View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Purpleknight's mention of Snooker caused this memory to pop into my Head from a few Summers ago. We got to sit with Joe Cocker at his Table during a Kid's Charity Fundraiser Dinner because there were 3 of us. They needed 3 Persons to round out the Seating for 10. A very enjoyable Meal, and recollection. And, no, he didn't spaz around when using ordinary Silverware.-) A kind old Grandpa who looked after his Heirloom Tomatoes, and Cattle Herd. See below up on the Wall a Skull from this kinda-rare Breed of Cattle.

Below is his Snooker Table. His BIL told me it was a very nice Antique from Buckingham Palace. He also told me this long Story about how -15 F Temps in the area while Joe and Wife Pam were gone had frozen a Pipe in a Bathroom Vanity on the top Floor of his posh ~17,000 sq. ft. English Baronial-style Mansion. The Water flooded for days. They had just finished with ~$275k of Repairs to the House. Not your ordinary Woods, and Building Materials.

Very Cloudy with dramatic Fog shrouding the amazing Peaks all around Moab, here. Pix to follow. It looks like it oughta be Superman's Lair, or the Mountains in rural China. This yellow Ball of Fire - a.k.a. The Sun - is just now popping out. More French Press Coffee, with critical decisions to follow on how to screw around today while Sightseeing and doing some Hiking Lite. In Breaking News, Da Wife just Texted me that National Parks are free to enter this Week. So, off to 'Arches' I might go. There's 3 amazing Parks nearby to choose from.

'She Came In Through The Bathroom Window' ~ Joe Cocker w/Mad Dogs & Englishmen 1970
-

-