Notices

Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until...

Old 04-18-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I hope Saturday finds you well. Just made a fine mushroom and cheese omelette with some rounds of walnut bread. Returned to bed and trying to catch up with everybody. So many interesting and entertaining posts, as per form. Sorry to not reply to each individual post!

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hey Sir... Good to see you check in. Everything ok? You had some things come up and was curious if everything was good.
I'm all good Mr K. Have managed a lot of family/social occasions without alcohol. Have experienced cravings, but they pass. I hope you are keeping well. No matter how difficult things get for you, always remember the people who's lives you influence for the better. Pass on my best wishes to Mex.

Seize the saturday all,

B
Old 04-18-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sobrietists!

I do believe it is going to be a yard work day. I have too many vigorously growing trees and bushes that need to be cut back or the place will become overrun.

We also have a flower bed that Mrs Non hasn't been able to decide what to do with for 3 years. I keep de-weeding it as she keeps hemming and hawing about its ultimate fate.

We bought this house in 2012 and the lot had been poorly tended for several years. The wooded section at the back was a mess of tangled, strangling vines. I declared war on them back then and spent a good deal of time cutting them off at ground level. This winter masses of dead vines finally gave up their hold on the trees and need to be rounded up for composting. I am winning the war, but there is still a vine insurgency to be dealt with!

Be well all, and keep it sober!
Old 04-18-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Faugh!

Got a call at 7.30 this morning saying g a job due today hadn't been finished so I've had to spend the morning sticking bits of vinyl to buses. I will be causing trouble for someone on Monday
Old 04-18-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!!

The sun is shinning bright here, just back from work this morning and now for some relaxation I think, it's been a long week.

World Championship Snooker starts today, from Sheffield, I visited a few years back, and it's just not the same watching on TV, nonetheless it's only on 2 weeks of the year, so I have my pot of Green Tea filled and sitting beside me!!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Let's keep it Sober for the weekend!!
Old 04-18-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Good morning, good morning, good morning!

Old 04-18-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

wow lots going on...
ZaB - I'll post that dire straights again - for some reason, links posted from different continents are blocked over here in the land of the "free".
and Pouncer - PINK is on my short list of acts to see before I die - and while they're still amazing.
last night, 'Tedeschi Trucks Band' (AWESOME!) tonight, 'Royal Southern Brotherhood'
today, cut up tree limbs that were felled a couple days ago. Also gotta change oil in car.
I like having a yard, I don't like having to dedicate the time required for said yard to be "nice". It's a lot of work. Honey is spending all weekend studying and finalizing another project. It will all be over in a few weeks. But she's already digging into masters programs - NO! Absolutely NO until you have six months working... And pass this course first...

ZaB's music for the America's

Old 04-18-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
wow lots going on... ZaB - I'll post that dire straights again - for some reason, links posted from different continents are blocked over here in the land of the "free". and Pouncer - PINK is on my short list of acts to see before I die - and while they're still amazing. last night, 'Tedeschi Trucks Band' (AWESOME!) tonight, 'Royal Southern Brotherhood' today, cut up tree limbs that were felled a couple days ago. Also gotta change oil in car. I like having a yard, I don't like having to dedicate the time required for said yard to be "nice". It's a lot of work. Honey is spending all weekend studying and finalizing another project. It will all be over in a few weeks. But she's already digging into masters programs - NO! Absolutely NO until you have six months working... And pass this course first... ZaB's music for the America's <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qTHn_sxrN0">YouTube Link</a>
Ta Brain. Not so sure, but I do recall they were very big in the 80's.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

An official good morning. I went back to sleep. Now I'm up. Gymnastics class this morning for daughter. An estate sale I'd like to hit afterwards. This evening I'm taking kids to cookout at my brother's house for my dad birthday which was last Tuesday. Tidying around the house in the interim.

I've been sleeping poorly lately. Night sweats. Ugh. Not from drinking but still not much consolation at 3:30 a.m. Then I start thinking of stuff that worries me but I can do little to rectify at 4 a.m.

