View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
MesaMan

For me, the March Song to end all March Songs. Written to the classic March Tempo of 128 Beats/Minute, I'm told. I haven't clocked it.

Besides being the penultimate Political Anthem of the time, there's a message here about Survivors. Pete Townshend did a bottle of Brandy/Day [sometimes more], and Heroin. Detoxed. Made it. Fitness Buff and Clean Live-r Roger Daltry exemplifies strength in the R&R maelstrom. This version was chosen for you Fans of All Dudes Buff. A former Street Brawler, he famously KO'ed Pete Townshend in a Band Row one time. Pete then wrote 'Behind Blue Eyes' for him.

My Bass Hero John 'The Ox' Entwistle seen here went out in a Vegas Hotel Room on Cocaine; reportedly with 2 Hookers in his Bed. Taxed his already-damaged Heart he was Medication for.

Original Drummer Keith Moon died in the same Flat that Mama Cass Elliott died in. He took 32 Tablets of Clomethiazole; a Prescription he was on to ease Alcohol Withdrawal symptoms. 6 Tablets would have been fatal.

I'd never seen this HD Song Version before. Roger Daltrey forgets an entire Verse. A disbelieving Pete Townshend mouths 'Wow!' at the ~4:00 minute mark. You Tube follows this Vid with a live version of Bowie doing 'Heroes'.

The lure of Alcohol from that lying AV? Friends or Family trying to suck us back in 'and have just one'? The next Relationship after leaving a fundamentally-broken one? Dealing with any number of schitte situations we know we must change? This Song Title is for you...

- 'Wont Get Fooled Again' ~ The Who ~ Live Aid ~ 1985 -