Notices

Check yourself weekender October 16

Old 10-15-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday Sober Enders!!!!!

I guess fall is really, finally here!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2214.jpg (74.6 KB, 69 views)
Old 10-15-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Now, Olive, that's just funny.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

So funny
Old 10-15-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

That's hilarious. The pumpkin spicing of America is in full swing. Blech. It's as bad as the ranching of America. Ranch this, ranch that.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Haha, Olive! I love fall but I really don't like pumpkin flavored things and it drives me crazy how EVERYTHING seems to be pumpkin flavored now in the fall. That one definitely gave me a good chuckle.

I have to say, for the first time in a long while, I'm actually looking forward to the weekend! I look forward to sleeping in, enjoying a nice breakfast, spending time outside in the brisk fall weather and going to the movies. I got the movie times wrong last weekend so I still need to get out and see The Martian and possibly The Intern as well. I've been practicing my AVRT and it really is working. My AV is getting less and less powerful. Of course, that's when it's most important to be ready for it to rear it's ugly head. It will not outsmart me this weekend!

And with that, it's off to bed. Sweet dreams all and here's to a sober weekend ahead!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
That's hilarious. The pumpkin spicing of America is in full swing. Blech. It's as bad as the ranching of America. Ranch this, ranch that.
Do you remember about ten years ago when Wendy's was running those horrible Ranch Tooth commercials for it's ranch chicken sandwiches? I used to cringe every time one of those came on. Stupid Ranch Tooth, haha!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I'm home and back from hairdresser. Spiffy haircut. Sitting around relaxing. I'm glad it's almost friday

Marty, way to go! That's exciting. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Saoutchik, I hope you get rest. Long day. Ouch

Tetra, that is young to be in a home. Hopefully it helps your aunt. Taxes are certainly a shock, aren't they? Ugh.

I recall my first internet experience. My computer got 2,400 bps. Not Mbps. Slowwww but it seemed miraculous at the time. How far we've come.

Explaining pagers to my son. Also dinosaur technology.

Time to wrap it up for the night. See you all tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

My husband brought the dogs some stuffed animals from the thrift store. There is a six feet long snake, a mallard duck, and a medium sized brown monkey. Katie, the older beagle, is hogging them all, which is unusual, and really surprising. She is growling to keep us away. I made her drop them, come, and sit to make sure she knew not to growl or snap at me over them. Dogs get territorial over toys, just like with food. Anyway, it's Lucy who usually goes crazy over the toys and takes them from Katie. Somehow there's a new power dynamic going on, and I am cheering for Kate this time lol! It's about damn time she gets to keep her toys!!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Bim ~

Hell_yaz! ~22 Megs is smokin'! Streaming Video only takes about 3 Megs max for stutter-free Transfer, so you be in tall Cotton! Stream in Music from around the World, or do whatever. I check speeds at <dslreports.com>. Download Redneck Dude Pix at high speed now!

- Redneck Meet.com -

All my A-R Tech Tests over the past few days - especially this Morning - were to establish what our baseline Speed is: ~11.5 Megs. For Rural Landline DSL, that's hotchit. The reason I didn't bury Wire for the last 1,350' to our Gate Phone Box is because it would have dropped the speed further. Not to mention ~$1.50/ft. buried. The ~100 Megs Wireless Bridge Link won't be the Bottleneck, obviously.

I went ahead and sprung for Roku 3 Boxes, but only because they have a neato Wireless Headphone Jack in the Remote. And, a few other Geek features. A Reviewer liked the Roku 2 the best of anything out there right now, so you're choosing smart. ~$70 Clams @ Wally World.

A fine P.M. at the Dog Park after a much-needed Trailer Nap today.

From his Homeboy Apt. Lights in a Metal Barn Building being on, I know my Bastid Neighbor w/5 DUIs is in the House tonight. But, he only stays for 1 Night before going back to a City setting so he can drink more at Bars. And then drive w/o a License or Insurance. Ever since I shot back when he shot at me ~1 Decade ago, he's as quiet as a Church Mouse. Peace here on the Mesa. They everywhere 'round here. Wasted Is The New Black in some places.

Neato to hear of your Interview today, MLD. As one saying about myself in those Scenarios goes: If ya can't knock 'em dead. knock 'em comatose!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Way to go, Marty!! yay!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Marty, congratulations! I hope this comes through for you.

