Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come help us get through 24 th 25th and 26th of jan 2014

Notices

weekend thread come help us get through 24 th 25th and 26th of jan 2014

Old 01-24-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Set aside that money you'd of spent this weekend and plan a vacation for some place you always wanted to go to
Old 01-24-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy but lonely today. I have not made new friends yet after my move back to maine. And bars where I used to go are obviously not on the agenda. So it's Friday. I feel the excitement of time off. Have a list of things I want to do and will but none really make it so I can just hang or laugh with someone.

Not a pity party just a share.

So I will laugh with you all this evening.

Work is almost done!

K
Old 01-24-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am definitely in for a sober weekend! It is getting to be much easier and normal for me to enjoy my time off without getting my drunk on. Plans for this weekend include finishing all assignments for this week, dinner and a movie with my dad, spending some time with the new bf, shopping for and celebrating my brother's birthday, and hopefully a workout somewhere in there, also need to write a thank you note and sign up for a conference. It feels great to have fun and really be there for the people I care about because I am not drinking or recovering from previous drinking anymore.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in.. Already made my menu for tonight... Bought some comfort foods to munch on instead of my usual martini....and to bed early I go....
Old 01-24-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It just got really quiet at work. The Morale Committee is hosting an event at the bowling alley this afternoon. Free bowling, pizza and drinks. Almost everyone departed for it.

I'm gonna skip it. Pizza's not on the diet plan. Have a few things here to do, and it will be nice and quiet so I can do them. Then I can probably sneak out a bit early and get the weekend started proper.

Oh, look! The stock market is in the crapper today. Looks like I'm gonna have to keep working.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am leaving work early today as well. Going to the mountains for the weekend with some friends. They will ski, I will hang out and cook and paint, maybe do some snowshoeing.
This is the only place I go out of town where they do not allow dogs. So my pup gets to go to the doggy resort for a fun filled weekend of non-stop dog play. He is always sooooo tired when I pick him up.

The plan for the Saturday meal is a big beef brisket with potatos and cabbage, cooked all day.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

In for a sober week-end
Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Weasel, here's something mildly amusing--I got frustrated and cut my bangs, and I ended up looking like the village idiot, and now I've got to run around that way until they grow out! I guess I could go buy a wig!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Glimer... Still not as bad as what we did drunk I suppose. And I am sure you look fine... Or at least compared to how I used to look when drinking. Lol!

K
Old 01-24-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Heading into my first weekend.... we got this!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yes please.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Y'all ,
Back from work ,
glad to see you all, old and new . As a technician who fixes stuff i can be very in demand sometimes . Today was one of those days , kept getting disturbed every 5 mins with someone wanting something . got a few things fixed though so it's not so bad .

Steam cleaned my big old fat mercedes so coming home was a pleasure , i put it into "waft-a-magic" on the gearbox , i'm sure thats what W means I turned off the music and had a very quite and sedate journey .

I've also been researching Lisbon in Portugal as a short break destination so i think i might go visit there some time soon for a long weekend … stay in a good hotel and have some yummy food and pampering

Mex-m8 is being a bit erratic, but i think he's got over himself a bit , He don't have the support of SR or kenny weasel for a friend so i can understand how isolated he might feel .

Anyhoo a bit of a relax now , then take mum shopping , gonna do a friday for a change to give myself two days of no running round after other people .

Bestwishes, m
Old 01-24-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I got frustrated and cut my bangs,
I think you're supposed to mousse that stuff straight up like Cyrus and Bieber, no?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I think you're supposed to mousse that stuff straight up like Cyrus and Bieber, no?
That might just be the only thing that would make me look more hideous than I already look!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm thinking about a haircut as part of a "sobriety celebration" makeover but I think I will skip trimming the bangs.

Still at work. Treated myself to a train ride to the office today instead of driving in like they want me to do. I hate getting stuck in traffic on the way home. Trains are so lovely and I don't have to drive and curse at the futility of why the traffic keeps building so that I am creeping along, bumper to bumper, at 5 mph, swearing at the other drivers on the road.

No specific plans this weekend. Probably do some cooking. Certainly some grocery shopping. Laundry and cleaning. All the mundane tasks that I hate to do and put off.

Glad the thread is here. I was having a tough time last night. I didn't want to drink, really. Just discontent. It was comforting to know the weekenders thread was up and running and that SR was there.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Ready to start up my sober weekend, sign me up.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Cooking steaks this evening folks!
Attached Images
Old 01-24-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Yes I'm there too !! 5th day for me, feeling good but still walking on eggs..... Nice to think about all of us together staying sober no matter what for the weekend (one day or
1/2 day at a time for me ). Isn't it nice to have a clear head ?
Old 01-24-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm in for the last weekend in January! Looking forward to catching up on reading, listening to some serious music, and cooking up a storm.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm in. Last weekend was such a calm weekend. It was nice being sober and in control the entire time. Was also nice because I didn't have any stress (work, etc.), which generally gets the emotions going on the old roller coaster ride. I have one social function tomorrow evening, but other than that I can just relax with the fam.