Notices

Check yourself weekender October 16

Old 10-18-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning!

Waking up clear-headed and ready to go on weekends never gets old! Hiking, football, and baseball on the docket for today. Maybe a trip to Trader Joe's also. The nearest one is 25 miles away - not too bad. Need frozen fruit for smoothies and other things best obtained there. Frozen organic brown rice. Cheese. Frozen ready-to-bake croissants. If you have Trader Joe's near you and haven't tried the croissants, DO IT. take them out of the freezer at night, put on a baking sheet, allow to thaw and rise overnight, bake in the morning. Very very good.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes

I'm in a coffee shop eating a slice of blueberry and almond pie and reading the newspapers. In one of them, a journalist wrote about her experience of giving up drink for the month of October, and she writes:

"It's just that life without drink is so samey. Sobriety is like Jennifer Aniston's wardrobe: perfectly nice, but all totally predictable".

I have to disagree with her, but I thought it was amusing
Old 10-18-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

We watched Jen on 'The Graham Norton Show' last night.

My own Opinion about Sobriety is that it's quite like Jennifer Aniston's Wardrobe. It's actually pretty hot. Not unlike any Wardrobe that has Jennifer Aniston in it.

My Happy Birthday wishes to you, Tetra, somehow didn't make the Final Draft on my Post above. I bet you don't look a day over 36! Comments like these explain my success with Women over the Decades.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I, for one, prefer a totally predictable life. No wondering what calamity my next drunk will bring into my life.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Catching up on the thread here, things do move fast!

Happy b-day Tetra. Interesting take on that column....I personally think that people who are bored without alcohol are probably just boring types of people. Your life, my life, and the lives of many others here have become much more rich and engaging without alcohol!

- Belated welcome back to Snowdawg, good to see you back, man.
- Ken, pumpkin looks fantastic, gets me in that Halloween mood!
- Mesa, sorry about the fence and the cows...sounds like you've got a good fix planned.

Drove up some crazy steep winding roads in the fog yesterday. Had lunch in the clouds at a secluded garden restaurant atop a mountain, very cool experience. Rain and chill this morning. At 5,000 feet (1,530 meters) in the Sierra Madre mountain chain, it can feel nippy this time of year.

Looking forward to a quiet day on the home front. No major chores to accomplish, no major events looming. Going to enjoy some coffee and quiet time before the neighborhood comes to life.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

This coffee shop is dead. Everyone must be at home watching the rugby: Ireland versus Argentina
Old 10-18-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Up at a good hour this morning and made it a productive one. Already finished my grocery shopping for the week and now I'm fixing a delicious breakfast. It's brisk outside this weekend but I'm loving it. Gives me more energy in the morning when it's chilly. Happy sober Sunday everyone!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Just checking in. So far, birthday weekend has been sober and fulfilling. Now I am off to brunch with family, and without a hangover.

Will try to catch up better later.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good Sunday morning y'all!

Hi ZeldaFan! You've got a lot of energy this morning! I'm still in bed!

Mesa....all that photo needs is a frame and you could sell it for lord knows what! You could do a whole collection and get rich.

Marty I love trader joes but haven't tried the croissants. They're going on the grocery list.

I'm not a fan of Sundays either. Guess I'll walk down to the creek later just to see what's new. Laundry and maybe get my car washed. At least the temps have finally dropped here yay!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Way to go turningleaf!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, TurningLeaf!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I'd be hiking by now, but my hiking partner (guy friend) says he's feeling like lounging longer. I'm about to go over to his house and start ringing the doorbell. Let's go, lazybones!!! Day's a wastin'!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good Morning, afternoon or night ( whenever you are)
Not much to report, same ole' thang
Yoga, river, cooking, study!

Oh, and I'll write to my pen pals , they like when I print photos of my travels and send them. I've been lazy in doing this lately.

Happy birthday turning leaf
Old 10-18-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

SnowDawg, hours turn into days, days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, then years...look forward to the time you are no longer counting months. It happens before you know it as long as you stick with it. Don't drink no matter what!
Lots going on. I'm starting to not like these late nights. I somehow rolled my circadian rhythm into EVT - eastern vampire time.
I was listening to the MI/MSU game on the radio. I about shat myself listening to the last play - unforgivable. Penn State may be a decent team in a couple years... maybe. Will they ever recover?

BigS - I was searching for a good fabric pen. And the memory card that came with my camera "bundle" is a piece of junk. I thought about taking it back but it was still cheaper than just the camera at best buy et al.

MLD - I had issue for the past few years 'waiting' for MrsLB to get her ass out of bed to do things. You'd think over the years she would have adjusted to the time difference - hahahahaha But she did get up at 0530 today to go to work. I stayed up and made her lunch and packed it all up ready to go in the morning. Looks like it's going to be my lunch cause it's still in the ice box.

Have fun on your excursion Mesa. I think this is a better version, even better than the Steve Earl version. Listening to this will get you home faster.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

had a raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese - something I wouldn't normally eat but it was there in a baggie - 15 seconds in micro...

where is everybody today? Getting psyched up to run pressure washer outside - I guess, who would use one inside...

Whenever you think you have a bad hair day, just think of this video. This guy has NEVER had a bad hair day in his life. Just go with it and pretend it's supposed to look like that - it worked for the Mod

Old 10-18-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Ahahaha, that video and song makes me smile, LBrain Too funny
Old 10-18-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yea, my hair looks like that most days. How's life in the PA? Been fishing lately?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

MesaMan, sounds like a nice little adventure planned. Just you and the dog?
Old 10-18-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

OK... I am going in... its just me and a 30lb pumpkin. Let's see who makes it out.....
Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good luck on that, Ken! Photos to follow, right?

Happy Birthday, Turning Leaf!

Did my first real workout at the Y since being struck with whatever bug hit me 10 days ago. Felt good. It *is* a lovely day but I'm off to spend some of it in the dark. "Bridge of Spies" has been on the top of my movie list for a while now.

I realized I joined SR two years ago yesterday, limping in two months sober but needing help. We are so fortunate to have this place and one another.

May your day (or evening) be peaceful, healthy and sober, W'ender.

Gratefully,
V.