Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come help us get through 24 th 25th and 26th of jan 2014

Notices

weekend thread come help us get through 24 th 25th and 26th of jan 2014

Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Set aside that money you'd of spent this weekend and plan a vacation for some place you always wanted to go to
The captain is right. Each week I set aside the money I used to spend on drinking, I put it in a separate account then every couple of months I buy something I really want. It's an amazing reward for yourself and it sure makes me accountable on what I used to spend.

I'm currently buying super quality clothing, investment pieces to last me years. This weekend I'm buying myself some gorgeous alpaca/silk yarn to make a cozy warm very fine classic cardigan for winter, the colour is called "watermelon" -- need I tell you it's delicious?
Old 01-24-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Saturday morning here and all good! Happy Saturday everyone!
Day 12 for me!
to everyone on here for your support!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning all 7:45 saturday here ,

Had a great sleep , it gets so nice to have restful sleep with no passing out or hangovers

Hey Ken sorry to hear your feeling a bit lonely, there are lots of nice people in the world , maybe you could organise a sober social event ? remember we're all here and like to hear about stuff .
My x-box and SR help me get through weekends when i was feeling a bit isolated , when going out my front door seemed a bit too much of an ask from my sobriety or just too much of an ask in general …
Most of my closest friends are international vagabonds , so i don't see them year to year the friendship remains even if we don't keep in touch , i guess in a way i work with a few guys in their 20's so they are all pretty easygoing and amusing so i have more than enough chatter , like the tweeting of little birds , sometimes it's a song sometimes a cacophony .

Bestwishes, m
Old 01-25-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Up way too early today. Might have been the Indian dinner we had last night. I'll get a few things done this morning and then I think I'll go for a bit of a nap.

Weather is not going to support shed work this weekend. Instead I will focus on finishing my online class and taking the final exam. I'll be glad to have that beast completed. I love classroom learning. Online - not so much.

Have a great sober weekend y'all!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Beginning of day 5 for me. Slept great last night, no night sweats or anything! Heading to work now.
Have a great day!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey everyone! Happy Saturday.

Thanks Mex... I am working through things. I don't feel forcing anything will result in anything better than when the time comes it comes.

Actually excited to get things on my list done today. Sometimes I have OCD to the max. When it comes on I feel I need to do the details to get me to feel better. So I have a bunch of things that if I do I know I will feel a deep sense of satisfaction. Mostly cleaning and organizing stuff and also doing my taxes.

Off to the gym now to get this body moving a bit.

K
Old 01-25-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Morning weekendies... ( better than having weak undies, yes)?
Anyone that is bored or lonely come to Fandy's house under major construction...bring hot food in the crockpot, bring gloves. I have to make room for the 17 boxes of cabinets being delivered next week.
you can help me clean up the loose fiberglass insulation, wash the cats, walk my dog, re organize and stack boxes...
I have no stove, no sink, no counters....my fridge is in the dining room along with my dishwasher, my coffeepot is in the living room.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Ahhh... Miss Fandy. Planned chaos is tolerable to get a planned result.

Remember when.... Chaos was unplanned? The results a crap shoot of agony and bewilderment?

Let me head to your living room to make us another pot of coffee and then we can get to work. Shall we?

K
Old 01-25-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Enjoying my first cup of coffee this Saturday morning...still after 14 months of sobriety honor the greatness of waking up sober and having a full day ahead of me. Washing floors today and grocery shopping. Banana bread with chocolate chips has been requested from my son. Reading "let's take the long way home" by Gail Caldwell reflecting on the friendship between her and Caroline Knapp who wrote Drinking: a Love Story. Both great books....highly suggested.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday! About to get picked up by my pops to go out and play some golf. Should be a lot of fun. Also plan on seeing if I can get over to an AA meeting later this afternoon. Keep rockin everyone!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Saturday morning. Feeling a bit groggy on day 16 for some reason.

I had several extremely vivid but mundane dreams last night that consisted of reading and posting on a forum that looked like this. I think the topic was different (and shifting), though. Something about cleaning the gutters and putting new filters in the furnace. Exciting stuff!

Okay, TMI
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey, everybody. Something traumatic happened to me yesterday, and not once did I think of booze! Not till now, when it occurred to me that I didn't even think of it!

Now I've got to go out and run some errands--after that I HAVE TO exercise (!--been procrastinating), and do serious studying for my online class.

(Non, I'm the opposite of you--I would be unmotivated at best to drive to a classroom, but I love, love, love online classes!)
Old 01-25-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 6.

Actually got some deep sleep last night. Figured out to turn off the heater in my apartment (it's loud) and run a fan for some white noise.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I have had an action packed day. Workout before 7 am. Cleaning the house. Getting some good food. Checking out some stuff online and at stores. I am tired! Going to watch a marathon of breaking bad the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is well and sober. If not don't feel like you cannot still post. Better to share and move on.

K
Old 01-25-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Here. Just cleaned the entire house and I am tired but my son is having a sleepover here tonight. Good news is I won't need a glass of wine to deal with it. I will be coming up on a month soon but I am not really counting the days anymore. It just is how it is.

Plus side: I have managed to lose 8 lbs even with the copious amounts of sugar and pints (yes pints) of Ben and Jerry those first couple of weeks. Working on forming some healthy habits going forward.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sober Sailor

Afternoon everyone, just found this thread. I slept great last night, first night in weeks, too bad it wasn't long enough. I need more then 5 hours of sleep before work haha. With that being said I am on a 24 hour shift at work, so no drinking for me today. Tomorrow I think I might go hike, or check out a college I have been interested in down in Seattle. ^_^. Glad to be sober, I can actually leave the house and go do things. Day 3 sober for me .
Old 01-25-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 4 done for me and half way through the weekend yay
Old 01-25-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I had a very nice day but unfortunately I feel a migraine coming on. I've taken sumatriptan and a lot of caffeine, but it's still hurting. Praying it goes away or at least doesn't get worse. I have a get together tomorrow with some wonderful new friends and I don't want a migraine to ruin it.

On the up side, I was at a friend's today and was sent home with a bunch of homemade raviolis and sauce and books and lemons. I feel very lucky to be meeting such kind and generous friends!

Hoping everyone is ok! xxoo Aly
Old 01-25-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

JustSarah - Congrats on your day 4!

Day 4 here as well in the books! Bit depressed though, will get over it eventually I suppose. Keep it up everyone.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Had a great day. Went to the salon. Came back home to massive leak from dishwasher, flooded kitchen. Turned off water, mopped. Called contractor. Remembered I bought home Chinese food. Ate it cold, standing up. Now in bed, sober......priceless!