Tetra, when your $17.5 million U.S. dollars come through, just remember us little people, OK?

Funny to think of the first computers. The whole setup came in three Gateway boxes, any one of which were big enough to sleep in, with the Holstein cow patterns on them. And AOL. Slow and crashy.

Venecia Poppins is headed to her hometown tomorrow to stay with niece, nephew and aged mother while bro and SIL take a quick trip to Lake Superior.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Is that $17.5m per week?

Morning gang, last day of the week. Grit teeth, here we go.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

10.3/2.5 gigglybits here .

MLD glad the interview went well and i hope you get the job .
It's good to have interviewed well, regardless of that keep on searching and applying until you've got the money in the bank

Seems i've had a whole week of mondays so i'm glad it's friday .

I'm going to try and do something active this weekend as with the nights drawing in i'm couching a lot .

cheers m
Old 10-15-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Don't knock ranch till you haven't had it for two years. I asked my girlfriend if she knew what ranch was after I did a little jig in response to getting a bottle in the mail, she had no idea.

Its a sad ranchless world in most of asia. Salad dressing and dip options are bleak.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!!!

For pete sake!!! My throat thing wont go away and now my neck is so stiff I can barely move. I think they might be connected. I shall see before I go to the doctor for sleeping wrong. But I never sleep wrong.

This is frustrating. but oh well.

Heading to work for one meeting. Then drop the car off for servicing. Then work from home the rest of the day. Not a bad gig!

I used to make a ton of pumpkin fudge in my candy store. Good stuff!!!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I have had a productive day at work so far! I renewed my car insurance and got a good deal. I also bought two tickets for a show as a surprise for Mrs B for next week! The show is in a historic opera house. It's a live theatre Indian extravaganza, with drumming and food on stage!!! Mrs B will love it as she has travelled around India on a number of occasions.

I might try and do some actual work now in a while.

B
Old 10-16-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning
Old 10-16-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Friday all! A day off from my normal job today means I get to work on my start-up. The non-profit board I joined also needs some attention. I found out yesterday they are sending me to a conference next month, and I am definitely ill-prepared.

Mrs. Nons is still under the weather. It's having a dramatic impact on her voice. For a minute I thought I woke up next to a lumberjack this morning.

Middle son (22) is coming home from college for the weekend. He got a cat, so we get to introduce his cat to our dogs and see how that goes. I expect mayhem for at least a while. My hound is full of mischief, and the shepherd will probably yell at both of them to settle down and behave themselves.

Just another sober day in Paradise!
Old 10-16-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning!

Stayed up too late watching football and baseball, so I might have to take a nap later. Had to see who would be playing against my Cubs in the National league championship series. Mets. It's very exciting! They really could get to the World Series! Vegas has the Cubs as favorites to win it all...

If I get that job there will be no more staying up until 11:30. No naps the next day possible. Of course, when I drank I did it all the time, then I'd have the day from hell the next day. At least I'm just tired, not hungover. Vast improvement.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey Nons ~

I thought I'd be my ever-helpful self this Morning.

If you woke up and saw the Vision below adjacent, then you woke up next to a Lumberjack. Otherwise, not to worry...

Gave the Truck a badly needed Wash yesterday. Clean the Interior today so I and the Dog can trash it next week while Boondocking around Moab.

Lotsa Homestead Projects after I get back from there, and Da Wife gets back from a week on the Coast with a Drinking Gal Pal at some uber-swanky Resort. Everybody will be happy this way. Finally have the ~1,350' Driveway compacted and graded, and several types of Gravel put down. Do it once, do it right. Have these same Pros replace a macho Wood Ramp I built up the slight incline to the Garage replaced with Concrete over Backfill. Da Wife drove way off to one side not over the huge Beams I put in, and partially busted through it. ~ 100% Concrete Ramp with 'Curbs' is the only fundamental solution to ensure this doesn't happen again. Wire in a HDTV and separate FM Antenna to pull in more Signal out here in the Boonies to augment 'Net Radio. Revisit all the Wiring I buried in these House Walls, and properly terminate it to fire up a Roku Box for the Bedroom TV. This Sobriety stuff is hard work!

Mebbe get with ordering some Window Coverings. As the Sun lowers and blasts in, important stuff like TV watching is getting rough, due to glare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Lumbersexual.jpg (82.3 KB, 35 views)