Notices

Forgive yourself Weekender Thread Aug. 28th until..

Old 08-31-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Brain, you're turning into an entrepreneur. I've thought I'd sell stuff I picked from the curb. I'm just not as organized as you. I think it's great!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hugs Marty! It's hard knowing all the gritty details of close family members. More stuff to worry about.

Brain...I hear there's help for this kind of thing.

Speaking of help....I watched an episode of intervention last night. Hadn't seen that show in a really long time. Gut wrenching and just depressing (the guy left rehab). My question is after all these years of the show airing, do these people really have no clue about what's really going on?? Do they really think it's just a 'documentary'? Just wondering.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I watched it last night, too, and was wondering the same thing. My guess is they are too busy getting high to watch much TV. One guy on one of the episodes I watched did get a clue right before the actual intervention that something was afoot. He took off and hid, but they did track him down and eventually got him to agree to go to treatment. It is a tough show to watch.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

LOL brynn. Like alcoholics/addicts are in a sound mind.

I used to wonder why they didn't figure it out, but drunks are so full of themselves they probably think they are doing it to help some poor "other" person. I bet they are getting a little money for being on-camera, too.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey ho team!

Working through my work anxiety here. Sticking to what I know and I think I will do just fine.

Let me get back to things. Just wanted to say hello!!!!!!

Hope you are all still out there forgiving yourself today and every day.

See you later so I can catch up!

K
Old 08-31-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I used to watch it when I was drinking/using and I remember thinking thank god I'm not as bad as those poor people. Of course, I was as bad but just wasn't homeless...yet. But my legal problems were out of control and my career was ruined, yet I could smugly think I'd never let myself get to the place those people were. Foolish and false pride. Amazing how we can delude ourselves.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hugs Ken.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

That was me too brynn. As I sat drinking my triple rum and OJs and thinking, "wow, she's really bad." The only thing that saved me from the street was having enough money to do it without legal or lifestyle consequences. I'd binge-watch "Intervention" all the while thinking I had no problems.

OJ, 'cause vitamins, yo.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I'm in!

Second last day of work. I'm really going to miss it here.

Heading to town tomorrow to treat myself to something nice because I deserve it

Hope you all have a nice day!
WOW - Same for me tetra! Today was my penultimate day.

So much change in the air!

Old 08-31-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi guys dinner was lovely looking forward to an early night tonight
Old 08-31-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Ken, you're doing great if you got here to post that you're working through it.

I'm dreaming of car shopping even though I am in absolutely no need of a new car. I want a bigger car with stick shift. Like finding hen's teeth.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hi Ken! I hope your day is going well.
Ruby, I'd love a new car also. When I go camping with the doggies my car is packed to the brim. But...I don't want a car payment. It would probably be cheaper for me to rent a SUV the few times per summer I go camping. But it would be nice...
siesta time here and then back to work. Easy day. See you all later.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

A thought or a plan never actually exists until you take action. We can think, ponder, stress, and worry ourselves blue...but unless you actually let that idea out of your head, nothing will change!

Anyway, I went to the apartment administrator today, she's happy to let me switch houses in October. So I can move away from my loud neighbors who smoke weed outside. I didn't exactly rat on them, but I did mention that my lifestyle does not match that of my neighbors...she seemed to get the picture.

If there's something bothering you, worrying you, nagging at you....don't let it fester in your brain. Take action and make changes! Good luck gang.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

I'm glad your days in the hellhole are numbered, BigS!
Old 08-31-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hand waving from Wisconsin ... LBrain we found a 1890's oak pump organ on the side of the curb.. I walked it home one foot at a time.. its great almost plays again.. on ebay they are going for 600.00.. know when I get it complete and refinised it will be worth more. go kids go... I just keep trying...
Old 08-31-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
...holds the key

BigS that is awesome news! Taking action always feels good

Ardy that organ will surely bring a good price. I need to keep my eyes peeled for good stuff like that. All I ever see are broken desks and dilapidated chairs.

Enjoy your siesta HAf!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Brynn - too bad you weren't here when we had the estate sale. Good stuff that didn't sell was given to charity.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

BigS - glad to hear you took action. It's amazing how things we dread turn out ok, usually.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

I think my mother may be bipolar. Her mood swings are something else. She really should see a doctor.

However it's not my problem. I remember when I used to cry over this. I've come a long way.

Hoping to go to Dublin to see a friend next week. I have worked hard for the past nine months and I deserve a bit of fun
Old 08-31-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
A thought or a plan never actually exists until you take action. We can think, ponder, stress, and worry ourselves blue...but unless you actually let that idea out of your head, nothing will change!

Anyway, I went to the apartment administrator today, she's happy to let me switch houses in October. So I can move away from my loud neighbors who smoke weed outside. I didn't exactly rat on them, but I did mention that my lifestyle does not match that of my neighbors...she seemed to get the picture.

If there's something bothering you, worrying you, nagging at you....don't let it fester in your brain. Take action and make changes! Good luck gang.
Such an empowering message. Look out for yourself without taking from others. Live and let live but don't tred on me.

Think I got enough state mottos in there? New England.

Good for you BigS!!!