Notices

Check yourself weekender October 16

Old 10-16-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I'm about to leave for work, no children in tow to be dropped at school. They're both going to the doctor later. Son could go but put up a fuss and then didn't get ready.

Tetra, I'm glad you're getting a windfall. I wonder how many people actually fall for those things? Someone must or they wouldn't do it.

Work. And I'm glad it's Friday. I'm planning to attend my 7:00 meeting tonight. Then I don't know what.

See you all later.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Happy hangover free Friday morning everyone. At work and do not have time to catch up so have a safe Friday.

Don't forget to learn something new every day.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone! .I couldn't sleep last night but I'm not going to let that ruin my day. It was windy outside and I don't like wind. I have this morning off to relax....til about 11 anyway.
no big plans yet for the weekend. I'm just glad it's Friday.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

mmm lumberjacks.

It's supposed to be 75F today. Might be the last hurrah for the top left corner of the U.S. I want to drive out to the mountains, but in my old age I'm getting chicken to be caught somewhere if my 15 year old Subie throws a fit. Even though I take really good care of it...I don't like being out on mountain roads with iffy cell phone coverage with no one with me. But trees - hm. Might be the last chance to go see them before the storms blow in and blow off the leaves. Plus I've been up for two hours already at o'dark thirty. Sometimes I over-check myself.

I've already read every page on SR, because fast internet.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bimini, you will be the first to know then that I have forgotten were I parked my car 6 hours ago. Either way looks the same to me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151016_141358.jpg (19.8 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-16-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Oh no, sao! Ha. I haven't done that for a while.

They need little GPS "Find my car" apps...Maybe there is one already.

*edit...139,000,000 hits on Google.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

At home waiting for my car to be serviced. Working from home. Hardly working I mean. Nice cup of earl gray and an English muffin with butter and strawberry jam. Cat wedged next to me in my chair.

Tough freakin life I lead. I deserve a little down time. I have everything at work right where it needs to be.

Good to see so much going on. Good to see old faces return. New faces join in. And the same ole mugs from week to week!!!!

Thanks MM!!!!

Let me get back to work!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good morning all! At work with my coffee, orange juice and just enjoyed a delicious bagel. Not a bad start to a Friday. It's sunny but chilly outside but that's my favorite kind of weather. Definitely going to be spending some time outside when I get home from work today!

Weasel, sounds like a nice setup you have going right now. Hope your neck gets to feeling better. I know when I sleep funny I can mess mine up for days.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Here ya go, Troopz...

- Find My Car Apps -

Having done the Sign Up and Code-entering exercise, I'm having fun listening to You Tube Vids streaming in via Roku. So many Channels. So much time... Taylor Swift is vamping around now in her latest Vid. I'll switch to some scorching ZZ Top Vids soon enough.

Now, I gotta see if I can find a new function for that Satellite Dish-shaped Room Heater that LBrain ran across. Mebbe I could be a Rural Senior Correspondent wearing a Dish on my Head a la Al Franken's schtick on old SNL Shows.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Happy sober Friday.
Staying on the Sober Bus all weekend.
Sending Blessings <3
Old 10-16-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I'm back. At work. Not busy this morning. I've lost my car in parking ramps. I've parked and not remembered where. I've started taking a picture on my phone of the location. I always have my phone.

Weasel, sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy.

Sunny and chilly here too, ZeldaFan. Winds are supposed to pick up this afternoon and frost warning. Brr.

HaF, I'm glad it's Friday too. Hard to believe I had a short week, with Monday off. I hope you feel better. It's not fun to walk around tired.

Bimini go enjoy the leaves. They'll be gone soon. Yesterday it looked like it was snowing leaves as they were flying everywhere. Kind of cool, actually.

Time to pay attention
Old 10-16-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Mesa, those apps would come in really handy if I were still drinking. I'm sure we all have stories of "The Lost Car." I think my best/worst one I wasn't even driving. We went to a concert at a big arena. I think I was about 16, and with my most trouble-making friend ever.

"Here, take this."

"What is it?"

"Just take it, you'll like it."

*swallow *

*an hour passes *

"Maybe we should take another one."

*nod *

Jethro Tull rocks our world. I think. I remember his fingers moved really fast.

"Oh, ish. Where's the car?"

We had to wait until 80% of the cars left so we could find it. It seemed like a long wait with lots of futile panicky searching, I remember that much. And don't we always think, "Someone stole the car."
Old 10-16-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
...holds the key

As soon as I saw the word 'lumberjack' I knew Mesa wouldn't disappoint us and sure enough, he didn't. Nice pic to wake up to thanks!

On being without ranch or anything other food we take for granted.....my condolences kinzoku. I'm from Texas, but moved to a place across the country (which shall remain nameless) for a year with no Mexican food, save Taco Bell. There was a Mexican restaurant 75 miles away but their food tasted like they heated up a Swanson frozen dinner! Ugh! It was one of the reasons I had to move back. I had major Mexican food withdrawals!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
At home waiting for my car to be serviced. Working from home. Hardly working I mean. Nice cup of earl gray and an English muffin with butter and strawberry jam. Cat wedged next to me in my chair.
You are a very cultivated guy Weasel

Found my car PDQ in the end, disappointingly by recognising a Pub

Did someone mention Lumberjacks?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Can bunk off in an hour. I have no mental energy to do anything productive. Disturbed sleep all week as Mrs B's level of night-time discomfort has increased.

So I have been reviewing all of my "to do" lists. I make a lot of lists. I have lists on my phone, on google docs, and plenty of good auld fashioned pen and paper lists. One item on my list states "make a list for X"! I just realised we now have everything that was on the "things we need to buy for the baby" list!!

I don't know how useful my list making is, but it does help me manage my tendency to worry - an internal way of trying not to solve a problem or not resolve a perceived threat. I used to use alcohol to lessen those worries and then make drunken lists.

I think I just checked myself for the thread!

B
Old 10-16-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sao, you beat me to it. Was just about to post that.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Oh, Mesa. I am going to spend the rest of today thinking of you as the senior rural correspondent, ala Al Franken. Sooooo funny.

Al, of course, is now U.S. Sen. Al Franken from my state. He's really funny in person, too, though now has to do the senatorial thing. Good-hearted guy on stuff related to addiction. His wife is "one of us" and has spoken from time to time about recovery.

Sao, I'm glad to know you're no longer wandering the streets of London in search of the Saomobile.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Thank you Sao! I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK. I love that sketch. Glad you found your car.

I lost my car in a parking ramp. I was hungover when I arrived at work so my brain was fuzzy. Security drove me around the ramp in a golf cart until we found it. Embarrassing.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Things Ruby sees on the way to work.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

hey gang, I was going to post a spice girls video but after listening to them I thought better of it... they didn't have a punkin spice anyway...

Before all the punkin spice is gone from the shelves the peppermint spice for xmas will be showing up.
I never lost my car! Sometimes it took hours to find it, but it was never lost.

I remember the days of "Just drink it" too.

have a good day - leftover chicken in a salad she gets today. I'm fasting today.