Notices

Cirrhosis ! God no ..not ME :(

Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks sweatyhands. I want the results ....but i don't want them, if you know what i mean. :-/
Old 09-08-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Thanks sweatyhands. I want the results ....but i don't want them, if you know what i mean. :-/
Yes. Phone calls from the doctor intrude on my fantasy world from time to time. In a moment of candid professionalism said "well, your liver seems to be fine, so that means now you're just crazy." I thought it best not to protest.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Still believin' in you and quietly confident.
Today a little better....
Be kind to yourself.
You are SO worth it....
Gx
Old 09-08-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Just wanted to say hang in there, Snoozy. I've been praying for you. Yar, waiting for results sucks. Us alcoholics hate having to wait for anything, especially if we're waiting for something we think we won't want to hear.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Snoozy are you jaundiced? Do you have ascites? Have you lost all your appetite? I not trying to play doctor and diagnose you but if you haven't got these symptoms then your liver is still functioning and as long as you've removed the booze I don't think you're gonna get a really bad result. I mean realistically there may be damage, but people can still live to old age with a damaged liver.

My thoughts go out to you, worrying about cirrhosis is something I relate to so much and I know how awful it is to lie awake thinking about it. Good luck! You WILL be fine!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Geez, I think we can all relate to this kind of mentality, "I'll stop before it becomes problematic" but we never really know. I saw a post above that the liver is pretty resilient. I can attest to this as I work in Radiology, don't give up but please make strides towards the better! (lord knows I need to and that's why I joined this site tonight, I'm getting serious about making things right)
Old 09-09-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hiya Matty , no im not jaundiced. I still have a great appetite . I dont know if i have ascites? My doc said that because my liver is SIGNIFICANTLY fatty ,( stage 3 ) they cant see if there is scarring through it , so i have changed my diet , and lost 2 kg already . ( baby steps ) i have been drinking water and green tea for the last 3 days and feel 'lighter'. But i miss my chocolate and my milk terribly.
You are lovely,
Thanks for the hope Matty.

I really appreciate that and you taking the time to write.
You are right about the laying awake at night, its hideous.
What a lovely positive post , thanks so much xx

THEDUDE704
Even working in radiology cant help us when we are a slave to alcohol. We all know
The risks. Im so glad you are getting serious about it cos alcohol is serious stuff :-( i know the liver regenerates and is an amazing organ , but it can only take so much torture. Thats my way of thinking at 1 2 3 4 5 or 6 am ,but during the day i switch my busy brain off.
Xx
Old 09-09-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hey snooz just want you to know you are in my thoughts everyday! And although I'm not a religious woman I do pray and I pray for you and your family. Heck I think this whole site is pray
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Opps praying for you. Your our sister mother wife! Keep us posted HUGS!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

THEDUDE704.

I am so glad you joined this site tonight you wont regret it. I have not had a sip of alcohol since i joined 2 months ago. So many fantastic people here. The best support ever , to keep you on track . You CAN do this too . Good luck xx
Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Was intersting when u said that about fatty liver. I said before i had med fatty liver that was some yrs ago.
I havent had a scan since, did read that eating disordes can suffer from this also, which i know i do,but i know mine is due to alcohol,with medication i am on.

Would be interested in how u get on with where u are going. my doctor hasnt had any interest in scanning me again so would wonder how liver does regenarate.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

SnoozyQ, can you give us a back story on how long you been drinking and what type of drinker you were. If you don't mind.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy, thinking of you and hoping you got some good news.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Will be thinking of you throughout the day, SnoozyQ. Years ago, in my 20s, I had abnormal numbers but knock on wood... no doctor's ever told me that again, since. I don't know HOW as I've drunk like a sponge off and on since then, but I'm counting my blessings. When I do drink, I know my liver (could be pancreas) gets inflamed though. Your post reminded me WHY I must keep trying to beat this.

I just read all the posts in this thread, and there's a lot of love and strength here. Keep the faith, Snoozy!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Of Course . Hi Actionpack. I had my first drink at 14 . I was my friends brothers 18th and we got our orange juices spiked. I was so violently ill that i never touched another drink until almost 30 . I would have a few glasses on a weekend with the family bbq but never get drunk. Then my husband brought a friend home who was an alcoholic. Great guy but a very heavy drinker. He would always buy me a bottle of omni ( sparkling red ) and pour me a glass and i had no interest. My husband lost his job , then soon his mate was over every day. My husband was always very controlled re drinking

I actually started drinking with his mate cos i thought he would get angry and tell him to leave. So really , it started like that ( epiphany) wow !

Then , i cant say exactly , but it escalated very quickly to a couple of ciders every couple of days , then a half a bottle of wine, then it got to a bottle twice a week , then 4 or 5 times a week over the next 15 years , with periods of sobriety in between. 1 year after my first stint in rehab.then a couple of lots of 6 months and sporadic 3 month intervals . But the last year it has been probably 2 bottles , sometimes 2 litres even 5 times a week . I even started drinking in the mornings the last few months. Thats when i knew i was in trouble.

My biggest problem is im a binge drinker , i would finish a bottle of 13% wine in about 15 minutes . I needed an instant buzz. I honestly hated the taste of wine and would gag sometimes , even have it warm ..yuk ( when i was hiding it ) which was all the time . Then i would have the next bottle til i blacked out , i could never remember getting to bed ! :-( then woke up feeling like **** and had to face work hungover. SIGH ...... What a waste of my life and time i could have spent living instead of numbing. Xxx
Old 09-09-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

But you are living now. Not only that, but your strength and resolve is inspiring others.
Not everyone gets a chance to do that in life.
By sharing your experience you might just help save another life.
Sounds dramatic but it's true.
Proud of ya.
Gx
Old 09-09-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

So, you did not get a call today. I hope you hear tomorrow. All the waiting and worrying is the worst.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Right Rochele ! No call and I'm pacing . May as well get into some bloody candy crush lol til my eyes are hanging out , so i hopefully wont wake with google on my mind at 2 am and wide awake. Xx
Old 09-09-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

On opposite sides of the world and we both have candy crush, lol. Hang in there sweetie.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thanks afloat i have been scouring forums all over SR today , keeping busy so i don't think. Im wondering whether to ring Doc in morning to see if my results are in...or if he hasn't rung then that must mean better news right? Ignorance is bliss i suppose. But then what if he doesn't ring and i think things must be a bit better , then he hits me with THE NEWS in a week or so .OH GOD !!!!! I so want to be off this emotional roller coaster .

I just have to know if I'm dying or curing ...there is NO IN BETWEEN ;( i just want my life to be like it was before this scan . The thing that is keeping me sane was when DEE said i need to find out , so i can deal with whatever my news is and lean on the great people here.

My logical mind says this is so , but my heart says i don't want to know.