[Meaning no offense whatsoever to you or missionaries or to anyone's belief system, for the record.]
Old 11-08-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Bim - Google Mormon magic underwear.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

No, I understand, Bix. No one here will take offense.

You'll notice nobody else is touching this topic with a ten-foot pole

Religion. Not a favorite topic in a recovery forum. Just something I'm dealing with and trying to figure out the best way to disengage. I guess honesty is always the best route. I'll tell them I can't subscribe to their doctrine.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Bim - Google Mormon magic underwear.

oh. my. How did I live this long without knowing all this stuff?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I am signing off now, probs for rest of day until bedtime. Though I may have some time before I go to movie with friend. I have a work issue to deal with, and must cook, clean, and email my soon-to-visit guests before I go out later. You can bet I will be on the weekend thread a lot next weekend, too. Is there a place I can sign up early for that bus?? Lol
Old 11-08-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Sao ~

A 'Jam Tart' is a U.K. Woman of loose Morals who can improvise on several Musical Instruments. Glad that 'Ben Dover', here, could clear that up...

Here's the deal on Mormon 'Unmentionables'. I'm half-Polish, so this non-Ten-Foot Pole will touch this Topic.

- A Brief Guide To Mormon Underwear ~ Buzzfeed.com -

Having a Night off in Denver when not opening for The Stones, Bryan Adams played a small, converted Movie Theater. Kicked A. Unknown to most, his Bass Player quit outside on the Tour Bus. Bryan picked up a Bass, and did a commendable Job in a Power Trio. That's just what Pros do. He went on for quite some time in that Config before building his Band back up with more Members.

- 'The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You' ~ Bryan Adams -
Old 11-08-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

That was a great clip, Bim! Perfecto!!
Old 11-08-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I'm such a wimp, I'll probably just stop answering the door. ugh.
I doubt you're a wimp, Bim. I don't answer my door at all unless I know the person. And I know when it's the churchy people (no offense to churchgoers, but missionary types test my patience), they usually come in pairs. I consider it a waste of their time and my time, so I just let them go on about their business, and off down the road to the next house. Same with solicitors. They can leave their card, and then I'll glance at it, and toss it in the trash, lol. Same with phone calls, if I don't know who it is, I let them leave a message.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

oh. my. How did I live this long without knowing all this stuff?
You won't look at Donny Osmond in the same way now I guess

Lol! MesaMan - Jam Tart is also old skool Cockney Rhyming slang for

A.) Heart
B.) An unpleasant smelling body function
Old 11-08-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I made a mushroom & red pepper flake & freshly ground black pepper pizza with a side of rotini pasta & puttanesca sauce with grated parm. So good together!!
Old 11-08-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 21 months, happyandfree!

You are all awesome!

I'm going to dig up my garden, today is the last day and then it closes until next year. I was a lazy gardener this year but that's ok. It's still nice being outside.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I didn't know that either. bimini, I've wondered around different churches and found a very laid-back methodist church. Open door, no judgment, no guilt. Quite refreshing.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

most interesting - I went to the store (that's a shop) and I pulled a dollar bill from my pocket to pay. It had the word "ALBANY" printed across one end.
do do do do, do do do do, it was a sign to me that you're gonna be fine Della.
I'll maybe photograph it later. Came in to get lunch ready for wife. Yeah, I'm outside doing yard work and take a break to make HER lunch.

Bim, I was thinking last night watching that thing on the Arctic, "What, do they want to go back in time and save all the dinosaurs too?" It's called evolution - EV - O - LU' - SHUN...

This will be the last cutting of the grass. Sounds so official, "The cutting of the grass." And I am painstakingly pulling out the crabgrass sprouts one by one from the 'new' grass. LEAVES! not so much fun anymore...

break is over... here is a sort of march tune for you, depending on what beat you march to...and yes, I wore my book of mormon t-shirt the other day, I just folded it this morning to wear in another six months.

Was Romney wearing wife beaters? Explain MM.

almost forgot - congrats on 21 months HAF!