Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend June 4th Until.....

Old 06-07-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Wishing you a day of serenity and contentment mecanix.

Big S, we are at Miramar beach in Destin FL....a worthy destination. This area is known for its white sand and aqua water. I've never seen the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. I stayed at Barcelo resort on playa Tambor and its was nice. But I'm not a fan of the monkies lurking about.

Bimini, I'd love the chance to see your neck of the woods. We've never been north of SF Bay area when we're on the west coast. Brings to mind Alfred Hitchcock and the birds of Bodega Bay.

When I turn fifty in a couple of years I'd like to see the spots in Ireland that Gilmer and Behan describe and possibly Ben Nevis area in Scotland too.

Well the sound of crashing waves has convinced me that another cup of coffee will hit the spot. Then on to enjoy the day in the serenity that sobriety has gifted me on this vacation. It just feels right.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Fromadistance--Destin is a beautiful place. Lived in Ft Walton Beach on Okaloosa Island for several years.met my husband and got married there 32 years ago. We go back there often. Enjoy!!
Old 06-07-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Sober Sunday! Happy days!
Old 06-07-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ishallnotwant View Post
Fromadistance--Destin is a beautiful place. Lived in Ft Walton Beach on Okaloosa Island for several years.met my husband and got married there 32 years ago. We go back there often. Enjoy!!
When I was a boy, the holiday inn Fort Walton is where we stayed. We would get a parking lot view room and the 'kitchen' was the igloo cooler at the end of the bed. I thought we were vanderbilts when we were there though. Some of my life's best memories. My kids are a bit spoiled though and don't even like having to share a bedroom in our condo! I'll admit that I like the room to spread out a bit too.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

bacon.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
All I have is Now

Im in brother!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Someone say bacon?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bacon_bra_scope.jpg (59.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 06-07-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Welcome back LBrain.

I had a jog this morning. Well, walked quickly, jogged for a bit, then walked again. Want to make this a habit! Had brunch of bacon and egg sandwich followed by a juicy chunk of melon.

Now, more coffee.

B
Old 06-07-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Good morning! Having a cuppa withyall now.

So wonderful to read about your vacation, fromadistance! Such freedom and contentment wouldn't be possible if you were still drinking. Enjoy every minute of it.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post

When I turn fifty in a couple of years I'd like to see the spots in Ireland that Gilmer and Behan describe and possibly Ben Nevis area in Scotland too.
You can do it FAD! I have never done Nevis, but it is on my bucket list.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Nice to hear of The Stones still out doin' it.

My Bro-in-Law saw them up close in Hong Kong. Linked below is a good Song version; slowed down a tad to really grind it Home...

As her Account goes, Studio Backup Singer Merry Clayton was routed out of Bed to go sing on this Song with some U.K. unknowns who were in the Studio nearby. She laid down her Vocal in a Take or two while in her PJs. You can hear Mick shout out in amazement on the Studio version; blown away by what he'd just witnessed. Merry went Home, and had a Miscarriage; likely from her legendary Vocal exertion. While not told on this DVD, the other Stories that Merry and other Backup Singers have to tell makes for one fascinating Tale...

And, yes, the Lyric is: '... it's just a shot away...'

- 'Gimme Shelter' ~ The Stones ~ Live In Amsterdam -

- Twenty Feet From Stardom ~ imdb.com -

In other Neighborhood Weirdness, Da Wife came Home last night from a lil Whine & Cheese Session with 2 Neighborhood Gals. She's turned into quite the Normie, so I view these Chix Nights as a good compromise for us. It was supposed to be a Support Session for one Gal whose Mom just passed away a few days ago. Something quite wicked, like Vaginal Cancer. Instead, the 3rd Neighborhood Gal let it rip while sobbing re: her Plan to leave her Retired Husband if he doesn't get with Rehab when he gets back into Town imminently. Their Son called Neighbor Mom last night while the Gals were solving all the World's problems, and wanted his very high Dad gone. He's only been with their Son for 1 day. Oxy; some kind of Morphine Patch for an old Back Injury while River Running; and Alcohol. He promised to fly Sober back to see their Son and - soo_prize - that didn't happen.

