SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

Weasel1966 04-16-2015 04:28 AM

Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until...

I don't know about you but my pets have seen me in the best and worst of times. Yet they love me still! I cherish that love. I learn from that love. Because it reminds me that I am still lovable. And so you you!

As we make our sober way this weekend feel free to share a pet picture of those that you love. Even if it's not yours but fun to share.

To our newest members we are here every weekend to support each other living soberly during the weekend when it is the toughest for many here. Including me. I really need this thread this weekend.

So jump in. Know to post on the main board if you need immediate support. This thread sometimes gets its own rhythm and we don't want anyone missed.

Can you hear it? I do!

Welcome to your sober weekend!!!

:bus :bus :bus :bus

http://i59.tinypic.com/8vxnvm.jpg

LBrain 04-16-2015 04:29 AM

First of all I'd like to thank the academy, my parents and especially my wife.
I figured this thread would be rolling by now. I logged in the report my nicotine free days.

But I suppose I'll take SHOTGUN too. :tyou

also, it's a day for yard work - tree trimming (maybe if my tree climber shows up).

Tonight I'm going to see this guy. The JAZZ FEST covers it all I suppose.

Bmac 04-16-2015 04:40 AM

I call control of the radio, second weekend in a row! :headbang:

http://blogs.voanews.com/science-wor...heavymetal.jpg

Behan 04-16-2015 04:47 AM

Hey hey weekenders!

Greetings all. I am delighted to jump on board early this weekend.

Great intro K - many thanks as always for starting this thread. Pets keep us sane and how we relate to them speak's volumes about ourselves. I will attempt to post a picture of my old dog later.

Well done on shotgun Mr LBrain, aka The Dude! Hi Bmac: hopefully you can find us some good driving tunes on the radio.

Hey ho, lets go,

B

LBrain 04-16-2015 04:49 AM

well Bmac... how about another one from Pat Travers...

Mark1014 04-16-2015 04:55 AM

Good morning gang. I'll be going out of town this weekend for business and take comfort in knowing y'all are here if things get tempting.

Workout done. Breakfast made. SR check in accomplished. I'm ready.

Have a great Thursday all.

Tang 04-16-2015 05:03 AM

Pets make me happy. Thank you.

Ruby2 04-16-2015 05:06 AM

Travel safe FaD.

My alarm is still on snooze and I'm still in bed. Cats took off for the kitchen the second the alarm went off because they operate like that. Food. I'm nothing but a meal ticket for them. They are awesome though. Seem to sense if you're not feeling well.

Best go feed them. I work today with report card pickup afterwards. Get to meet with the teachers.

Saving my yard work for Saturday. Looks like its raining today.

So good morning. Happy Thursday all. See you later.

CharlesG 04-16-2015 05:12 AM

I'm doing my first solo DJ Set saturday and typing out lyrics to give to the label for our new album !! and anything else blessed that comes my way!! and will NOT be overeating lol

immri 04-16-2015 05:22 AM

I'm in. I need this this weekend, not feeling great and tomorrow is my day off home alone until 10pm. Sticking close to you guys for sure :)

MidnightBlue 04-16-2015 05:26 AM

I am in!

immri 04-16-2015 05:28 AM

Oh and love that there's some pets saying hi :) my dog is my world I so want to post a photo but he's kind of well known in my area haha
I'm 90% sure more people would recognise a photo of him than a photo of myself!

Olive1 04-16-2015 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Sober Enders!!!!
Happy Thursday!

I do not know what I would do without my pets, such unconditional love they give.

Looks like summer has arrived in the PNW, as it will be in the 70's here this weekend. So, a trip to the beach is in order. And I really must get to the garden patch to get things planted for the season. I apparently have a busy weekend ahead.

Here is a picture of my pup, pretty much the happiest dog on the planet. He brings me so much joy!

Be well sober peeps!!!
:)

Nonsensical 04-16-2015 05:45 AM

Totes In!

Tax season is over so I have to figure out what to with all of my time! :a122:

My AV wants to make a party of it, but he's a dipsh!t and I don't listen to him anymore. :)

If the weather is good I expect to be in the yard quite a bit.

Be well and sober, Y'all! :You_Rock_

immri 04-16-2015 05:50 AM

Olive your doggy is so gorgeous!!! And weasel that pic is just about the cutest thing ever, aww
Oh man I love pets

Weasel1966 04-16-2015 06:06 AM

FaD... Calling that personal trainer today! Fit and fabulous at fifty is under way and I need that little edge!

OldGal 04-16-2015 06:12 AM

Thanks!

It is so good to know I have a place to come for encouragement! I will definitely be stopping by here to get through the weekend! IF I can do it, it will be my FIRST sober weekend since I can remember!!! I am counting yesterday as "sober day number 1"! So want to keep this going!!!! I was amazed when I logged in this morning and saw all the new posts! It's so great to know I am not alone! I feel very hopeful today!!!

Weasel1966 04-16-2015 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGal (Post 5320940)
It is so good to know I have a place to come for encouragement! I will definitely be stopping by here to get through the weekend! IF I can do it, it will be my FIRST sober weekend since I can remember!!! I am counting yesterday as "sober day number 1"! So want to keep this going!!!! I was amazed when I logged in this morning and saw all the new posts! It's so great to know I am not alone! I feel very hopeful today!!!

Hey OldGal! Welcome to SR. and the weekender thread! Please post as much as you need or want. We are a hang out spot to talk about the job of living sober on weekends.

You CAN do this. Share with us if you hit any snags. Before you pick up!

Ken

happyandfree 04-16-2015 06:40 AM

Good morning eveyone!
I'm in for another wonderful sober weekend.
Welcome oldgal...you can make this a sober weekend and you will feel so good. Stick with us. Check in often and post if you are having trouble.
My dogs are my constant companions and they make me happy.
Olive...your dog looks like such a sweetheart. They are all such precious babies.
Speaking of which. ..mine are patiently waiting for their morning walk. :)
See you all later.

JaneLane 04-16-2015 07:11 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm in and ready for my second sober weekend!

I have two tortoises who I adore :-) I had to wipe my phone yesterday so I don't have any photos of them on here but here's an adorable photo from the web!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...aacSulcata.jpg