Notices

Cirrhosis ! God no ..not ME :(

Old 09-07-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Don't give up hope! I was told when I was detoxing my liver would be cirrhotic if I carried on within a year or two ! Three months later and my liver was tested as functioning normally.

AA Gill, or of the highest paid food and television critics in the Uk, had severe alcoholic hepatitis when he was 30. He was jaundiced, bloated and doctors gave him a 80% chance of death. He's been sober now 26 years and his liver issues have clearly not resurfaced. His story from a desolate alcoholic junkie to where he is now is an in incredible recovery story which gives a lot of hope. You're in stage 3. Stay off the booze and I think you could see improvement. One only needs 20% of their liver to function healthily and to live to old age.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Keep in there. Remember if you can get through this and not pick up you will be by far the most effective treatment.
Hope your able to get some sleep and start seeing your way through.
John.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thanks so kind.

Today is a new day , im alive , im going to work , i can do this .

Thanks for your continued support , i feel a little stronger today xx
Old 09-07-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

That's great to hear, Snoozy, I'm really pulling for you. I think you see, we all mess up our bodies to varying degrees with this crap; but the body is strong and regenerative.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
orangutan

Snoozy I am glad to hear you sounding more positive today. Take care.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're going through this...but you can turn it around. Thinking of you.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Well done you....
Stronger each day and healing every day you don't pick up.
Gx
Old 09-08-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Thanks , middle of the night once again....so tempted to google , but that would be a disaster... Waiting for the phone to ring some time today , imagining that the lab rings doc .Assuming the worst with my blood results. I have played this scenario over in my mind..... ( phone rings ) doctors secretary rings and tells me my bloods are back and doc needs me to come in straight away.Just like in the movies ,only its playing out in MY life and its real.iI feel nauseated, not through sickness but cos I'm preparing for the worst.i actually feel better in myself through walking the dogs with my hubby and <3 daughter no # 3 on the beautiful sunny spring days after work. Eating healthy food the last few days and only drinking green tea. Hoping this ship hasn't sailed....we shall see .....time will tell .......
Old 09-08-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Snoozie thinking of you let us know how labs turn out.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let us know when you hear something, and in the meantime I'm sending lots of hugs.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Please keep us posted.
Thinking of you and family.
It will be ok.
Be resolute.
Gx
Old 09-08-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Everything will go OK
Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Dear SnoozyQ, thank you for sharing your story. It could be any of us here. My heart goes out to you. Please do whatever the dr says. You are in my prayers. Maybe find a clergy or counselor to talk to.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, Snoozy, I have been told my liver is damaged also. My blood work was all over the place and imaging showed it. I've been on a simple, healthy, lowfat diet and exercising daily. Staying clean and sober. That was in June. I will be having bloodwork repeated in 3 weeks. I freaked out at first, but then did what was necessary to begin repair work, following doctor's orders. I feel better, look healthier. I'm sure there will be positive changes in the tests.
I know how you feel! I look forward to hearing your good results and sharing mine with you! My prayers for you for health and peace and some sleep. Take care, and PM me if you'd like. Remember to breathe!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

JOYGIRL xxxx thank you , thank you , thank you xxx bless xx
Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I am glad you are feeling a little stronger, Snoozy. I keep checking for your updates and hope you get good news. I am thinking of you.

Joygirl, I have been there, and I think you will see improvement. I hope so.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Marcher

You know what else is good medicine? Laughter! I try to find something to laugh about every day. It always lightens my heart and mood.

Thanks, Rochele! I will!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Thanks Rochele , so kind of you girls when you are dealing with your own demons. We seem to be on a similar path us 3 don't we? Im following both of you also and hopefully we can help each other. Joygirl , you seem to be focused and inspirational , so at this point are the strongest , your kind words mean a lot. Rochele , you have started again hon, so its a new beginning for you too. We can do this xxx unity prevails ....hugz xxxx
Old 09-08-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Marcher

I'm often strong because others give me strength. Some days, I'm a sad, little fool. But I'm never alone, never giving up.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

I have wrecked my brain so many times with anticipation and dread. Maybe it's some kind of perversion, but the overwhelming sense of relief that I get when I find out things aren't nearly effed as they seemed makes all of my self inflicted turmoil worth it. Failing that, you could be more rational than me and try to think about positive outcomes. Either way, I sympathize with the waiting and anxiety. I hope you get some answers soon and allow yourself a bit of mental peace and quiet.