Notices

Get Support Here Weekender October 23 until...Part 2

Old 10-28-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yay tetra!! I'm so happy for you!!

Sometimes pre-made fruit platters do taste bland....or like rotten apples as Behan so eloquently put it.

Just found out my health insurance premium is going up by like $150 a month next year?!?! I'm almost done paying for that stupid root canal from last year and now that money's just going to be diverted to insurance. And I had all sorts of plans for that $100 a month!! Crud.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ken...I'll be ready for shotgun around 7:40 am Central time. Just saying....
Old 10-28-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I won't be shotgun but I'll be here tomorrow. I'm exhausted after a day of not doing much of anything. I'm watching my kids warm up for the kwon do class. There's a sign on the wall that says "pain is temporary, glory is forever." That can be applied to early sobriety pretty darn well.

I'll be back at the tae kwon do on Friday. At ,5:00 they're hosting a pot luck Halloween party. Almost all of the people here are native Spanish speakers, mostly Mexican. I'm looking forward to eating. I'm bringing guacamole and chips. I saw someone is bringing chili. Someone else is bringing flautas. Yum
Old 10-28-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Do your best

Night guys
Old 10-28-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Goodnight, SW! See you tomorrow.

Weas, heavy is okay. We've all got some weighty baggage in our stories. Sharing helps lighten the burden.

There is s little girl here doing the splits in warmups. The ones where your legs are completely out to the side. Omg. Even when I was that age I was never that flexible.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I'm browsing the Target Christmas oriented catalog that came in the mail while watching kids. Selfies sticks for everyone. Trach gets the teenage mutant ninjas
Old 10-28-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

G'night SW
Old 10-28-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Snow.
Splits - I could do them when I was little and studying ballet. Now... Lucky if I can sit on the floor and cross my legs. Actually, I can do that. It's getting up off the floor that's the problem.
Taking son tonight to see the musical we are putting on at my job. The show officially opens tomorrow - tonight is the "preview" - basically final dress rehearsal with no stops. This is my only chance to see it, as I'll be running the box office for the run of the show. Looking forward to it!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Oh, I want the My Little Pony selfie stick, if there is one!!!

Old 10-28-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh jeez - watching the national news and there was a giant military blimp loose somewhere over Pennsylvania and crashing into power lines and knocking out power.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So my therapist is sending me for a neuropsychological exam. I have something called face blindness and that will be a way to see where on the range I fall. Its not something well understood or talked about. I get made fun of when I tell friends. I don't normally say much about it. But its part of my daily life. Struggling to be sure you are who I think you are.

I did more reading tonight and I have to say I feel relief and anxiety when I hear others describe my experiences to the T.

Quite strange indeed.

Its a long process so it will be weeks before I know much but I really dont need validation of the issue. There are no solutions. There just is.

I had enough today. Busy workday tomorrow.

Have a great evening!!!

K
Old 10-28-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Ken...I'll be ready for shotgun around 7:40 am Central time. Just saying....
I will be in work almost an hour by then... eastern. :0)

Just sayin....
Old 10-28-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Best wishes with the neurophysiological exam Weasel. Not heard of face blindness before, hope yours is at the mild end of the spectrum

Is this the one MLD?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151028_224855.jpg (43.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-28-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Tetra, whoo-hoo! That is wonderful news. Thrilled for you. MLD, I've no doubt the wheels of government turn slowly. Hang in there! Yeah, I could do the splits when I was younger, too. Age, huh?

Ken, keeping you in my thoughts. I hope all goes well with your exam.

Good news

Sleep has been a lifelong issue for me, one that drinking exacerbated. I've had a years-long habit of falling asleep to radio. Here, NPR switches over to CBC at 10 p.m. and BBC Worldwide at 11 p.m. Maybe not such a good idea to sleep with stories of ISIL, climate change, inequalities and the like entering my head. So I got a new radio that permits me to set a sleep timer. But I cannot figure out how to set it to radio so I've been falling asleep the last four nights to sounds of waves or rainfall. The result? The sleep has been miraculously good. I have awakened refreshed for the first time in years. This is actually a really huge thing for me.

Bad news

Cannot figure out this clock to save my own life so I've had to resort to leaving the waves/rainfall sounds on all night and using my phone as an alarm clock. It works just fine but a little beside the point when one purchases a new alarm clock. Have gone over the instructions again and again, to no avail. I need Clone of Mesa Man to figure this out. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it to work -- if I can master these instructions, I shall also be qualified to command a nuclear submarine.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good night Rogues! See you all bright eyed and bushy tailed on the morrow, safely in the hands of K at the helm.

B
Old 10-28-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! Good one Sao!

Ken, the face blindness must be so frustrating! I can't even imagine the struggles associated with it.

Oh good! We know what to get bim for Christmas!!! Ha!

Bixbees....hope your trips going alright. See you Thursday!

Bean burrito with tomato and sour cream for dinner.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the good wishes.

I don't have a start date yet, as I have only been placed on the panel but it is a step in the right direction

My Halloween candle holder looks like it is being sick

See you all tomorrow x
Attached Images
Old 10-28-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Night Behan!

Oh my Venecia! Those are some of the worst I've seen in a while! Blah!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I hope you will be okay Weasel.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

got a nice piece of yellow fin tuna -- I finally decided on tuna tacos.
It's that time of year again, actually the worst time of year -I bought a coupla tomatoes at the store tonight. Tried to pick a couple 'gooduns'. But just the thought of it...
There's only two things that money can't buy...

Weasel, don't forget, it's hollerween weekend. The ghosts and ghouls and goblins with be prevalent here.
Hopefully they are able to figure out your face blindness thing and come up with a solution. Good luck.
I sometimes get it (face blindness) too. But I think I figured out the main cause of it for myself. A lot guys suffer from it time to time. I think the main cause is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
big breat.jpg (16.6 KB, 28 views)