Notices

Cirrhosis ! God no ..not ME :(

Old 12-28-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Snoozy, amazing! So happy for you! I remember how worried ou were, and it is wonderful you are feeling well and still sober!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Congratulations!! You are amazing and I love waking up to positive posts!!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Snoozy….CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!

I remember reading this thread for weeks and totally forgot it was you! So, so happy for you! What a story…..I feel so privileged to be able to witness these amazing success stories!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Congrats! Thanks for being an inspiration. I hope to be where you are one day. One day at a time!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Thanks Snoozy for all the inspiration. I'm on day 33 and I stopped, (among other things) because I was having that liver pain you explain. I have not gone to the doctor, but I do notice that what was once a sharp pain, especially at night, is almost gone. I do plan on going for a check up after the holidays. I just told myself that I have to quit putting poison in my body and this has kept me on track. Drinking is not even a choice anymore because I never want to feel that pain inside me again. I'm a little scared to go see the doctor, but I know I must go. At least I have these few sober days/weeks behind me. Your story really hits close to home and I'm so glad you are coming back and giving updates. Thank you and congratulations on your six months. I can't wait to get there.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

That is wonderful Snoozy!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Oh snoozy that is so wonderful that you and only you healed your body as you have. Congrats on 6 months! I hope that this thread reaches someone who is currently in your old shoes, and they see all of what you've given yourself is possible! I'm so proud of you!!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Am amazed by your story and now 6 months of sobriety considering where you were at initially! (awesome achievement).
Old 12-28-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Just want to jump in and let you know that I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way, SnoozyQ. Wishing you the best with every inch of positive power and engergy I can muster.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, SnoozyQ, I opened the thread, got scared, and jumped right to the end to comment. I guess I'm still learning--look at the date the thread was posted. I AM SO GLAD that things are better. I think there is a lot to be learned with your story. If you don't mind, I might share it with a friend who could really "wake up" from your story. Again, so happy for you, you are an inspiration.
-Malcolm
Old 12-28-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

WOW was that really six months ago. You've been brilliant on here with your honesty and wit.
Just imagine how much more comfortable you'll be in another six months.
Simply fantastic.
Love John.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

I think I'm the only one missing on this thread. LOL!

Congratulations on your 6 months! The new ones should read and learn, it doesn't have to go to a major medial scare to quit.

And we are definitely not invisible, not does it only happens to others. Thank god for your health.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Way to go, SQ!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! Wishing you continued good health in 2014!!!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Congratulations Snoozy! I remember reading this post. Way to go and thanks for continuing to post on SR!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Wow ! Thank you everyone . I am truly overwhelmed by all your wonderful words and support . Each and every one of you have helped me get here . I could NEVER have done this without SR .

I have just come in from work and read all these beautiful replies. I am a very lucky girl to have friends like you . Xxx thank you so much. Xxx

Malcolmsloan , you are very welcome to share my post yes ..if I can help just one person after going through what I have and coming out the other side , then this has been so worth it .

People truly can get better even if they think it's too late . 1 DAY SOBER IS BETTER THAN A LIFETIME DRUNK! the liver is an amazing organ .

GIRLSEARCHING . Hi there hun Please don't be scared to go to your doc , it will be the best thing you have ever done . I was literally terrified to go , but with some gentle urging from my friends in here i went.

Let us know when you go , we will be here to talk with you afterwards cos we have all been there . Blood tests etc... Now is your time . I'm at 6 months and my doctor is amazed .
Pm me anytime you like . I would love to help you through this xxx

Xx

I seriously really love you guys xx :-)
Old 12-28-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hello SnoozyQ. Just wanted to drop in & say hi. I have read this whole thread & everyone's responses have been so supportive. I'm sure my liver has sustained damage as well, although I haven't experienced pains. But I just posted here a few days ago I know I will die if I keep on drinking. As much as I have drank, I was really quite concerned about quitting cold turkey. I have temporarily quit in the past w/no seizures, which is my main concern. I considered detox, but instead decided to try to taper off within 3 days (I also have a friend staying with me). I poured the vodka down the sink & bought a bottle of red wine & plenty of water. Every time I attempted to drink 1/2 glass I threw up violently. That is today. I will be going to the Dr as I'm sure it's Gastritis. I'm also concerned abut my esophagus, but am trying not to project. My stomach has been irritated when eating for a few months, but I just masked the pain w/alcohol. I feel very, very rough right now. I just hope I can sleep some later. I also checked into herbs & switching to a more healthy diet. Just wish I felt like I could eat something now, but I don't think I can. Anyway, your posts have helped me greatly!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi Purplelotus ;-)
I can really feel your pain through your words hun ;( you really have had enough haven't you ? You sound very similar to how i felt when I wrote this 6 months ago . The fact that you cant hold anything down and are throwing up violently is your bodies way of rejecting what's harming you .
I really recommend.seeing your Doctor . Xx.

I know you are scared and you probably lay awake at night imagining the state of your liver and insides etc .... Its horrific, the things we imagine .
But fear of the unknown is much worse as a dear friend pointed out to me here . Thanks Dee.x

I would DEFINATELY have medical supervision at this point if you were to detox . Especially with the amounts you have probably been drinking .

But i promise you this , nothing is more scarier than how you feel right now , today .

You can fix this and you can start now and you will have SO much support in here from friends who have replied to this thread , that can advise you better than me .

Stay here and lean on us Lotus ...i really want this for you xxxx hugs xxxx
Old 12-28-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

SnoozyQ,

Yes, I think I am, which why your posts resonate with me ��. My friend asked me if I've had my liver counts checked, and sure enough my response was nope, too scared. The poison has definitely taken its toll. I couldn't do anything today. Now cozy watching TV with kitty on my lap wrapped up in a blanket posting here for the moral support from good folks like you. If you can follow through on the tough situation you had, I'm sure I can do it. I'm so happy things weren't as bad as you thought; if you're like me, our minds tend to jump to worst case scenario. Congrats on the six months!!! I look forward to reading more posts. BTW, about how long did it take for your sleep to improve?
Old 12-28-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I would say it took about 6 weeks for my sleep to start improving .
Also Lotus , what you have to look forward to is not waking up at 3 am with a jolt , then feelings of impending doom etc .
Once your body is weaned off of the alcohol , you will actually start to enjoy a rested nights sleep .
I have to say that this is honestly my favourite thing now .

I don't have to pass out drunk anymore to sleep , it comes naturally and not just that , my head is clearer I'm remembering more , there are just positives to come from not drinking.

But seriously negative to continue ..there is only one way we know that's gonna end up ..don't we ?

Be safe if you detox . I never got seizures but i consider that extremely lucky ..i would never recommend detoxing without medical assistance if you have been a hard drinker and with your symptoms already , you need to stay as safe as you can xxx