Notices

Heel beat weekender Nov 6th

Old 11-08-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Happy Sunday Sober Peeps!

Well...yesterday morning I started to think my symptoms are no regular cold&flu season thing. Took myself down to the clinic, and sure enough the doc said it's pneumonia. Bummer, but at least I feel less wimpy.

He gave me some antibiotics and also some prescription-strength stuff for symptom relief, but it just makes me feel groggy. Funny how I used to enjoy making myself feel groggy, but I don't like it when the doctor does it. I have things to do. I don't have time to be sick!

OK, enough whining.

Happy Sober Sunday, Y'all!
Nons... The best time to be sick is when you are sick. That will give you the best chance of getting better fastest. Lol

Remember when we used to be sick when we were not sick? Uggghhh... Those days were endless and horrific.

Hope you feel better soon my friend. That's nothing to mess around with. Take the time to get better.

K
Old 11-08-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

g'day
well I went to the neighbor's party. Milled about for ten minutes and realized 2 things. I didn't know anyone and they only talked to people they knew and everyone was drinking and just getting started.
Went to kitchen for a cup of chile when the younger crowd started the shots and was taking orders from everyone for shots... I realized I didn't belong there.
Then I saw a guy I sorta knew who I went fishing with once. Talked a little football and a bunch of fishing. Wife got home around 8 and wasn't up to going over. I went back and said good night.
Started watching nature events on netflix, first episode was about acrtic ice melt and polar bears, second episode was about... ZZZZZZZZS
Woke up a 0330 and got in hot tub... the moon jupiter and venus are AMAZING this morning.

Bix - invite me to your next business trip - do you play music for your strip show?
Venecia - that's a hard luck story - a shame... reminds me of the tanya thing how that worked out...

Della - just be yourself and you'll be fine - YOUR NEW SELF not your old self. Stay close and if you are feeling shaky, let us know.

MM - yeah, I read about Frampton's guitars and the plane crash, and how he got his black custom les paul back. I also read about Robin Trower's strat - it's a frankenstien, yet, they make an exact model you can buy off the shelf - not cheap

have a good day/afternoon/evening
hang in there trees - and everyone else, I may start folding laundry now. She throws it on the bed - the plus and minus of having spare rooms with nobody else here. At least I leave it in the basket. Finished a load yesterday - time to put it away. I waited a week and it still hasn't folded itself. Plus, I see a hot iron in my hands in the not too distant future.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

I just realized I could have been post 500 if I was paying attention...
I was not going to post a song cause I figured you're all tired of it by now...
BUT, 500 posts early Sunday morning! Way to go Weasel, you're leading the band, er, bus!

take care of yourself NONS - take two slices of bacon and call me in the morning.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Remember when we used to be sick when we were not sick? Uggghhh...
Actually, I was thinking about the fact that I have enough vacation/personal hours at work to take all of next week off if I need to. My first year in this job (2012) I was 'sick' so often I couldn't build up any time off.

Even though I am truly sick now, I am much healthier than I was back then.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Woke up a 0330 and got in hot tub... the moon jupiter and venus are AMAZING this morning.
I thought a hot tub was good for Uranus.

[/nyuk]
Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I thought a hot tub was good for Uranus.

[/nyuk]
It's good to know you're not feeling THAT bad... :lamo
Old 11-08-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the heads up on the thread count LB

Part two is here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D