Notices

Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until...

Old 04-16-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome pic JaneLane

Riding roof sunny as anything live from SW garden
Old 04-16-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Love the tortoise JaneLane! Good to see you.

Tang, how are you doing?

OldGal, you CAN do this. But as Weasel said, post before you run into trouble.

Weasel, I don't know. I'm fabulous at fifty already. Working on the fit part. . I missed going to the gym since last Saturday because I got the bug that kids had last week. Called in sick on Tuesday. Second time since first sober attempt in November 2012. Pretty good.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey Gang ,

Thursday afternoon in this remote corner of london town . Off down the south west to see family tomorrow 240 mile trip to get there . Aunt is going under the knife monday to have more of the cancer chopped out … seems like she is leaving us by instalments , there is less of her every time i go and see her .

The gift of time bestowed upon me by sobriety is not being overlooked by me today and it is in the forefront of my mind .

These are the good times , this is the time of your life , a drunken or drug fuelled hot mess isn't really glorying in our days is it ?

Well thats how i feel today , we'll know more on tues as to if the surgery is too much for her or not , it's in the lap of the gods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_w7GHMAUw

love you all , keep on the good fight , m
Old 04-16-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in !

I hope to clean my car this weekend hopefully I can find a baby sitter it needs real good cleaning in and out. I'd love to get a newer one just can't afford it at the moment. Cars are just so expensive even used ones they still want 10000 12000 with a car that had 80000 miles on it or more crazy . All I know is I need to stay as busy as I can this weekend ! I listened to an AA speaker meeting on YouTube last night it really opened my eyes and gave me a little motivation it was about fear and relationships pretty powerful stuff .
Old 04-16-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Foryoumyson, good to see you here. Glad that You've got weekend plans started. Check in your local neighborhood news if you have one for cars. Or seriously, if you attend s church or know someone who does, there really are cars out there driven by little old ladies only on Sundays. Sometimes families are looking to get rid of them.

Mec, my thoughts are with you on your trip. Cancer stinks. Have a safe trip. Are you driving your mum or is it not her sister?

BTW, Weas, I think you are fabulous even if you're not 50 yet.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sofie.jpg

Here's my Sofie.

This weekend planning on some 7 year old soccer, getting my nails done and leaving for a business trip - all better done sober.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody! I'm in!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
hey Gang , Thursday afternoon in this remote corner of london town . Off down the south west to see family tomorrow 240 mile trip to get there . Aunt is going under the knife monday to have more of the cancer chopped out … seems like she is leaving us by instalments , there is less of her every time i go and see her . The gift of time bestowed upon me by sobriety is not being overlooked by me today and it is in the forefront of my mind . These are the good times , this is the time of your life , a drunken or drug fuelled hot mess isn't really glorying in our days is it ? Well thats how i feel today , we'll know more on tues as to if the surgery is too much for her or not , it's in the lap of the gods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_w7GHMAUw love you all , keep on the good fight , m
I hope things go okay with your aunt this weekend. Sending you love :-)
Old 04-16-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
Here's my Sofie. This weekend planning on some 7 year old soccer, getting my nails done and leaving for a business trip - all better done sober.
Sofie is beautiful! I'm so desperate for a dog but I have awful allergies :-(

Your weekend plans sound lovely!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

best wishes m...
that video was blocked for some reason...
so here is another link to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1YYUKxjeg4

I went to the box office - no way was I gonna pay jackitmaster an extra ten bucks for concert tix.
I got 8th row center for the Tedeschi Trucks Band tomorrow night... plenty of youtube on them.
Maybe MesaMan will come up with something from Red Rocks by them...
It's actually pretty cool in this small 'city' being able to drive up to the window to purchase tickets for shows. Face value, no extra fees!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, that's my turtle in my icon. He hates me. Always trying to bite.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Best wishes Mex.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I have no pets, but these are my "pet views" out of my window)))

I love the watch the sky changing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
April Sky 15_1.jpg (45.2 KB, 56 views)
Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I can't upload a picture of my beauties, picture size is too big and I have no clue how to resize it on an iPad.

Either way, I'm in.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

hmmmmmmm midnight... It looks like chernobyl nuclear power plant - not kidding...
I have pics from there that show almost the same views... eeeeeeerie...

I have a photo of my 'white' lab sitting in the driver seat of my old jeep - it looks like he's driving it... I never scanned it to digital, but the jeep was "light champgne" - metallic tan -
he looked natural in it. I removed the back seat and attached side rails around it. he'd sit on the wheel well - it was his domain and we went everywhere together.
People were amazed that he would sit there when I went into places. No doors no nothing. As soon as I got out he would take his place guarding the driver seat - always. And when I returned he would hop in the back - his kingdom. Best trained dog ever. Pancho the dog guy is nothing.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
hmmmmmmm midnight... It looks like chernobyl nuclear power plant - not kidding...
I have pics from there that show almost the same views... eeeeeeerie...
Old 04-16-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

So here's the kid's westie...looking scruffy and not too pleased with me for waking her on her favorite napping spot on the back of the sofa. But after smacking her 'lips' a bit, she's fast asleep again.

Last edited by Mark1014; 04-18-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Well, that's my turtle in my icon. He hates me. Always trying to bite.
Trach,
How old is he? I adopted my tortoises as babies and one of them was very snippy when I first got her. I don't know if their temperaments are different to turtles though!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
So here's the kid's westie...looking scruffy and not too pleased with me for waking her on her favorite napping spot on the back of the sofa. But after smacking her 'lips' a bit, she's fast asleep again.
Oh she's pretty!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldGal View Post
It is so good to know I have a place to come for encouragement! I will definitely be stopping by here to get through the weekend! IF I can do it, it will be my FIRST sober weekend since I can remember!!! I am counting yesterday as "sober day number 1"! So want to keep this going!!!! I was amazed when I logged in this morning and saw all the new posts! It's so great to know I am not alone! I feel very hopeful today!!!
welcome and good to see you!

This place helps me a lot and as last weekend was my first sober one, it was an amazing resource to check in whenever I could :-)

Keep posting!