Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come help us get through 24 th 25th and 26th of jan 2014

Notices

weekend thread come help us get through 24 th 25th and 26th of jan 2014

Old 01-24-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Awww looks like we all are going to eat good this weekend!!
I'm also looking forward to some bacon... tomorrow morning with eggs and coffee.
Hibernating again this weekend sober but freezing!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Another calm sober albeit cold weekend. Let it shine!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well I've made it through Friday night

Night night all!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Ringing in for the weekend. I may go to a music thing tonight if I can manage to take a nap-so tired! Tomorrow I'm going to a friend's house and we're having a ravioli making party, yum, homemade raviolis. Sunday another friend asked me over to hang out with some of her friends. I've made some really nice friends and I don't want to blow it with a drink and I have a feeling at least one of the parties will serve alcohol. An SR friend said she avoided it by saying she was on medication and couldn't drink. I think I will borrow it. People don't usually push it if they think you'll go into a coma or anaphylactic shock LOL! I'm excited and a tiny bit nervous because I haven't socialized much in a long time, been isolating I guess. I think it's time and these are the best people, easy to be around.

So, weekenders, I'm pulling for everyone and for me too.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Im staying up really late to watch WWE royal rumble on sunday with my boyfriend, its the only wrestling PPV we watch now along with wrestlemania it will be the first time I have been awake past 4am sober since I was 18! Getting a huge pizza, screw the healthy eating for that night! x
Old 01-24-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Jessicat! You are killing me! Looks soooo darn good!

I'm me for my address for the delivery... One big truck full. Back up and dump it on my front porch. Yum!

Hey everyone! Sober Friday. Lonely here but ok. Overall life is really going well but not very connected to life at the moment.

Keep on keepin on!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Me too, please 24 more hrs, 11.50pm Friday night, rainy, cold England, but then again, it is winter x
Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Feeling super unsettled tonight but home in pj's as I know this is the best place for me when I'm in this mood. Not to wish the time away but I'm wishing this evening will go quickly and Sober Saturday morning will be here.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Blizzardy weather has ruined my plans for a movie night tonight. Instead I am grappling with a couple of assignments that I have been putting off all week. Just typing away with a warm mug of peppermint tea. So glad that you are all here!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Checking in for my 5th in a row sober weekend.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

That steak looks delicious. I have not had a good steak in such a long time.

My dad put in a bid for me on a new pair of shoes on eBay and I got the shoes. They arrived at my parent's today. The shoes that almost got away. The shoes of my dreams. I wanted them but they were too expensive and when I finally decided to bite the bullet they were completely unavailable in my size. I am happy I got them but can't really wear them now without ruining them in the snow.

What do you all think about piercing little girl's ears? Mu daughter has shift herself in MY bedroom and is sobbing her eyes out because I said absolutely not on getting her ears pierced. She is five (and a half).
Old 01-24-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I've seen babies with pierced ears. Why don't you want her to get her ears pierced? I don't see any harm in it. THe only downside is that I think it's probably better to wait unil they are old enough to do the after care part themselves.

At 5, she'll be upset for a while and then forget about it, most likely. It's kind of funny when kids get so fixated on something minor and go to pieces when they can't have it. But maybe I'm mean :-p
Old 01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

That is, my daughter shut herself in my bedroom. She is having teenaged angst at 5. Crying because she is the smallest kid in her class. She is tiny but how do you get it to sink in that she will grow? I was tiny too. Still am not really tall and won't grow at 49. I will be shrinking instead. Sigh. This is not one of those situations that used to and still is baffling me becoming any clearer. Installing self esteem in girls.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I have seen babies with ears pierced too. I guess it is the "let little girls be little girls" thing. Setting some limits. The care of the things. I was 13 when mine were done. I don't know that I really have a clear explanation other than I think it is a little too young. I will have to think on it some more. She will not forget it though. She still blames me for a stuffed toy I got rid of 2 years ago. It was awful and bleeding styrofoam stuffing all over the place and could not be mended.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Count me in guys. Just got a new box of chamomile tea for the weekend. Work on Monday begins 3 months of work-related madness, non-stop. But I'll do it sober. This is my new life. No going back.
Stay strong everyone. Make those plans and stick to em'
Old 01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Tax time, Malcolm?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Spending my Friday night at the ER, oh joy. Youngest boy was out roller skating and went down. Landed on one hand and the other got rolled over by toe other people. Likely all is fine by after an hour of crying it is a little swollen so we are having it looked at.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, Kiya. I hope the little guy is okay.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ruby2, funny you'd say that because I have a tax nightmare waiting for me this year-very long story, and a bit scary. But actually, I work at a university and a community college and the semester starts Monday-it's like a 3 month sprint.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

He's fairly dramatic so it's hard to tell. Generally we use a 2 day rule where if it still is bothering him after 36 hours there is something legitimate. I remember one time he stubbed his toe. Limped for a day and a half until he forgot which leg hurt and was limping with the wrong one. I imagine we will look back on all the mock injuries one day and they won't be but a spec on the radar. It really bothers me at the time though because it makes it impossible to tell what's real and what's not.