This Neighbor/Addict pulled up to the Curb last week, and slurred out a Passive/Aggressive Invitation to join them for Dinner out. Ummmm, I had to stay Home that night to wash my Hair. After I grew some back in. Guy's a mess. While we're watching a few other Addict-based Marital Car Wrecks from close quarters, this one is in close proximity. Sounds like a 'Guano -> meet Fan' Showdown is imminent across the Street. Weirdness on a Stick.

Me, allz I gotz to do today is paint one Wall in our Master Bedroom. Up the Vaulted Ceiling, some sort of temp differential to the lower Attic Space of our Office/Bedroom adjacent caused the Paint to turn this weird Grey. Dog Park. Some Bachelor Cooking [easy stuff], even though I'm not Bach'ing it right now. Catch up with a College Pal nearby later today.

I'm lazy. Sobriety is too easy now to not maintain. That is, why would I want to slip-slide backwards into a complicated Life?

We love Bodega Bay so much, we Honeymooned there. Chased down Movie Locations for 'The Birds', like the Old School house just down the Coast where Suzanne Pleshette's Character lived. Now a B&B. Uber-kewl Pix at this Site linked here. Click on the Pic for a ginormous Pic File. Look up & down the CA Coast. Good Geek fun...

- Bodega Bay ~ California Coastal Project -
Old 06-07-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Pups View Post
Im in brother!!!!!!!!
Welcome pups... to SR and the weekender! Never to late to join in!

what are you doing today instead of drinking?
Old 06-07-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

One week without bacon. Well pork bacon I have had turkey bacon. I am starting to adjust. A little.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

I used to eat veggie bacon and yes, it does smell like band aids. Bring on the real stuff!
Old 06-07-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Happy b-day Mex, you are just hitting your stride. I enjoyed your reflections on turning 41 and you sound like you are in a great place. Cherish your 40's, those of us who got sober before this decade began have a lot to be thankful for. Happy b-day again!

Bodega Bay, Tambor Beach, and Destin - talks of sun, sand, and seawater this morning. I also am a fan of the FLA panhandle, that sugar-white sand is amazing and the water's great this time of year. I went to Pensacola last year and enjoyed it. Enjoy the relaxing time FAD.

Need a big cup of coffee. And breakfast. And a swim in el caribe. Going to work on all of these, slowly, and take my time today. As long as we all have our sobriety, we needn't feel rushed.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Whoopsie!

Overlooked wishing Young Pup Mec a Happy B Day! Ahem...

There once was a Dude, 41
Now Sober, his Drinkin' Daze done
From way 'cross the Pond
Of him, we're quite fond
His outlook was not moribund

Burma Shave

Below, around Ben Nevis; East of Ft. William. I'm mighty sure this is the opening Shot for 'Outlander' now on Showtime. Da Wife has burned through all the 'Outlander' Books, and is now lustfully silent whenever Lead Character 'Jamie' is on Screen in Kilt. He's a non-Chemical Aphrodisiac for 'Women Of A Certain Age'. That is, apparently, Women of any age.

I'll don a Kilt - Commando - if she'll pop into her Bacon Bustier. 'Pork Paradise' would follow, no doubt...

Irish Family Folk...

- 'Forgiven Not Forgotten' ~ The Corrs -

Old 06-07-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Quick check-in to start day 31. I'm still on the bus and still feeling good here. Now I want bacon. Thanks for that, guys.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, mecanix! 40s rock!
Old 06-07-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Happy birthday young man Mex!
Old 06-07-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

The kid is putting dishes away. Best glass teacup set tumbles down and shatters on the counter top. Shiny sparkles all over the kitchen, ooooohhhh....