Heel beat weekender Nov 6th

Old 11-06-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon Weekenders
Old 11-06-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Well Bimini, you can still rest well and be proud they won't find booze or hard drugs. Great feeling.....kind of like when a cop rolls up behind me and I don't start to panic - hello officer, nothing to see here (anymore!)
Old 11-06-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning team!

(((Potamus)))

Ego boost indeed, bim! Yeah...skip the headache next time. Stupid sudafed .

The Sopranos is one of the best written shows ever. The dialogue, the mispronounced words...all of it. Good choice for labor and delivery, Behan

Had to force myself awake from a dream this morning. So real! Still groggy and spilled my coffee all over the kitchen floor. Then realized I don't have a decent mop because my cleaning lady uses her own. Even after all that I cant wake! Blah!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

SP, many moons go I was in what I now know was an extremely toxic relationship. If I were meeting a friend, this guy would literally call the bar and have the bartender find me to say I had a phone call....Just skip right past the cell phone. Stalker much? Although not the same ballpark, I understand it is very draining to have your motives and moves scrutinized
Old 11-06-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I've never taken a drug test before. I didn't know regular OTC things could give false positives. I could have waited till today to take the test - I took it yesterday but could have waited...live and learn. I'm kinda worried that the results would go to the union guy though, so that means any jobs in that industry would have this test recorded. Ugh. Nothing I can do now...
Old 11-06-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Bum - I would hope the lab test is specific enough to show that no, you weren't on meth. I think when those quickie tests see sudafed it gets flagged because of the meth angle. It will probably be ok. I understand the worry, though. And the guilty feeling. When my interlock messed up last month I got a guilty feeling, even though I knew damn well I wasn't drinking. And I felt like I had to defend myself vehemently, because I'm sure some people figured I was lying. Maybe someday after enough time goes by all of that will fade away.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Whoops - Bim - you are not a bum!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks, MLD. Of course my mind goes to the absolute worst case scenario, "This will mean I'll never get a job in this state."

breathing now.

Online it says these false positives with lab urine tests are common.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dharma33 View Post
Yes, Weasel- I would feel so comfortable reaching out here too!! I'll be at 6 months on the 14th...can't get 'too' relaxed either. This malady is a tricky bugger!
Dharma 6 mo is great. Just hit mine 16 days ago. Stay on it. Keep that guard up.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

For me, the March Song to end all March Songs. Written to the classic March Tempo of 128 Beats/Minute, I'm told. I haven't clocked it.

Besides being the penultimate Political Anthem of the time, there's a message here about Survivors. Pete Townshend did a bottle of Brandy/Day [sometimes more], and Heroin. Detoxed. Made it. Fitness Buff and Clean Live-r Roger Daltry exemplifies strength in the R&R maelstrom. This version was chosen for you Fans of All Dudes Buff. A former Street Brawler, he famously KO'ed Pete Townshend in a Band Row one time. Pete then wrote 'Behind Blue Eyes' for him.

My Bass Hero John 'The Ox' Entwistle seen here went out in a Vegas Hotel Room on Cocaine; reportedly with 2 Hookers in his Bed. Taxed his already-damaged Heart he was Medication for.

Original Drummer Keith Moon died in the same Flat that Mama Cass Elliott died in. He took 32 Tablets of Clomethiazole; a Prescription he was on to ease Alcohol Withdrawal symptoms. 6 Tablets would have been fatal.

I'd never seen this HD Song Version before. Roger Daltrey forgets an entire Verse. A disbelieving Pete Townshend mouths 'Wow!' at the ~4:00 minute mark. You Tube follows this Vid with a live version of Bowie doing 'Heroes'.

The lure of Alcohol from that lying AV? Friends or Family trying to suck us back in 'and have just one'? The next Relationship after leaving a fundamentally-broken one? Dealing with any number of schitte situations we know we must change? This Song Title is for you...

- 'Wont Get Fooled Again' ~ The Who ~ Live Aid ~ 1985 -

Old 11-06-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
...holds the key

One of my favorites Mesa.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

BIM... that's tough. I hate things like that. But don't let that pull on you. It has no reflection on you. I know these words don't help much but know I am sending you such positive energy!!!!

K
Old 11-06-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
This thread is here for everyone.

... keep coming back. Same for everyone who is new here or worried about posting. About two years ago I found this weekend thread and jumped on, sort of feeling like I was sort of butting in on a private conversation. But I stayed and kept posting and now I'm rock solid in knowing that people here have my back.
This is such an important message, Ruby.

For newcomers or those who have been around SR for a while, just jump in. This is a friendly thread, where people are genuinely interested in each other. The laughter is abundant. The photos are, well, interesting. And it remains, first and foremost, a place where support from others on this path enriches all of us.

Sometimes it's a little awkward to jump in. I know that feeling -- I'd been on SR for nearly two years before I got active here. Needed an extra place to hang my hat, but worried (like Ruby once did) that this thread might be a little clubby.

It isn't. Just climb aboard. We're keeping seats warm for everyone.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Bum. Hah! No one here is a bum

Sao I think you answered my question about the plug ins not being supported. I do navigate on the phone using Google. Not sure if I have other options
Old 11-06-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
...holds the key

^^^Well said Venecia!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Don't think that you cannot post just because your feeling down SoberP, or anyone else for that matter. It's at those times when it is really important to say how you are feeling.

Ages ago Venecia mentioned how youthful Neil Young was looking in LB'S video, gotta say he's a lot older than me and still looking pretty good
Old 11-06-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Having my pedicure right now. If I win the lottery I'm buying one of these massage chairs. Seriously.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Sipping "Night of the Iguana" tea. Black tea, cardamom, clove, lavender and chocolate. .
This sounds wonderful, Venecia! Do you like chai, too? I'm a fan of chai lattes.

I would have midnight ribs with you, Ruby!

Hi everyone! I'm going to get ready for work now. It's been great catching up with the posts!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
saoutchik

OK so i'm no great shakes at Crazy Golf but I have just Nerf gunned a few younger members of staff and am now off home feeling much better - they never stood a chance

THANK GOD the working week is over
Old 11-06-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were ordering Pizza hut was wondering what everybody's fave pizza is