War with the vines. Good luck Non. If my kids are running around in the hose playing in the water I may do some myself.

Saoutchik, bits of vinyl on buses?

PK, good that your work day seems shorter on the weekend.

Time to get ready for the day. See you all later.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Good morning gang. I'm definitely wishing I was home doing yard work rather than sitting here at the beginning of two long days of lectures in a conference room. I did, however, snag a seat in the back corner of conference room so I can keep up with you guys under the radar.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

okay, since there is a pet theme kinda happening, animal lovers will be shocked by this story. I got it from soberwolf's link to 'little things'

After Concerns Over 200 Dead Crows In Boston, Researchers Discovered The Shocking Result
Old 04-18-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Cah!
Old 04-18-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Purpleknight's mention of Snooker caused this memory to pop into my Head from a few Summers ago. We got to sit with Joe Cocker at his Table during a Kid's Charity Fundraiser Dinner because there were 3 of us. They needed 3 Persons to round out the Seating for 10. A very enjoyable Meal, and recollection. And, no, he didn't spaz around when using ordinary Silverware.-) A kind old Grandpa who looked after his Heirloom Tomatoes, and Cattle Herd. See below up on the Wall a Skull from this kinda-rare Breed of Cattle.

Below is his Snooker Table. His BIL told me it was a very nice Antique from Buckingham Palace. He also told me this long Story about how -15 F Temps in the area while Joe and Wife Pam were gone had frozen a Pipe in a Bathroom Vanity on the top Floor of his posh ~17,000 sq. ft. English Baronial-style Mansion. The Water flooded for days. They had just finished with ~$275k of Repairs to the House. Not your ordinary Woods, and Building Materials.

Very Cloudy with dramatic Fog shrouding the amazing Peaks all around Moab, here. Pix to follow. It looks like it oughta be Superman's Lair, or the Mountains in rural China. This yellow Ball of Fire - a.k.a. The Sun - is just now popping out. More French Press Coffee, with critical decisions to follow on how to screw around today while Sightseeing and doing some Hiking Lite. In Breaking News, Da Wife just Texted me that National Parks are free to enter this Week. So, off to 'Arches' I might go. There's 3 amazing Parks nearby to choose from.

'She Came In Through The Bathroom Window' ~ Joe Cocker w/Mad Dogs & Englishmen 1970
-

-
Old 04-18-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Out at the lighthouses today. Cool and crisp. Perfect light for some pictures to share later.

Bmac... Lobster shack opens in an hour. Time for my first visit this year. Just me. I am sure with visitors this summer. Invited my nephew up. He said yes. No one in my family has ever visited my home. Ever. First time in my life. Let's see if he shows.

Nuf of that . Back to the beauty at hand.

See you later!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Looking forward to those pics Weasel.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
Since I missed shotgun, being the 3rd post on the weekend thread I called "Radio"!

So I begin my duty of providing tunes by giving you a song of hope that is most appropriate for us alkys. "Drive" by Incubus.

Never heard this one so thanks for sharing. I think the last song I heard by them was Megalomanic!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

LBrain

P!ink is really good live. I saw her in Brighton years ago and she's so passionate and fun, it's an amazing time!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Good morning! Wow, I slept in this morning. Gotta drink coffee, go for doggie walk, and get on with the week. Going out to lunch today. Volunteer tomorrow. And all the weekend errands and house cleaning in between. I love weekends! ! Especially since it not suffering from a hangover.
I've never been to an Ikea!! Boohoo. We don't have one here.
weasel...I'll meet you at the lobster shack!
Seeyou all later!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Ruby...I took an over the counter supplement called Estroven when I had nite sweats and hot flashes. I think it helped.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Here are some pics from today.

HaF... Are you in Maine?

Old 04-18-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Sorry for the sideways post... I did not edit them to make them corrected.

HaF and BMac...